Decommitment

GaTigerFan

If this is the dude that had his recruiting picture with a cell phone in his ear, and I think it was, I remember commenting on it when he committed originally. I know a cell phone doesn't mean anyhting, but I remember thinking, this is your recruiting pic that's going out to thousands of people and you're on the phone getting a hook up?

I have watched Ali for the past few years and he is a great HS back. I don't think he has the size/speed combination to be the goto guy in the SEC. Time may prove me wrong though.

I had heard this was probably going to happen. We wanted him to be a DB, he really wanted to play RB if he could and Bama is willing to give him that opportunity. Our backfield's a bit crowded right now with Stewart, Irons, Tre, Watson, and Lester.

The link you list doesn't say he decommited.  Where did you see it?

131158[/snapback]

Over on the left side under hot news there are two links, one says Ali Shuffle and the one below it says he changes commit. to the Tide.

I heard this might happen a week or two ago.

It doesn't appear that we tried real hard to keep him. Usually CTT doesn't give up on one. I do feel like we need 1 or 2 RB's. Maybe this means the coaches were looking at someone else a little harder.

He was one of our first committments. I recall reading a newspaper article in the past couple of weeks that said AU was turning down kids they would normally go after real hard because we have so many 5 stars that have us at the top of their lists. My opinion is that AU went soft on him and may have subtlely gotten him to decommitt by telling him we were going to use him as a DB. It worked to our advantage and probably his also. I don't think he would have gotten much playing time with all the great RB's we already have. We wish him well at UA.

The rumor aound North Ala. is the Sharief and Keys want to go to the same school. Keys, you may recall , was rated the top safety in the country before the season and is an LSU recruit. But the got budyrf gor possession of MJ at his high school in La. and ended up coming to live with Sharief (long story here) and hoping to play H.S. with Sharief at North Jackson. But ala the Alabama H>S> association said he couldn't play in Alabama either. So one might suspect bama will offer Keys also.

An interesting sidelight to this.....several weeks ago when Keys was discussed on this board, our bama friend BG said it would be bad for Auburn to go after Keys and he wouldn't touch him. Now BG, on a bama board, is all excited about getting Sharief and the possibility of getting Keys. BG is spinning it like a bama pro. :big:

I'm curious what my friends Bama Bo and tidefan24 think about Keys. :P

Im suprised you didnt link to the thread I started regarding keys instead of trying to spin it your way.

Come on PT, at least if youre gonna slam me link to my actual words.

Im suprised you didnt link to the thread I started regarding keys instead of trying to spin it your way.

Come on PT, at least if youre gonna slam me link to my actual words.

131231[/snapback]

I was too lazy to look it up :D

I didn't quote you either by the way. I just said the essence of what I recall you saying in your posts. If I spun it , you link the thread and let us be the judge. :poke:

PT I remember saying I felt the AHSAA did the right thing by not allowing him to play. I still stand by that. He broke the rules, AHSAA has a zero tolerance policy. And I think that just based on the rules, you gotta go with precident.

Just because he may end up playing for Bama, doesnt mean Im going to change my opinion on that. I dont recall saying anything negative about him personally. I agreed with the assesment others made that "everyone makes mistakes" but I also said everyone has to pay for said mistakes.

I don't see why some of you are wishing this guy well.  I don't wish anybody well that goes to bammer.  I hope he falls flat on his face.

131235[/snapback]

Probably because some people realize that he's just a student athlete who is trying to make the best for himself, and go where he will be given the best opporunity. Why wish ill will on a 18 year old man who's only difference from AU athletes is that he's wearing a different color jersey?

:

I don't see why some of you are wishing this guy well.  I don't wish anybody well that goes to bammer.   I hope he falls flat on his face.

131235[/snapback]

:D:D

PT I remember saying I felt the AHSAA did the right thing by not allowing him to play. I still stand by that. He broke the rules, AHSAA has a zero tolerance policy. And I think that just based on the rules, you gotta go with precident.

Just because he may end up playing for Bama, doesnt mean Im going to change my opinion on that. I dont recall saying anything negative about him personally. I agreed with the assesment others made that "everyone makes mistakes" but I also said everyone has to pay for said mistakes.

So you don't have a problem with offering a scholarship to a kid who has been busted for MJ possession in H.S. and suspended form playing? Yes or no.

Archived