coaching changes

corchjay

I thought that CRG coached the OL at UGA as well as the DL there. His recruiting skills are as about as good as it gets. I would be fine with moving CRG to the OL. Grimes has been a decent OL coach, but CRG brings so much more to the table than Coach Grimes.

Let the new DC bring in his staff as much as possible. This would great if we get Muschamp. I am sure that this would be one of his requirements.

Grimes has done well.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that CRG coached the OL at UGA as well as the DL there. His recruiting skills are as about as good as it gets. I would be fine with moving CRG to the OL. Grimes has been a decent OL coach, but CRG brings so much more to the table than Coach Grimes.

Let the new DC bring in his staff as much as possible. This would great if we get Muschamp. I am sure that this would be one of his requirements.

He coached offensive tackles for one year and tight ends for one year at UT. He was just d line at UGA. He did coach tight ends in his previous stint at AU. Grimes has been at the game a lot longer than garner on the OL side. Gus isn't going to change anyone on his offensive staff.

So here is an interesting tweet from Tim Horton's wife..

E4D2sbZh_normal.jpegCaroline Horton @carolinehorton7 · 14h14 hours ago

it's just a football game to most, but for us it's our life... going to miss game days with my very best friends.
1f499.png

Any ideas?

the seasons over?

Her message is a reminder that while we are excited for the possibility of a Muschamp hire, there is some sadness for the Johnson family. CEJ is a class act and has a beautiful young family. Their life has been turned upside down and I'm sure it's difficult. The AU community is good. We wish him and his family well.

it's just a football game to most, but for us it's our life... going to miss game days with my very best friends.
1f499.png

Any ideas?

the seasons over?

Her message is a reminder that while we are excited for the possibility of a Muschamp hire, there is some sadness for the Johnson family. CEJ is a class act and has a beautiful young family. Their life has been turned upside down and I'm sure it's difficult. The AU community is good. We wish him and his family well.

Think the comment could be that she will miss the regular season of football as a football family with other wives.. The height of the year is the playing of the regular season.

It's part of the life of college coaching that sooner or later most of them will get fired from a place they enjoy coaching at. IMO, It's a tribute to the Auburn community that most coaches who leave the AU coaching staff against their will, still keep their attachment to the area....and AU people don't treat them like pariahs.

As noted, EJ is a good guy, never did or said anything that embarrassed the school and I wish him well.

There is only 1 position on the entire staff that is safe. If Gus has an opportunity to upgrade any coaching position he will take it.

^^ as he should....best chance he is likely to have in a while.

Coach Sullivan just retired today at Samford. What are the chances that they look at Lashlee or maybe D.Craig to take over?

Coach Sullivan just retired today at Samford. What are the chances that they look at Lashlee or maybe D.Craig to take over?

I wouldn't be surprised for RL to be on the list. How far up the list I couldn't say.

Lashlee is probably their top candidate.

We really do need a top DB coach/recruiter.

Joe Whitt JR....

Where is he at right now?

still at Green Bay developing a great young secondary, not highly recruited players but teaching them how to be great

We really do need a top DB coach/recruiter.

Joe Whitt JR....

Where is he at right now?

still at Green Bay developing a great young secondary, not highly recruited players but teaching them how to be great

Doubt if we can pry him out of there.

1f499.png

Any ideas?

Same day:

Caroline Horton@carolinehorton7

win or lose glad I have these girls on my side. can't wait for another year of game days.

1f499.png1f42f.png1f3c8.png

Archived