Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

If you look at what those in the recruiting prediction business are saying today we are supposed to miss on all of the big dogs we are after, i.e., Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Key, Holland. So who do we get and prove them wrong?

Who's saying we miss on Cowart and Holland? I've seen one or two, but most seems to be picking us.

WDE!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The close I would be most happy with is Cowart, Holland, C. Davis, Slayton, Tega/Key(probably Tega).

And then either Ivey, Godwin, or Gibson for one spot.

And then my last spot, I really want to see a DT or Jefferson(not getting my hopes up on CC). I'd be ecstatic if we got Beckner, but I'd be happy with either GG or Norton.

Yep. Sounds about right. Our target list has been quite the hydra this week. I hardly expect that to change now.

The names on your list above have been the only constants, though, except Norton and Slayton. But we've gotten some pretty serious vibes on them this week, too, so what the heck.

I'm using hydratic equations to fuel my crystal ball.

:rimshot:

Slayton's cancellation of his visit to Athens says about as much to me as Key's cancellation of his visit to us.

Key did us a favor if he wasn't planning to commit to us.

I'm feeling less confident about Norton and am actually hoping we might sway G.G.

Dang. I still agree with you. However, I am using multiple regression formulas.

Yep. Sounds about right. Our target list has been quite the hydra this week. I hardly expect that to change now.

The names on your list above have been the only constants, though, except Norton and Slayton. But we've gotten some pretty serious vibes on them this week, too, so what the heck.

I'm using hydratic equations to fuel my crystal ball.

:rimshot:

Slayton's cancellation of his visit to Athens says about as much to me as Key's cancellation of his visit to us.

Key did us a favor if he wasn't planning to commit to us.

I'm feeling less confident about Norton and am actually hoping we might sway G.G.

Dang. I still agree with you. However, I am using multiple regression formulas.

:laugh: Your regression has been noted.

The close I would be most happy with is Cowart, Holland, C. Davis, Slayton, Tega/Key(probably Tega).

And then my last spot, I really want to see a DT or Jefferson(not getting my hopes up on CC). I'd be ecstatic if we got Beckner, but I'd be happy with either GG or Norton.

My choices are very similar to yours. I would be overjoyed if we get Cowart, Holland, Davis, Tega, Ivey, Gibson, and Slayton. If for some reason we get a surprise that either Jefferson or Beckner are coming to Auburn, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. Realistically though, like ellitor said in another thread, getting Cowart and Tega is a huge win for the DE class. To add Holland and Davis to that would be the icing on the cake and anything else would be the candles.

edit: I still wish we got Tony Bridges... :'(

My choices are very similar to yours. I would be overjoyed if we get Cowart, Holland, Davis, Tega, Ivey, Gibson, and Slayton. If for some reason we get a surprise that either Jefferson or Beckner are coming to Auburn, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. Realistically though, like ellitor said in another thread, getting Cowart and Tega is a huge win for the DE class. To add Holland and Davis to that would be the icing on the cake and anything else would be the candles.

edit: I still wish we got Tony Bridges... :'(/>

I'd be happy with that too for sure! I just really want another solid DT. I just don't think we have enough depth at the DT position. But either way, I'll be happy with whoever the coaches bring in. I just want to have players who want to be at AU.

Come to think of it though, next year's class could be a huge year for us at the DT position.

I'd be happy with that too for sure! I just really want another solid DT. I just don't think we have enough depth at the DT position. But either way, I'll be happy with whoever the coaches bring in. I just want to have players who want to be at AU.

Come to think of it though, next year's class could be a huge year for us at the DT position.

Good thing that the 2016 class is loaded

I think we'll be good at DT. If a couple of guys like Daniel will step up and contribute we'll be ok with the additional ones we sign.

Offense:

OL Ivey

WR Slayton

Defense:

DE Cowart

LB Holland

CB Carlton

DE Key DT Norton

DE Prince Tega W

:popcorn:

I like it. I don't think we get Ivey, but I think we get the rest and I think we call it a very good class. Certainly good enough to compete with the other teams on our schedule.

I'll take that britt. Replace Slayton with Godwin for me and I'm starting to buy into Reed. Maybe E has been influencing me.

Offense:

OL Ivey

WR Slayton

Defense:

DE Cowart

LB Holland

CB Carlton

DE Key DT Norton

DE Prince Tega W

I like it. I don't think we get Ivey, but I think we get the rest and I think we call it a very good class. Certainly good enough to compete with the other teams on our schedule.

I'll take that britt. Replace Slayton with Godwin for me and I'm starting to buy into Reed. Maybe E has been influencing me.

I love Godwin and would relish raiding UGA's receiver class to get both Godwin and Slayton.

Offense:

OL Ivey

WR Slayton

Defense:

DE Cowart

LB Holland

CB Carlton

DE Key DT Norton

DE Prince Tega W

I love Godwin and would relish raiding UGA's receiver class to get both Godwin and Slayton.

That would make it that much sweeter. I guess we will find out starting Monday when all the chips start falling in place. Man, am I glad I'm off that day.

Time for me to dash some cold water: There are 21 commits on the lists, but they don't list Golson, who will also sign and fill a slot. If nobody decommits we'll have six openings left, so IMHO you guys need to trim one off of your lists.

