Nick Marshall will be missed

caleb1633

Guy was a baller and one of the best players we've ever had at the QB position. I also think he silenced the critics about his passing. 456 yards against a Nick Saban defense!

He played fantastic. He had one bad play (the pick) but played extremely well and kept us in the game. I hope it will not take bad QB play for us to appreciate him

For all the success we've enjoyed the past 2 seasons, it can be traced back to him…don't what the offense will look like with Jeremy playing QB…I know Nick was able to make and keep plays alive with his speed/quickness…going to miss him and the other seniors….

He played fantastic. He had one bad play (the pick) but played extremely well and kept us in the game. I hope it will not take bad QB play for us to appreciate him

There were people calling for JJ to start during this season. They had no idea...

Nice thread. Nice way to go out.

Love Nick.

Next year let's hope JJ turns out to be as good as we all imagined he would be if he started over Nick. It's the backup thing I suppose.

Gus will have JJ ready.

Need some strong freshman wr to,come on board.

I've not always been the biggest fan of Marshall's, but he played his heart out tonight! He deserved to win that game along with the other seniors. War Eagle, Nick Marshall!

I've been critical of Nick at times as well. So proud of him tonight. He left it all on the field. So proud to have had him as Auburn's QB these past two seasons. Not only for his play but handling himself with class. Thank you Nick Marshall!

Nick Marshall is a true warrior. We have been fortunate to be able to watch him play for AU these last 2 years. Great job, War Eagle Nick.

Yep....don't think we've every had a QB as good at keeping a play alive and making something out of nothing. An exciting guy to watch.

Proud of you Nick! You have nerves of steel and ice water running through your veins! I hope you know how much we appreciate you and in return, I hope you appreciate the chance that Gus and company gave you. Always think of yourself as part of the Auburn Family! War Eagle!

Absolutely. Nick Marshall has been a credit to the team and to Auburn University.

A great arguement on behalf of giving someone a second chance and the benefit of the doubt.

Nick Marshall's effort was one for the Auburn record books:

Most Passing Yards Gained - Game

Old - 416, Ben Leard vs. Georgia (11/13/1999)

New - 456, Nick Marshall vs. Alabama (11/29/2014)

Most Net Total Offense Yards Gained - Game

Old - 445, Dameyune Craig vs. Army (12/31/1996) [75 rush/370 pass]

New - 505, Nick Marshall vs. Alabama (11/29/2014) [49 rush/456 pass]

What Nick lacked in passing talent he made up for in his "never say die" confidence. That is a rare trait for college QBs. Nick has it, Cam had it, and a few other AU QBs.

On the topic of Nick Marshall, this board seems to be bi-polar. He's always been a stud since he stepped on the practice field at Auburn and won the QB job in 2 weeks. In spite of that and, Gus's constant praise, we have a ton of posts in this forum weekly wondering why Gus hasn't played JJ more. Nick Marshall is a damn good SEC QB.

Archived