Week 11 (Auburn vs. Texas A&M) - Sunday Updates

RunInRed

OC Rhett Lashlee

Ryan Black / WarEagleExtra (via YouTube)

Lashlee here. Says the film showed the offense "played really hard and really physical."

Lashlee: "Sammie made some big plays deep, Duke made some big plays down the field."

Lashlee said Cameron Artis-Payne becoming the go-to back is "similar to last year" with Tre Mason.

@wareagleextra

Lashlee: "We challenged them to play hard and physical for four full quarters. … Guys made plays.

Lashlee: "He hurt ourselves with penalties. … We got out of sync (and) hurt ourselves a little bit."

Lashlee on Marshall: "I know he missed Sammie on that 1 early, should have been a TD, but after that he gave those guys chances" for plays.

Lashlee on RB Roc Thomas, who left the game Saturday: "Roc's fine, he rolled an ankle. He could have gone back in."

Lashlee straightforward on having 12 players on the field on one play in the third quarter: "We didn't have the right guys on the field."

Lashlee on Artis-Payne: "CAP is steady and consistent and reliable as anybody that we have and probably int he country."

Lashlee on Cameron Artis-Payne: "He's very driven to prove himself. … He's the same young man every single day."

Lashlee on the OL: "They're getting better, they've gotten better each week. … They're just getting a little bit more continuity."

Lashlee on CAP: "He doesn't get a lot of attention that he probably deserves."

@AUBlog

Rhett Lashlee: “For some reason, we’re better with long fields than short fields."

@JoelAEricksonAU

DC Ellis Johnson

Ryan Black / WarEagleExtra (via YouTube)

Johnson: "One positive thing is we have more pass pressure."

Johnson on the pass rush success: "It was just individuals stepping up their games a little bit."

Johnson explained Derrick Moncrief starting at FS because DB coach "wanted to get some rotation" after Josh Holsey "didn't play well" vs SC

Johnson on LB Frost play: "Just a great effort play, he was fortunate to even get to (Treadwell). … Stripping the ball was unbelievable."

Johnson on tackling woes vs. Ole Miss: "All the accountabilities went down this week but when we missed a tackle it was a glaring miss."

Johnson on late hit penalties: "They've got to have judgment. … Both of them barely touched the guy but the guy was clearly on the white."

@AUBlog

Ellis Johnson on Jermaine Whitehead possibly returning to the defense: "Not at this time."

Auburn only had 11 missed tackles versus Ole Miss. The problem? "Most were glaring and costly," Johnson said.

@wareagleextra

Johnson says he needs to rotate his linebackers a little bit more, but the offense kept Ole Miss on sideline, so there was no fatigue issue

Ellis Johnson says the Ole Miss coaches’ box had a tv with unbelievable angles

Ellis Johnson says this week there were a lot of busted coverages. On the positive side, “we got some pass rush"

@JoelAEricksonAU

I'd like to see Corey, Roc, and CAP on the field at the same time….this really gives defenses a challenge...

Kris Frost

Frost on missed tackles: It was definitely not 1 of our best games as far as tackling goes. They did a great job of getting out in space.

Frost on Treadwell play: "It was really just a hustle play, … trying to do everything I could to get to him."

Frost on thoughts on Laquon Treadwell: "I know we've all been praying for him and hoping for a speedy recovery."

Kris Frost on the game-sealing fumble: "I didn't know the ball was out until I saw Cass jump on it."

Frost: "I still think like a WR. … I've always had that mean streak to me … I know that my understanding of coverages kind of help me."

@AUBlog

Sammie Coates

Coates on CAP: "That kid, the way he's been running the ball this year, he's been unstoppable."

@AUBlog

DC Ellis Johnson

Johnson on the pass rush success: "It was just individuals stepping up their games a little bit."

Johnson explained Derrick Moncrief starting at FS because DB coach "wanted to get some rotation" after Josh Holsey "didn't play well" vs SC

Johnson on LB Frost play: "Just a great effort play, he was fortunate to even get to (Treadwell). … Stripping the ball was unbelievable."

Johnson on tackling woes vs. Ole Miss: "All the accountabilities went down this week but when we missed a tackle it was a glaring miss."

Johnson on late hit penalties: "They've got to have judgment. … Both of them barely touched the guy but the guy was clearly on the white."

@AUBlog

Typical

Sounds like Ellis is one that needs to work on his accountability. Talk about throwing under the bus the players he's supposed to be coaching up...

DC Ellis Johnson

@AUBlog

Typical

What is?

Coach Lashlee was spot on about the O-line. It seems like they're hitting their stride at the right time. They blocked an extremely good defense very well last night. If they can block that defense that well, there won't be a game the offense can't keep us in the rest of the year despite the defensive deficiencies. Much like last season, the offense is starting to roll and the defense is making plays at critical times of the game. This team is very road tested and should be ready to make a run.

Sounds like Ellis is one that needs to work on his accountability. Talk about throwing under the bus the players he's supposed to be coaching up...

Be careful^^ can't state the obvious on this board. We both know the sky is blue, but some on this board will argue that it's not

I may just be really tired, but I really can't see what you are seeing. A little help? Feel free to PM if you want.

I may just be really tired, but I really can't see what you are seeing. A little help? Feel free to PM if you want.

Not to discredit ya but coach spurrier has the same spirited talk but even worse. Some say it's negative others say it's motivation. Hard to tell with Johnson but he's probably just calling it like it is

You do know "accountabilities" is a stat they track, right? They track the number of times guys rally to the ball to aid a solo tackler. He's saying we didn't do that which meant missed tackles became huge plays. It's not throwing anyone under the bus. But again, why dig for the actual meaning when you can twist a statement to suit your bias?

Be careful^^ can't state the obvious on this board. We both know the sky is blue, but some on this board will argue that it's not

As you've demonstrated, one can even state the absurdly ridiculous.

"Ellis Johnson says the Ole Miss coaches’ box had a tv with unbelievable angles"

What does this mean? Or what was the context of this statement? Is he saying that the OM coaches had a good view of the Treadwell fumble or is he insinuating that they had some sort of advantage because of this?

As bad as the D looked Saturday, I really think the short fields we continued to give them because of 135 yards worth of penalties are what killed us. I'm glad the D came through in a clutch, but I wish they could start doing that to put the game out of reach a little earlier. I don't need anymore gray hair at my age.

Yes, any one know? That caught my attention as well. :dunno:

My take on it, the Ole Miss coaching booth had a TV with additional angles and views that others don't get from the Syndicated feed. Is this a violation?

So posters here can throw the coaches and players under the bus with impunity...but a coach is not supposed to point out the obvious performance issues that all of us witnessed Saturday night?

All EJ was doing was verbalizing what we saw.....and acknowledging the same deficiencies that we saw.

You do know "accountabilities" is a stat they track, right? They track the number of times guys rally to the ball to aid a solo tackler. He's saying we didn't do that which meant missed tackles became huge plays. It's not throwing anyone under the bus. But again, why dig for the actual meaning when you can twist a statement to suit your bias?

Ding Ding Ding

The vocal minority continue to show their depth of knowledge.

Gurley takes 3,000 dollars and georgia fights to get him on the field. Jameis has done everything short of murder at FSU and they begrudgingly held him out for a game. I hate these choices by these teams but what in the world did Whitehead do to deserve this?

IMO he's already been punished enough. Time to forgive and forget.

Archived