***Auburn vs. Arkansas Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, this is a nit but did anybody else notice the FLA orange & blue on the AU logo & graphics tonight?! Can we please get the SEC Net some proper Pantones, sheez !

Don't steal my avatar, Jack!

;D

Uzomah said he had to do 20 up-downs for his missed block on one of the 3rd-and-1s

@JamesCrepea

I saw Gus was about to stroke out after that play and was staring a whole through # 81. On the replay you could see that if he makes that block, we easily get the first down.

Uzomah said he had to do 20 up-downs for his missed block on one of the 3rd-and-1s

@JamesCrepea

I'm surprised Johnson didn't have to since it was his fault because he's not a run threat

I am thrilled with second half D but I am confused why Arky gave up trying to run. If I had gashed a D that bad in first half just because they stopped a couple of early runs I wouldn't have given up on the run. They only ran the ball 6 times in second half that is bad coaching. That is not taking anything away from second half adjustments and improved D-line play.

Great to see us establish the run in second half, but in each half we were a little one dimensional. First Half great passing ok running but some of that was penalties, Second half I really wanted to se the NM who everybody said was a polished passer. NM was the Marshall of last year which is great but his throwing was inconsistent. The dropped pass by Sammie might have made me change my mind as it was right on the money.

Now after what seems like bad mouthing my own team. I am thrilled that we have two great but different QB's. I saw a team with first game jitters that really stepped up their game in the second half. The positives outweighed the negatives at least 3 or 4 to 1. Now we need to build on this game to game just like we did last year. LB play was still suspect, I think our rotating of D-Linemen caught up with the very large but tiring Arky O-Line. In second half the DB's improved their play. O-Line was great in both half's whether pass blocking or run blocking and will get better as a unit which is scary. We wore the Arky defense out the rain delay probably helped then to recover a little but it didn't matter.

Finally really stoked by special Teams as I was one of the ones who wondered if they would be our Achilles heel in close games.

War Eagle the future looks bright this year.

I am thrilled with second half D but I am confused why Arky gave up trying to run. If I had gashed a D that bad in first half just because they stopped a couple of early runs I wouldn't have given up on the run. They only ran the ball 6 times in second half that is bad coaching. That is not taking anything away from second half adjustments and improved D-line play.

I think they quickly deduced that our defense had neutralized the part of their offensive gameplan that enabled them to gash us with rushing in the first place, and then they were playing from behind against an offense they knew could only be stopped when it stopped itself. It might not be the best example of gameday coaching, but I can certainly understand the logic behind it. They did have previous success passing the ball against us in the first half too. Bielema knew it was going to take more than 28 points to beat us, rather early in the third quarter, and that the point total to beat us was going to be a moving target.

Ok, this is a nit but did anybody else notice the FLA orange & blue on the AU logo & graphics tonight?! Can we please get the SEC Net some proper Pantones, sheez !

Don't steal my avatar, Jack!

;D

Aw dang, love "sleepy" Aubie, but hate unoriginality... fixed.

ya know this year is going to be very interesting,definitely saw that from this game, what's auburn without some adversity? i mean the first game the team struggles in the first half and in the second half shuts out the opponent, classic auburn football.

Archived