2015 3* QB Tyler Queen commits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to see part of the game on the steaming site and the O-line for North Cobb wasn't doing a very good job. TQ had no time to throw or no gaps to run through. He stayed poised even though they were getting beaten badly.

I was able to see part of the game on the steaming site and the O-line for North Cobb wasn't doing a very good job. TQ had no time to throw or no gaps to run through. He stayed poised even though they were getting beaten badly.

I watched it on TV and the announcers were giving him props for his leadership and trying to keep the team motivated. His O-line was undersized for CCs D-line (at least 3 guys weighing over 300lbs, with skills). The NC defense wasn't much help either

• 1 month later...

He's big time and he's gonna get other offers. Frankly, it would be weird if he didn't. Like others have said, it's a long time till he signs anyway. No telling how things will shake out by then.

• 2 weeks later...

Named top QB at Rising Senior: http://247sports.com/Article/Rising-Seniors-Top-Performers-Offense-170559/

"there were a couple that look like surefire FBS signal-callers, led by Auburn commitment Tyler Queen (Acworth, Ga./North Cobb). Queen is mobile enough to keep defenders honest, has the size and arm strength needed to fire the ball downfield, and showed consistent footwork, likely a testament to his head coach also being his father."

Named top QB at Rising Senior: http://247sports.com...Offense-170559/

"there were a couple that look like surefire FBS signal-callers, led by Auburn commitment Tyler Queen (Acworth, Ga./North Cobb). Queen is mobile enough to keep defenders honest, has the size and arm strength needed to fire the ball downfield, and showed consistent footwork, likely a testament to his head coach also being his father."

Was #6 of the tp 10 at the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Named top QB at Rising Senior: http://247sports.com...Offense-170559/

Just now watching his highlights. I'm VERY surprised at how mobile he is. He should be a good one as well!

His mobility looked better than I expected as well. I was expecting to see a big strong gunslinger, but he can move well too! (inside the pocket and downfield)

My only concern is how are we gonna get him and SW 2 years a piece under center if they are as good as advertised?

We won't, one will come up short. We'll be in great shape if the normal 50% success rate of top-rated high school QB's comes true.

My only concern is how are we gonna get him and SW 2 years a piece under center if they are as good as advertised?

We won't, one will come up short. We'll be in great shape if the normal 50% success rate of top-rated high school QB's comes true.

50% would be good...nice little piece on al.com about the 9 QBs signed by bama in the past 6 years....one has played so far....and they are in the process of signing up #10. Finding an SEC caliber QB is not an easy job.

• 1 month later...

Great interview. Thanks for posting. I think Queen will be our starter after White. He is big, athletic, and has a great arm.

I would have absolutely no problem if Queen was the only QB we took in this class. He seems to really love AU and seems to be one heck of a talent at the QB position.

Injuries can play a factor in the depth game as well. TQ has all the tools, just needs to refine some. He will be a good one.

Archived