My thoughts:

Carlton Davis, B. Cowart, P. Tega, D. Slayton. I'll be very surprised if we don't sign these four.

J. Holland, I'm puzzled by him but he may sign with Auburn.

Ivey, I'm hoping for.

Hard to say who, if anybody, gets that last spot if not Ivey. Possibly one of the DT's, Norton or G.G. Robinson. We're swinging for the fences. When you do that you hit some home runs and you suffer some strike outs. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we only sign 26 or 27 and save a slot or two for a "countback" early enrolee or two next year, though I don't think that's the staff's first choice.

Time for me to dash some cold water: There are 21 commits on the lists, but they don't list Golson, who will also sign and fill a slot. If nobody decommits we'll have six openings left, so IMHO you guys need to trim one off of your lists.

My thoughts:

Carlton Davis, B. Cowart, P. Tega, D. Slayton. I'll be very surprised if we don't sign these four.

Ivey, I'm hoping for.

Hard to say who, if anybody, gets that last spot if not Ivey. Possibly one of the DT's, Norton or G.G. Robinson. We're swinging for the fences. When you do that you hit some home runs and you suffer some strike outs. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that we only sign 26 or 27 and save a slot or two for a "countback" early enrolee or two next year, though I don't think that's the staff's first choice.

Golson is a transfer from Ole Miss who sat out last year. I don't think we count him at all, so he isn't taking a slot as I understand it.

Golson is a transfer from Ole Miss who sat out last year. I don't think we count him at all, so he isn't taking a slot as I understand it.

transfers who go on scholly before attending 2 years at a new school must count part of a 25 initial scholly limit the semester they go on scholly. Golson is going on scholly this Summer and must count in this class.

My thoughts:

Ivey, I'm hoping for.

Mikey, I only count 20 here. If we add Golson, that's 21. That would mean 7 more. Is someone missing from our list?

My thoughts:

Ivey, I'm hoping for.

Mikey, I only count 20 here. If we add Golson, that's 21. That would mean 7 more. Is someone missing from our list?

Maurice Swain

My thoughts:

Ivey, I'm hoping for.

Maurice Swain

Right you are, Tivo.

Dadgummit, Mikey!

I'm not taking Ivey off my list until he signs with UF. I'll remove Norton.

Offense:

OL Ivey

WR Slayton

Defense:

DE Cowart

LB Holland

CB Carlton

DE Prince Tega W

It'll get really interesting if Godwin wants to flip.

I'm hoping we sign all those currently committed, meaning that we think they'll qualify. If we don't think they'll qualify, that's where room will come from. I find it difficult to think we'll have any slots left over -- that would mean several strikeouts.

Dadgummit, Mikey!

My 1/31/15 predictions:

CB Jeremiah Dinson - 100% - COMMITTED

CB Carlton Davis - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Cowart - 90%

WR Darius Slayton - 60%

QB Torrance Gibson - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Terry Godwin - 40%

WR Ryan Davis - 30%

My 1/31/15 predictions:

CB Carlton Davis - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Cowart - 90%

WR Darius Slayton - 60%

QB Torrance Gibson - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Terry Godwin - 40%

WR Ryan Davis - 30%

OK as I understand it we have room for six plus Dinson. I would be thrilled with the top four (90% plus) then any of the other two. Although my favorites would be Ivey and Godwin.

Finishing with Cowart, Holland, Godwin, Ivey, C. Davis, and Tega would dominate ESPN and Finescum while shutting the Updykes up.

WDE

My 1/31/15 predictions:

CB Carlton Davis - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Cowart - 90%

WR Darius Slayton - 60%

QB Torrance Gibson - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Terry Godwin - 40%

WR Ryan Davis - 30%

OK as I understand it we have room for six plus Dinson. I would be thrilled with the top four (90% plus) then any of the other two. Although my favorites would be Ivey and Godwin.

Finishing with Cowart, Holland, Godwin, Ivey, C. Davis, and Tega would dominate ESPN and Finescum while shutting the Updykes up.

WDE

Rivals editors claim we have room for 7 more. Mikey claims just 6 (Golson counting as the 7th).

If it's 7, IMO, we'll finish with:

CB Carlton Davis

DE Tega

LB Holland

DE Cowart

WR Slayton (or Godwin or Ryan Davis)

QB Torrance Gibson

OT Ivey (or a contingency surprise)

If it's just 6, IMO, we'll finish with:

CB Carlton Davis

DE Tega

LB Holland

DE Cowart

WR Slayton (or Godwin or Ryan Davis)

OT Ivey (or Torrance Gibson)

Rivals editors claim we have room for 7 more. Mikey claims just 6 (Golson counting as the 7th).

In two of the previous three years, the pay sites and my pencil scratching on a legal pad have differed. So far my pencil scratching is 2-0 against them. This could be the year they win one but if I had to bet the farm I'd put my money on the legal pad.

It would be real easy for someone that has a lot of other aspects of recruiting to keep up with to forget that Trey Matthews counted against last year, thus reducing our number of early enrolee "countback" slots by one. Or they could be forgetting that Golson will count this year. Or I could be wrong and them right.

Archived