Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take 50% of your 50%ers and be very happy!!

Exactly what I believe will happen. We'll get Slayton or Godwin. And Gibson or Ivey.

Fingers crossed. That would be excellent.

We may miss out on some big targets, but I do believe we finish with some suprising names. We could flip some guys in the next 48hrs. Lets just expect the worst, but hope for the best. We honestly already have a really good class.

Here is my picks to close,no insider info just my guess.CB Carlton Davis LB Holland DE Cowart WR Darius Slayton OT Ivey and if we have spot we take Tega after NSD.

I think we will definitely get Torrance Gibson and Darius Slayton. Apparently, they are good friends and both trending AU. I still don't think we can pull Godwin but it was a valiant try by the Gus Bus. I think part of him might want to but you gotta have some guts to take the backlash that will come from flipping this late in the game after being committed so long.

I think we will definitely get Torrance Gibson and Darius Slayton. Apparently, they are good friends and both trending AU. I still don't think we can pull Godwin but it was a valiant try by the Gus Bus. I think part of him might want to but you gotta have some guts to take the backlash that will come from flipping this late in the game after being committed so long.

Why would Slayton be different in the backlash department?

Why would Slayton be different in the backlash department?

Mainly because Godwin has been committed to Georgia for over a year and Slayton just committed back in December. Plus, Godwin is the more highly ranked and publicized player by the recruiting sites...I would consider Godwin (along with Trent Thompson) to be the "faces" of the UGA class. Just my opinion though.

I'm under the impression that we will hold a spot for Tega (piecing together info on 247) since he isn't announcing on NSD. With us only having six spots left (as of now), what happens if we get the following on signing day: Cowart, Holland, Godwin, Gibson, Slayton, C. Davis. Granted it would be nice to be in a situation where you have might have to tell a 4* sorry. This scenario doesn't even bring in the slim potential of Ivey dawning an AU hat. Thoughts?

I'm under the impression that we will hold a spot for Tega (piecing together info on 247) since he isn't announcing on NSD. With us only having six spots left (as of now), what happens if we get the following on signing day: Cowart, Holland, Godwin, Gibson, Slayton, C. Davis. Granted it would be nice to be in a situation where you have might have to tell a 4* sorry. This scenario doesn't even bring in the slim potential of Ivey dawning an AU hat. Thoughts?

I don't see us telling any of those guys no. Just fwiw.

Totally agree but once those LOI's start rolling in and we have our 28 I just don't see where we would save a spot. Just my two cents and I'm not a recruiting guru and to top that off, I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Totally agree but once those LOI's start rolling in and we have our 28 I just don't see where we would save a spot. Just my two cents and I'm not a recruiting guru and to top that off, I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Here's what I'll say, by Wednesday the staff will have a pretty good idea about who will say Auburn's name throughout the day. Let it be known that if all of those guys say they want to come to Auburn, then we'll make room regardless. Most of them will tell the staff before they announce (like Tuesday).

Here's what I'll say, by Wednesday the staff will have a pretty good idea about who will say Auburn's name throughout the day. Let it be known that if all of those guys say they want to come to Auburn, then we'll make room regardless. Most of them will tell the staff before they announce (like Tuesday).

How true it is. Just be glad once Wed is over with and we can start the same thing with the '16 class.

If we can sign any combination of the six you named plus Ivey, Tega will fall into the "snooze you lose" category. Not likely, but if your scenario comes to pass, Tega will either have to walk on or go elsewhere.

With McGriff decommitting will that open up another slot for a back up WR or would we go after Torrance Gibson? Also per multiple sources sounds good for Slayton and the odds aren't bad for Godwin either, just really wondering who the final 7 possibly 8 slots will be

I really hate this happening. I was looking forward to McGriff being a Tiger. ESPECIALLY since he hasn't waived since he committed.

But this does look positive for Jeffrey Holland. If they didnt think Holland would make it in, we would back away from him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into us dropping McGriff. I certainly have been wrong before

Archived