Bruce Pearl ask AU students

WarEagle84

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not going to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

The word "sperm" shouldn't be offensive on here, IMO. 9th grade science class, anyone?

But I don't make the rules so apologies in advance if it is offensive though.

But I'm against the student section being named that because of the connotation lol

Fair enough. I don't find it offensive personally, but I'm sure some might. Honestly just couldn't think of a good way to say it this morning haha

Honestly, I hear Pearl Jam and all I think of is the band.

I was like this too until I saw somebody mention what the name references a few months ago on this site. I CAN'T UNSEE IT NOW

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

I see what you did there FHeal. How about the "Tiger Din"? Like you infer that sets the bar high for the student section to be noisy. Downside is all Bammers that made it past Remedial English will tell everyone that we can't spell.

The Wild is kind of cool actually. It can serve as the name of the student section, also doubling as the nickname for the arena. Especially with Pearl's frantic and chaos-creating style of play it could work.

Nobody wants to enter The Wild.

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not going to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

The word "sperm" shouldn't be offensive on here, IMO. 9th grade science class, anyone?

But I don't make the rules so apologies in advance if it is offensive though.

But I'm against the student section being named that because of the connotation lol

Fair enough. I don't find it offensive personally, but I'm sure some might. Honestly just couldn't think of a good way to say it this morning haha

Honestly, I hear Pearl Jam and all I think of is the band.

Ditto

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not goin

g to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

I thought the offensive term was "Pearl Necklace," not Pearl Jam.

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not goin

g to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

I thought the offensive term was "Pearl Necklace," not Pearl Jam.

Me too. I thought the band was named for one of the member's Aunt Pearl's Jam.

From wiki:

The band played its first official show at the Off Ramp Café in Seattle on October 22, 1990,[12] and soon signed to Epic Records and renamed themselves Pearl Jam.[6] In an early promotional interview, Vedder said that the name "Pearl Jam" was a reference to his great-grandmother Pearl, who was married to a Native American and had a special recipe for peyote-laced jam.[13] In a 2006 Rolling Stone cover story however, Vedder admitted that this story was "total bull****", even though he indeed had a great-grandma named Pearl. Ament and McCready explained that Ament came up with "pearl", and that the band later settled on "Pearl Jam" after attending a concert by Neil Young, in which he extended his songs as improvisations of 15–20 minutes in length.[1]

From wiki:

The band played its first official show at the Off Ramp Café in Seattle on October 22, 1990,[12] and soon signed to Epic Records and renamed themselves Pearl Jam.[6] In an early promotional interview, Vedder said that the name "Pearl Jam" was a reference to his great-grandmother Pearl, who was married to a Native American and had a special recipe for peyote-laced jam.[13] In a 2006 Rolling Stone cover story however, Vedder admitted that this story was "total bull****", even though he indeed had a great-grandma named Pearl. Ament and McCready explained that Ament came up with "pearl", and that the band later settled on "Pearl Jam" after attending a concert by Neil Young, in which he extended his songs as improvisations of 15–20 minutes in length.[1]

I think that's what I read a while ago and just forgot all the important details. :)

Archived