New Notre Dame Coach

Proud Tiger

I like this hire. This guy has done wonders with the patriots. If he can find a good DC, who knows.

He was only making 500,000 with the pats! There are college assistants making more than that. I think he got 3 yrs for 6 million.

HMMMM  What number on their choice list was he?  Doesn't seem like a bad one, just not very sexy maybe?

131278[/snapback]

OH...he's dead sexy. But when you're an overweight child.........etc.... :big:

i think the irish got very very lucky w/ this hire and their hiring of willingham after having botched the o'leary fiasco.

they shouldn't have fired TW in the first place, and when they whiffed on meyer, i think this hire has been a great one.

this is a good hire even w/o all the sideline circus mess they've had going on, IMO.

ct

i didn't realize till i heard it on espn radio that weiss is a notre dame alum. basically, it seems to me that they were overlooking the best candidate out there. no offense to urban meyer, but i think weiss has proved more in his career. he's an ND guy, he's got a great offensive system, he's got nfl experience. much as i hate to say it, this feels like pete carroll. the big money guys hate him for no apparent reason, but he could be one helluva coach.

i didn't realize till i heard it on espn radio that weiss is a notre dame alum. basically, it seems to me that they were overlooking the best candidate out there. no offense to urban meyer, but i think weiss has proved more in his career. he's an ND guy, he's got a great offensive system, he's got nfl experience. much as i hate to say it, this feels like pete carroll. the big money guys hate him for no apparent reason, but he could be one helluva coach.

131409[/snapback]

It is not the NE Pats Offense that puts fear into other NFL teams, it is their defense.

The Pats Offense is conservative and complex and will not work in college. ND will continue to bomb under the latest victom of the "Curse of the Irish".

He was only making 500,000 with the pats! There are college assistants making more than that. I think he got 3 yrs for 6 million.

I believe it was a 6 yr. / $12 million contract. There is no college coach getting paid 6 million a year, although I am sure it is not too far away.

much as i hate to say it, this feels like pete carroll. the big money guys hate him for no apparent reason, but he could be one helluva coach.

Eh...Petey boy wouldn't be jack crap without Norm Chow.

I believe it was a 6 yr. / $12 million contract. There is no college coach getting paid 6 million a year, although I am sure it is not too far away.

131457[/snapback]

I'm not retarded dude :lol: . I heard he got 3 years at $2mil. per for a total of $6 mil.

Archived