2015 WR Jamari Staples (UAB transfer & Louisville signee)

TexasTiger

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess Staples would want to start at his new college this semester so he would go through spring training. So he would have to decide and enroll soon. correct?

If he wants to go through winter workouts and spring practice he'll have to be in school for the start of the next term. I think Auburn starts sometime around Jan. 12, but don't hold me to that date.

Headed to Louisville...hopefully that means our staff feels good about some uncommitted recruits, as well as the current roster.

We need one more WR but I think D'Anfernee McGriff at 6'1" 220 pounds will be a beast hard to bring down in open field. The kind of receiver who can turn a short pass into a long TD. I thought Coates could do that but we seemed to basically run him on long routes no slants where he caught in stride and could break 1st tackle and go all the way. Also we have a couple from last years class who might be ready by this fall. If we can't get a really good WR better to wait one more year. That said I think we will get one more WR as I think WR's like what they see in the Gus O.

We need one more WR but I think D'Anfernee McGriff at 6'1" 220 pounds will be a beast hard to bring down in open field. The kind of receiver who can turn a short pass into a long TD. I thought Coates could do that but we seemed to basically run him on long routes no slants where he caught in stride and could break 1st tackle and go all the way. Also we have a couple from last years class who might be ready by this fall. If we can't get a really good WR better to wait one more year. That said I think we will get one more WR as I think WR's like what they see in the Gus O.

Burt is reported to be a lock. I think we also get Callaway or Davis, unless we actually manage to stock up on DL guys and run out of spots.

I agree about McGriff, btw. He looks to me like a big play waiting to happen.

Burt is reported to be a lock. I think we also get Callaway or Davis, unless we actually manage to stock up on DL guys and run out of spots.

You shouldn't have said Burt is reported to be a lock and that we get Callaway or Davis because in the this New Year everybody is getting jumped on for making any prediction. I am just joking of course. I always respect your input. :Sing:

You shouldn't have said Burt is reported to be a lock and that we get Callaway or Davis because in the this New Year everybody is getting jumped on for making any prediction. I am just joking of course. I always respect your input. :Sing:

Haha, I hear ya loud and clear :thumbsup:

We should have offered Staples. He's big WR that's hard to bring down.

The coaching staff knows what they are doing, way more than any of us ever will. Trust the coaches.

Archived