Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

I think Ivey goes to UF purely because of his love for the school. Fingers crossed, but I think we land Cowart, C. Davis, Holland, Slayton, Key/Prince, and our surprise will be Gibson.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get Ivey we go from another "really good" class to Boomtown. Having said that, highly unlikely. Thanks to this staff we are now finally reestablished in the best position Auburn can hope for. Consistent "really good" classes. We have made serious hay through the years with exactly those type classes. I'll take consistency over the highs and lows anytime.

Consistent "really good" classes. We have made serious hay through the years with exactly those type classes. I'll take consistency over the highs and lows anytime.

If we have really good coaching at all positions.

wde

In addition I should have gone further and said thanks to CGM and ....gulp... His boss... we now have a staff in place that can develop those "consistent classes" and reestablish the Auburn Haymaker Machine we once enjoyed.

In addition I should have gone further and said thanks to CGM and ....gulp... His boss... we now have a staff in place that can develop those "consistent classes" and reestablish the Auburn Haymaker Machine we once enjoyed.

I think we have a staff in place that can consistently get us high level classes. We don't have to endure the ups and downs. We may not be number 1 but we will consistently place in the top 10 and quite frequently in the top 5 IMHO.

I think we have a staff in place that can consistently get us high level classes. We don't have to endure the ups and downs. We may not be number 1 but we will consistently place in the top 10 and quite frequently in the top 5 IMHO.

And that my friends is good enough. If we are consistently between 1 and 7, that is contention material.

Bring in a game changer once in a while with top 10 classes, will have us in contention every year for SEC Champs and National Championship.

Once you have the talent across the board, coaching, team unity, player health, and heartfelt desire will be the difference between ultimate success and mediocrity.

Agreed with the caveat that the west being what it is, our proximity, the REC, the resurgence of the Tallahassee yahoos, oink oink's return and others it will be extreamly hard to pull top 10s consistently. From here on out the art will be finding the hidden gems and underdeveloped guys and mixing those with a few blue choppers and being consistently in the top 15.

Agreed with the caveat that the west being what it is, our proximity, the REC, the resurgence of the Tallahassee yahoos, oink oink's return and others it will be extreamly hard to pull top 10s consistently. From here on out the art will be finding the hidden gems and underdeveloped guys and mixing those with a few blue choppers and being consistently in the top 15.

Disagree. We should expect top 10 every season. Yes, it is extremely hard, but that is why we have a bunch of coaches who are paid extremely high salaries.

Disagree. We should expect top 10 every season. Yes, it is extremely hard, but that is why we have a bunch of coaches who are paid extremely high salaries.

absotively

If you look at what those in the recruiting prediction business are saying today we are supposed to miss on all of the big dogs we are after, i.e., Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Key, Holland. So who do we get and prove them wrong?

If you look at what those in the recruiting prediction business are saying today we are supposed to miss on all of the big dogs we are after, i.e., Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Key, Holland. So who do we get and prove them wrong?

Completely disagree with this statement. Many in the recruiting business predict some of these guys to Auburn. Look at Hokanson's CB predictions.

most people seem to actually think we get Cowart and Holland. Jefferson and Ivy are not likely. Key is still possible. We'll know a lot more after this weekend.

Offense:

OL Ivey

WR Slayton

Defense:

DE Cowart

LB Holland

CB Carlton

DE Key DT Norton

DE Prince Tega W

:popcorn:

I like it. I don't think we get Ivey, but I think we get the rest and I think we call it a very good class. Certainly good enough to compete with the other teams on our schedule.

FWIW, Hoke says what we're doing here is "a waste of time" -- LOL.

Busy day on the phones, Auburn's set for a wild few days. There's many different scenarios for how the Tigers will finish.

Either way, Wednesday is shaping up to be a good day. It could be a great, or even unbelievable day, but there's just too much happening right now to say exactly.

If you are trying to make final predictions on Auburn's finish on this Friday, you're wasting your time. Lots of moving parts right now. Percentages on where Auburn stands is about the most we can give you, but even those change by the hour this time of year.

Yep. Sounds about right. Our target list has been quite the hydra this week. I hardly expect that to change now.

The names on your list above have been the only constants, though, except Norton and Slayton. But we've gotten some pretty serious vibes on them this week, too, so what the heck.

Yep. Sounds about right. Our target list has been quite the hydra this week. I hardly expect that to change now.

The names on your list above have been the only constants, though, except Norton and Slayton. But we've gotten some pretty serious vibes on them this week, too, so what the heck.

I'm using hydratic equations to fuel my crystal ball.

:rimshot:

Slayton's cancellation of his visit to Athens says about as much to me as Key's cancellation of his visit to us.

Key did us a favor if he wasn't planning to commit to us.

I'm feeling less confident about Norton and am actually hoping we might sway G.G.

Hahaha thought I had it pretty well figured out 2 days ago...and at this point the only one I feel is 99% AU is Carlton on NSD. I would like to think that Cowart and Holland are going to choose AU as well but after the last few days, who knows.

Time to sit back and watch.

Archived