Is there any big stars about to commit to the SEC

PowerI

we were in the lead for Jerrell Powe(6 2' 322 pound DE), the number 2 overall prospect in the nation, but rivals is now reporting that the Powe is pissed because the Auburn coaches havent called him in over a month while Texas A&m has called him everyday for the past two weeks. Sooo now we are back in the middle of the pack. he says we were by far his leader but now we are just the same as everyone else, and that he may not even take his official visit here. i dont know why the coaches would do this! PLease tommy pick up the phone.

we were in the lead for Jerrell Powe(6 2' 322 pound DE), the number 2 overall prospect in the nation, but rivals is now reporting that the Powe is pissed because the Auburn coaches havent called him in over a month while Texas A&m has called him everyday for the past two weeks. Sooo now we are back in the middle of the pack. he says we were by far his leader but now we are just the same as everyone else, and that he may not even take his official visit here.  i dont know why the coaches would do this! PLease tommy pick up the phone.

130757[/snapback]

If the AU staff has backed off of Jerrell, I'm sure they have a reason. They wouldn't drop the ball on a kid that they really wanted. More to the story here, I'm sure.

we were in the lead for Jerrell Powe(6 2' 322 pound DE), the number 2 overall prospect in the nation, but rivals is now reporting that the Powe is pissed because the Auburn coaches havent called him in over a month while Texas A&m has called him everyday for the past two weeks. Sooo now we are back in the middle of the pack. he says we were by far his leader but now we are just the same as everyone else, and that he may not even take his official visit here.  i dont know why the coaches would do this! PLease tommy pick up the phone.

130757[/snapback]

Sounds like Mr. Powe wants a little attention. Poor baby. He may be a great talent and I don't know a thing about the guy other than what was just posted here about what he said. But if he's "Pissed" because no one's called him in a while, how's he gonna be if he signs and doesn't think he's getting enough love when he gets here?

So, what do Texas A&M coaches say when they call him "Everyday for 2 weeks"? Hey, it's me again. How ya' doin'? Can I get you anything? A coke, car, a deposit in your checking account? Just let me know. I'll call ya' tomorrow."

There supposedly was a confrontation between powe and his coach after their playoff loss, but both powe and his coach have stated publically that it was just a shouting match in the heat of the battle and that it got blown out of proportion. from reading about this kid i dont get the feeling that he would be a willie williams type of prick but i suppose the coaches probably know more than i do.

130757[/snapback]

Sounds like Mr. Powe wants a little attention. Poor baby. He may be a great talent and I don't know a thing about the guy other than what was just posted here about what he said. But if he's "Pissed" because no one's called him in a while, how's he gonna be if he signs and doesn't think he's getting enough love when he gets here?

So, what do Texas A&M coaches say when they call him "Everyday for 2 weeks"? Hey, it's me again. How ya' doin'? Can I get you anything? A coke, car, a deposit in your checking account? Just let me know. I'll call ya' tomorrow."

130763[/snapback]

when you are the best defensive tackle in the nation you dont expect a team to just back off of you. its called recruiting for a reason, of course he wants some attention.

Agreed. But the thing that sticks out is him saying he is "Pissed" or how ever he put it. If he really does feel that way, I think we all know CTT never has and never will put up with attitude. It may be all blown out of proportion. I don't know and like I said, I only know about Powe what I've read in this thread. If he wants to come to Auburn and the coaches want him, it'll happen. Here's to a great class.

130757[/snapback]

If the AU staff has backed off of Jerrell, I'm sure they have a reason. They wouldn't drop the ball on a kid that they really wanted. More to the story here, I'm sure.

130760[/snapback]

They have a reason. Trust me. Powe is a sign-and-place anyways.

Exactly, Rainman. Powe doesn't seem to be the kind of person that the Tigers want in the locker room, and we would only get a couple of years out of him anyway because he isn't close to qualifying.

Guest Tigrinum Major

130757[/snapback]

Perhaps, Mr. Powe, you have heard of a couplethree little games known as the oldest continuous rivalry in the South, the Iron Bowl, and the SEC Championship Game. The coaches have been a little busy...

Is this the guy from Waynesboro, MS? I have heard the same thing about his academics.

Grad, I heard bama got a RB out of Fort Walton. What's the word? Fort Walton came up and played Dothan earlier this year and they had a RB that blew em' away. Same guy?

Grad, I heard bama got a RB out of Fort Walton.  What's the word?  Fort Walton came up and played Dothan earlier this year and they had a RB that blew em' away.  Same guy?

130804[/snapback]

Glen Coffee. The kid is damned impressive. Comes from my old HS, so he's got that going for him.

FWBHS gave us Danny Wuerffel as well. :thumbsup:

Is there any big stars about to commit to the SEC Champions?

Is there any English majors posting here? Or should it be "Are there any big stars..."? I write and edit copy for a living. I notice this stuff probably more than some.

Just messing with you. ;)

Is there any big stars about to commit to the SEC Champions?

Is there any English majors posting here? Or should it be "Are there any big stars..."? I write and edit copy for a living. I notice this stuff probably more than some.

Just messing with you. ;)

130820[/snapback]

That's been bugging the hell out of me, but I didn't want to embarass the guy.

Thanks for doing that for me. B)

Agreed.  But the thing that sticks out is him saying he is "Pissed" or how ever he put it.  If he really does feel that way, I think we all know CTT never has and never will put up with attitude.  It may be all blown out of proportion.  I don't know and like I said, I only know about Powe what I've read in this thread.  If he wants to come to Auburn and the coaches want him, it'll happen.  Here's to a great class.

130771[/snapback]

"Pissed" is not a direct quote. that was just the impression i got from reading the article. this kid could be the best defensive tackle to ever play at auburn but i agree that if CTT thinks he could jeapordize the character of the team we shouldnt recruit him. we didnt go 12-0 because of great players, we went 12-0 because we have a great TEAM.

Archived