Marshall in the NFL

WFE12

Vick was shiny and new. If Marshall played then, he would be revolutionary. You're being a revisionist. He was a below average passer in college.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vick was shiny and new. If Marshall played then, he would be revolutionary. You're being a revisionist. He was a below average passer in college.

He was "below average", but you can still go find a Vick highlight reel and see him bombing perfect passes down the field that hit receivers perfectly in stride. How many times has Marshall done that in his career? Less than 3 times maybe?

Vick's aptitude for passing was much higher hence why he went #1 overall whereas Marshall is a mid-round complete gamble at best.

Vick went number one because he was marketable and unique. If he came out now, he'd be a late first, second round type guy. At most. He worked himself into a better passer, but he was Tebow-esque coming out of college. Highlights don't make you a good passer.

As for the run game, Marshall was equally productive per carry. Just saying.

Nick did it twice tonight. Duke just dropped one of them.

Bro; look at the passes in this short-ass clip. Marshall could only dream of slinging the football like this. Some of the balls Vick threw were picture-perfect: perfect spin, perfect trajectory, perfect loft. Everything with Marshall looks robotic.

0:52

1:47

2:17 (WHAT)

2:56 (utterly perfect)

3:02

3:31 (perfect)

3:37 (elite throw)

4:05 (perfect)

4:25

I'm not revising s***. Vick, while crude, could make throws that rivaled Peyton Manning. Marshall cant come close.

Yeah, because he plays in an offense that runs for 300+ yards per game LMFAO.

Vick sh**s on Marshall as a runner. Way faster, and much more elusive. He even broke more tackles. He'd be unstoppable in this offense.

s***. Talk about the throws Nick made tonight to Duke up the seam. Duke on the double move. Sammie on the fly route (who looked like he was dogging it till the ball was in the air and ended up six inches short). Those throws were as good as they come. You can love Mike Vick all you want. Just understand, what you're watching is 90% as good and 100% as productive.

Duke on the double move.

Short. Perfect pass in that play doesn't get the receiver (who was way open) caught.

Sammie on the fly route (who looked like he was dogging it till the ball was in the air and ended up six inches short).

Line drive. The amount of touchdowns he would have if he learned to throw a ball with arc is unfathomable. He just whips the ball down the field, every single time.

Yeah, because he plays in an offense that runs for 300+ yards per game LMFAO.

Vick sh**s on Marshall as a runner. Way faster, and much more elusive. He even broke more tackles. He'd be unstoppable in this offense.

Lol... homie please. Highlights are cute.

Meta, the throw to Duke to end the game was perfect. You put that ball on him with the game on the line. No question. Anything else is selfish stat padding. Perfect throw.

Duke on the double move.

Short. Perfect pass in that play doesn't get the receiver (who was way open) caught.

Sammie on the fly route (who looked like he was dogging it till the ball was in the air and ended up six inches short).

Line drive. The amount of touchdowns he would have if he learned to throw a ball with arc is unfathomable. He just whips the ball down the field, every single time.

Same thing my dad said.....Marshall throws a lot of bullets

I wasn't aware Nick is a DB. Seems like he's played a LOT more football at QB. I missed him out there in coverage last night. He played CB for five minutes as a true freshman. QB the rest of his career.

Marshall isn't an NFL QB right now. But I fully believe he has the tools to be one. Now will he get that shot and time to develop the areas of his games that need developing? I have no idea. But too me the only thing that Marshall lacks is consistency in the passing game. He can make all the throws, he just can't make them all the time. So I don't understand how people can say it's not possible he could improve that area of his game over time a be a great NFL QB??

Meta, the throw to Duke to end the game was perfect. You put that ball on him with the game on the line. No question. Anything else is selfish stat padding. Perfect throw.

It was a perfect throw to win the game in that situation because all we needed was a first down and the game was over. But in any other situation (say earlier in the game), the "perfect throw" on that same play doesn't conclude with Williams having to slow down a step or two in order to meet the ball. He was so far ahead of the DB after the double move.

I'm pretty sure NM tried to make the pass to end the game to Duke to where he hit him in stride. As all QBs generally do. He just didn't hit him in stride and Duke had to STOP to catch the ball essentially.

Just because its completed doesn't mean its a good throw. Sometimes bullsh*t shots go in in basketball, that doesn't mean it was a good shot.

Thanks meta for the stupid counter factual. He wasn't in "any other circumstance". He was in position to end the game with a first down. So he ended the game by giving his WR an easy catch. It was a perfect throw.

Thanks meta for the stupid counter factual. He wasn't in "any other circumstance". He was in position to end the game with a first down. So he ended the game by giving his WR an easy catch. It was a perfect throw.

I thought it was a good throw and catch at a clutch time, but it still doesn't mean he's going to make it in the nfl. He would have to have a monster passing year just to get some talk about getting picked for qb. Running the zone read so well last year did not help his stock.

His draft position will depend on how insistent he is on playing qb. If he really insists on that he will still get drafted but much later. If he is open to doing other things, he will go higher. He is a good college qb for the system that Gus runs. That is not the same as being in the NFL.

Archived