Great restaurants in New Orleans???????

tgr4lfe

Going to the Sugar Bowl and wanting to see who knows of some really great restaurant to eat at in New Orleans.(with directions to get there) Never been to NO before, looking forward to it!!! Any help with a good place to eat let me know.

Going to the Sugar Bowl and wanting to see who knows of some really great restaurant to eat at in New Orleans.(with directions to get there)  Never been to NO before, looking forward to it!!!  Any help with a good place to eat let me know.

131432[/snapback]

Check out this thread. :)

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14048

http://www.bigeasy.com/guide/dining/

http://www.bigeasy.com/guide/dining/restau....php?location=3

I have ate at these four and loved it each time. :cheers:

Brennan’s Restaurant (417 Royal Street, 504-525-9711)

Owen Brennan started the Brennan family restaurant fame. Brennan’ was his original restaurant, though it was originally located on Bourbon Street. The menu is classically Creole, from the turtle soup through entrees of redfish and trout buried in crabmeat. The restaurant created Banana’s Foster and is known for the extravagant “Breakfast at Brennan’s.” $35-45. Reservations recommended.

Galatoire’s (209 Bourbon Street, 504-525-2021)

One of the few places around New Orleans natives will wait in line for. Dining with a longstanding Creole tradition. $12-20. Jacket required.

NOLA (534 Saint Louis Street, 504-522-6652)

Emeril Lagasse opened his second restaurant shortly after opening Emeril’s in the early 90s. The name is shorthand for New Orleans, Louisiana. The more urbane, sophisticated environment plays host to more rustic influences and dishes. The restaurant’s signature dish is the cedar plank roasted fish with a citrus horseradish crust. $20-30. Reservations recommended.

Olivier’s (204 Decatur Street, 504-525-7734)

Creole cuisine in the heart of the French Quarter. Traditional and creative specialty dishes. $13-18.

Ralph & Kacoos Seafood Restaurant (519 Toulouse Street, 504-522-5226)

Family owned restaurant serving Cajun style seafood. Signature dishes include crawfish, crab, shrimp and broiled fish.

:cheers:

You can't swing a stick in New Orleans without hitting a GREAT place to eat. Depending on the $$$ you wnat to spend, they range from 5-star (Commanders Palace - reservations and jacket required, but one of the best restaurants int he United States) to 3-4 star (Emerils, K-Pauls) to the Acme Oyster House (fabulous if you like oysters!!). Most of the hotels have really good restaurants too. The Court of Two Sisters is famous for Sunday brunch. For the home of the original po-boy, you have to go to the Central Grocery. And don't forget beignets at Cafe Du Monde on Jackson Square - that is a MANDATORY GOTTA DO.

Thanks for the info. I found that thread after post mine. quien save

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived