Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

True. Plus redwine may not be a take either at this point either.

Recruiting is nuts. And fun to follow as long as you take it for what it is...

Redwine is certainly a take. Nobody decommits one week before signing day unless they have a firm, commitable offer elsewhere. C. Davis is in that category too. The sites don't allow for Golson, who will sign and count against this class. After these two cornerbacks and Golson are added we have four slots left.

It seems that the anticipated signing day drama is getting less dramatic by the hour.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivals would disagree with you. They are saying redwine is not a take right now even with the decommit.

In the end I don't think anyone knows really.

Isn't Gus visiting him in-home tonight? With time as short as it is this week I don't think Gus is visiting anybody he's not serious about wanting.

Are the CBs and now GG Robinson who we're going after now more of a project? and a case of we need bodies? I'm not a star gazer by any means but just wondering if we're potentially willing to take more "projects" than maybe we'd like to take b/c of needs. Usually if we are getting 3* guys it's been early in the process recruiting and had a good amount of time tell if they are a bit underrated. Seems like by it being the 11th hour so to speak we're scrambling a little? Sorry if I'm off base....just curious in regards to some feedback.

Are the CBs and now GG Robinson who we're going after now more of a project? and a case of we need bodies? I'm not a star gazer by any means but just wondering if we're potentially willing to take more "projects" than maybe we'd like to take b/c of needs. Usually if we are getting 3* guys it's been early in the process recruiting and had a good amount of time tell if they are a bit underrated. Seems like by it being the 11th hour so to speak we're scrambling a little? Sorry if I'm off base....just curious in regards to some feedback.

"The CBs"? Dinson is not highly rated by the recruiting services, but word is the coaches like him quite a bit based on their own evaluation. Carlton Davis is a stud. Robinson *might* be a project.

The flurry of activity the last few days did have a "scrambling" feel to it. But as the dust settles, look at what has actually happened- we've added Dinson and Davis, Redwine and Robinson have decommitted. That's all. Meanwhile, we're still heavily in play for Cowart, Holland, Tega, Valentine-Okeke and Patrick, and maybe even Ivey, Ryan Davis and/or Arden Key.

There is good reason for a bit of a sinking feeling, but if you go strictly on what has actually happened vs. what kinda sorta seems to have maybe happened, it might not be so bad.

"The CBs"? Dinson is not highly rated by the recruiting services, but word is the coaches like him quite a bit based on their own evaluation. Carlton Davis is a stud. Robinson *might* be a project.

The flurry of activity the last few days did have a "scrambling" feel to it. But as the dust settles, look at what has actually happened- we've added Dinson and Davis, Redwine and Robinson have decommitted. That's all. Meanwhile, we're still heavily in play for Cowart, Holland, Tega, Valentine-Okeke and Patrick, and maybe even Ivey, Ryan Davis and/or Arden Key.

There is good reason for a bit of a sinking feeling, but if you go strictly on what has actually happened vs. what kinda sorta seems to have maybe happened, it might not be so bad.

Yea. I really like Carlton. Certainly if we get half of the studs on our list I'll be very happy. Just was curious in regards to the recruits that have kind of came out of nowhere. Thanks for the feedback.

I have a question for those with a better handle on the situation than me.

We haven't signed over 25 since 2010 (32). The last four classes have been 24-24-21-25. With that in mind, are we absolutely positive we will sign a full compliment of prospects (28, or whatever it is)?

I'm curious what people think.

WDE!

Edit: Just to head this off.....In no way am I suggesting we will or should hold spots for early enrollees next year. I'm just making conversation.

We haven't signed over 25 since 2010 (32). The last four classes have been 24-24-21-25. With that in mind, are we absolutely positive we will sign a full compliment of prospects (28, or whatever it is)?

Just curious what people think.

WDE!

28 is what people connected to the program are predicting. I think we'll sign 28 as well.

Yea. I really like Carlton. Certainly if we get half of the studs on our list I'll be very happy. Just was curious in regards to the recruits that have kind of came out of nowhere. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm starting to wonder if our recently reconfigured staff might still be working out some communication issues. It's sounding now like Redwine was a total miscommunication and Robinson evidently still isn't actually an Auburn Tiger. It's not a good look, but maybe ultimately just a couple of bad hiccups in quick succession.

Yes 28 has been the circulating number.

We are at 22 now correct?

1- Holland

2- Cowert

3- Carlton Davis

4- Davante Davis

5- Ivey??

6- Key or Prince.

Which does not give us that coveted WR.... Who I think we are still in with Slayton.

This is the way I read these latest offers. I don't read anything negative into any of this.

Redwine's decommit/recommit/never decommitted- says we either just got a silent commit or things look very good for Carlton Davis, Davante Davis or both. Depending on whether the coaches want 2 or 3 CBs, it will be Dinson and/or C. Davis and/or D. Davis.

Robinson's offer- I think he is looked at more long term as a DT. Beckner is the priority and Norton has been the back up. This probably says that Norton has told the coaches he is going someplace else and Robinson is now the back up to Beckner. Robinson is actually an upgrade to Norton imo. If we see Robinson committing to AU it means Beckner has told the coaches he is going elsewhere. Robinson is a good player.

This is the way I read these latest offers. I don't read anything bad in any of this.

Redwine's decommit/recommit/never decommitted- says we either just got a silent commit or things look very good for Carlton Davis, Davante Davis or both. Depending on whether the coaches want 2 or 3 CBs, it will be Dinson and/or C. Davis and/or D. Davis.

Robinson's offer- I think he is looked at more long term as a DT. Beckner is the priority and Norton has been the back up. This probably says that Norton has told the coaches he is going someplace else and Robinson is now the back up to Beckner. Robinson is actually an upgrade to Norton imo. If we see Robinson committing to AU it means Beckner has told the coaches he is going elsewhere. Robinson is a good player..

Certainly several ways to look at the situation. Don't think any of those guys are bad players. At the same time hoping we're giving them offers b/c really feel they can make an impact vs. being more of a project. Knowing nothing is a given with the higher profile guys. Just along the lines of quality vs quantity. It's going to be an interesting finish that's for sure.

WDE!

Edit: Just to head this off.....In no way am I suggesting we will or should hold spots for early enrollees next year. I'm just making conversation.

I think we'll sign our maximum of 28 if we can get the players we want. I don't think we'll go too far down the wish list before we decide to save a slot or two for early guys next year. Now, there's a pretty good chance we'll get to 28 with top prospects. I don't think this will be like a few of our recent years when at the last minute we've picked up 2* guys headed for Georgia Southern or UCF just to have warm bodies.

WDE!

I think we'll sign our maximum of 28 if we can get the players we want. I don't think we'll go too far down the wish list before we decide to save a slot or two for early guys next year. Now, there's a pretty good chance we'll get to 28 with top prospects. I don't think this will be like a few of our recent years when at the last minute we've picked up 2* guys headed for Georgia Southern or UCF just to have warm bodies.

Thanks, Mikey. The question wasn't intended for you specifically, but I was hoping you'd respond. Seems like you have a solid grasp on how they get tallied back and forward and such.

WDE!

My 1/28/15 predictions:

Nothing has changed. Never saw Redwine in the picture.

CB Jeremiah Dinson - 100% - COMMITTED

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke - 70%

WR Camion Patrick - 70%

CB Carlton Davis - 70%

DE Arden Key - 50%

CB Javarius Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 40%

WR Ryan Davis - 30%

DE Jefferson - 30%

DT Beckner - 10%

Ouch!!! He's got going 0-0 with the Big Cats on signing day. I pray to God he's way wrong.

He has us striking out. I would gladly bet money he is wrong on at least some of the ones Auburn is working probably on most of the ones are is trying to close on.

Thought i would share...

http://www.sportingn...ichigan-florida

He has us striking out. I would gladly bet money he is wrong on at least some of the ones Auburn is working probably on most of the ones are is trying to close on.

Here's another opinion:

JC Shurburtt@jcshurburtt 5m5 minutes ago

#Auburn #Texas #USC - my prediction for three biggest #NSD finishers. @RyanBartow

Well with one week left, and trying my best to read the tea leaves that are on rivals, 247, and the rest of the internet, here is my best guess on who AU will sign:

Cowart

Holland

Carlton Davis

Fenton (spelling?)

A WR - maybe Ryan Davis of the kid they are bringing in this weekend

GGRobinson

A surprise

We will not get CECE (0% chance)

We will not get Beckner

Ivey sticks with FL (most people in the know say it is very close but believe he will stick with the school he has loved forever)

Gibson sticks with OSU or goes to LSU

that OL to alabama (since he did not commit to us on Monday) - this is just a guess now...

Only 2 I am not sure about are Key and the Nigerian nightmare. Nobody knows.

Well with one week left, and trying my best to read the tea leaves that are on rivals, 247, and the rest of the internet, here is my best guess on who AU will sign:

Cowart

Holland

Carlton Davis

Fenton (spelling?)

GGRobinson

A surprise

We will not get Beckner

Ivey sticks with FL (most people in the know say it is very close but believe he will stick with the school he has loved forever)

that OL to alabama (since he did not commit to us on Monday) - this is just a guess now...

Who is Fenton?

Cowart

Holland

Carlton Davis

Fenton (spelling?)

GGRobinson

A surprise

We will not get Beckner

Who is Fenton?

CB that just cancelled his OV to AU so that part doesn't matter.

My current look is

De Byron

DE Tega

LB Holland

CB Will Smith's cousin

1-2 WR

1-2 best available

Can't predict anything on guys like Key and Reed til after their OVs this weekend.

My current look is

De Byron

DE Tega

LB Holland

CB Will Smith's cousin

1-2 WR

1-2 best available

Can't predict anything on guys like Key and Reed til after their OVs this weekend.

Nice list E. I'll go with the following and I believe as of now we have have six spots left.

DE: Cowart

LB: Holland

CB: C. Davis

DE: Key or Tenga (especially if the visit goes well, I thought he mentioned wanting to play with Cowart at one time).

OL: Ivey or CVO

WR: Godwin (Just feel he could be this years Elijah Daniel NSD surprise)

My current look is

De Byron

DE Tega

LB Holland

CB Will Smith's cousin

1-2 WR

1-2 best available

forgive me. Who is Smith's cousin?

Archived