***Auburn vs. Arkansas Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Ok, this is a nit but did anybody else notice the FLA orange & blue on the AU logo & graphics tonight?! Can we please get the SEC Net some proper Pantones, sheez !

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Duke is by far the best receiver on this team. His routes are flawless and he catches EVERYTHING thrown to him. He was always open and that's no accident. I know we all love Sammie, and he's a physical freak, but Duke seems to be a much more sound receiver. Sammie, Ricardo, Melvin, Quan, Marcus, and Uzomah are good. Duke is great. We're going to have a lot of fun watching him this year before he hops to the NFL.

I think most of us knew Duke was the most talented receiver in our arsenal. He does need to learn to get the first downs and not give up ground trying to make a big play. But no one is perfect.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but Duke is by far the best receiver on this team. His routes are flawless and he catches EVERYTHING thrown to him. He was always open and that's no accident. I know we all love Sammie, and he's a physical freak, but Duke seems to be a much more sound receiver. Sammie, Ricardo, Melvin, Quan, Marcus, and Uzomah are good. Duke is great. We're going to have a lot of fun watching him this year before he hops to the NFL.

I think most of us knew Duke was the most talented receiver in our arsenal. He does need to learn to get the first downs and not give up ground trying to make a big play. But no one is perfect.

I agree duke is our best, and I love that he is playing the slot. He will be our biggest weapon this year. Gus will start dreaming up more plays for him, starting about an hour ago.

I can't see Duke having as many balls thrown to him as he had today. With NM at QB, three running plays are almost an automatic first down. Biggest risk of killing the drive is a poorly thrown pass. I just think this makes CGM a little reluctant to call many pass plays.

I can't see Duke having as many balls thrown to him as he had today. With NM at QB, three running plays are almost an automatic first down. Biggest risk of killing the drive is a poorly thrown pass. I just think this makes CGM a little reluctant to call many pass plays.

Gus wants this offense to have the ability to run or throw on pretty much any down. We are going to face some very stout defenses later this year and it will require being able to throw the ball as well as run.

It was great to JJ come out on fire passing. I was a little concerned about a day game but not any more. I think we could have rolled them by passing more the first half. Don't think they could stop duke, Sammie, Ray, CJ. Offense can be dominant.

anybody got an injury report. i didnt see much other than i think Ford got helped into the tunnel late in the 1st half maybe. could have been someone else but remember it was a db. was it just cramping?

thanks

anybody got an injury report. i didnt see much other than i think Ford got helped into the tunnel late in the 1st half maybe. could have been someone else but remember it was a db. was it just cramping?

thanks

i noticed him on the field in the 4th so I think it was just cramping.

I want to give props to Melvin Ray. He made two huge plays. The first was a great pace setter with the opening touch down. But even more important I feel was his amazing one handed catch to start the 3rd quarter. Nick threw it too high and we needed to score as Arkansas had the momentum at that point. We punt if he doesn't make that grab and Nick's opening possession doesn't look so good. To me, that was one of the biggest and most important plays of the game.

I totally agree. It was the turning point of the game and a play that was just exceptional!

I want to give props to Melvin Ray. He made two huge plays. The first was a great pace setter with the opening touch down. But even more important I feel was his amazing one handed catch to start the 3rd quarter. Nick threw it too high and we needed to score as Arkansas had the momentum at that point. We punt if he doesn't make that grab and Nick's opening possession doesn't look so good. To me, that was one of the biggest and most important plays of the game.

I totally agree. It was the turning point of the game and a play that was just exceptional!

when everyone else is caught up about duke and sammie some forget about melvin, he just might be our unsung hero for some games

Morphing Marshall and Johnson would give you, oh what was his name...Cam or something like that.

How about Carlson tonight? Kid was a animal.

How about Carlson tonight? Kid was a animal.

loved those touchbacks,just like ole parkey

I have to agree that I felt that JJ should play the whole game... but Nick came back and showed who's the boss....

Therezie's forced interception was a momentum shifter...

We are back... and we sure as hell will be 13 seconds tougher...

WAR EAGLE!!

TNT XIII

Bert postgame ...

BwVB3txCAAE0I-M.jpg

Bert is fatogenic.

The fat jokes are making us, and more so you look like a total idiot, aka a bammer, the Auburn I went to had class. Coach Griffin, made sure of that.

Apparently you left you're sense of humor in class class.... :/

Was anyone else a little concerned with how low the punts were? From were I was standing, it looked like they were very blockable from the line. I will admit I was pleasantly surprised at the distance each punt received.

Looks like Therezie is more than just better as a pass protector. He's a leader and makes the defense so much more electric. The biggest physical change in the second half was throwing him out there and he did what he had to do

By far is insane. D'haquille isn't good after the catch, that seems to be the one bad takeaway from his game. Sammie isn't the best but he's better than Williams. I think Williams is the better overall receiver but Sammie will probably get drafted over him

I was so pumped at the second half D.The first half I was sitting there thinking, crap another hair pulling 45 to 40 game to the wire like last years games,but I was actually impressed. 45-21 is a decent style points score for the masses.WDE!

Archived