Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

I'm hearing now that we can sign 9 more guys. Anybody know anything about this?

That's what I heard too. If so, class could be even more monstrous.

I wonder what it means. I know that Rivals hasn't been counting Golson, so they were already 1 over Mikey's number (I take Mikey's word for it). But something happened to make them add a spot. Interesting.

Numbers could be wrong. 247 is reporting 8 spots, Rivals 9, Mikey has 8. Something opened up and I'm not sure who or how.

Bryan Matthews said 9. I don't know about the others. But he is a reliable source. Even so, don't know if we will sign 9.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need Ivey but Mcelwain being an O minded coach and being at Florida is gunna hurt our chances. We need great olinemen, the flashy skill positions are nice but championships are won in the trenches.

And Gus is a what kind of coach? If Ivey didn't grow up a UF fan he would already be committed to AU.

he hasn't had a coach to really commit to now they have a HC. Mcelwain will sell the I was at bama for multiple national titles. I have a "pro" offense, I'm your childhood favorite, play for the in state school and be a hero? etc. what does Auburn have we don't ?

We really need Ivey but Mcelwain being an O minded coach and being at Florida is gunna hurt our chances. We need great olinemen, the flashy skill positions are nice but championships are won in the trenches.

And Gus is a what kind of coach? If Ivey didn't grow up a UF fan he would already be committed to AU.

he hasn't had a coach to really commit to now they have a HC. Mcelwain will sell the I was at bama for multiple national titles. I have a "pro" offense, I'm your childhood favorite, play for the in state school and be a hero? etc. what does Auburn have we don't ?

Auburn has been putting O-linemen in the NFL at a very high level and high rate.. UF..... ??

I'm hearing now that we can sign 9 more guys. Anybody know anything about this?

That's what I heard too. If so, class could be even more monstrous.

I wonder what it means. I know that Rivals hasn't been counting Golson, so they were already 1 over Mikey's number (I take Mikey's word for it). But something happened to make them add a spot. Interesting.

Numbers could be wrong. 247 is reporting 8 spots, Rivals 9, Mikey has 8. Something opened up and I'm not sure who or how.

Bryan Matthews said 9. I don't know about the others. But he is a reliable source. Even so, don't know if we will sign 9.

Niebuhr is just as reliable...

Here is my picks to close,no insider info just my guess.CB Carlton Davis LB Holland DE Cowart WR Darius Slayton OT Ivey and if we have spot we take Tega after NSD.

I am going with this list + Godwin.

If we get that list plus Godwin we should all break out the champagne, and I hope it happens! We do have 7 slots now, after the loss of McGriff.

If we get that list, there will certainly be day drinking.

Every day is a day drinking day

Yes indeed!

We can sign 9 more now

Lets get Mikey's reaction, since he's the guy thats been running into every thread the past ~3 weeks claiming for fact that we would only sign "6" more.

Auburn has been putting O-linemen in the NFL at a very high level and high rate.. UF..... ??

Hey I'm just saying what he's goin to be pitching. Trust me I want em at Auburn! He will say they have had a poor offense overall but he will turn it around and produce NFL players like he did at bammer and that he wants Ivey to be a big part of that turn around.

Predicting 17 - 18 year olds? My feeling is we land these important fence-stradlers:

Slayton at WR (don't see us using a scholly for another WR unless it's Godwin, Cain or...wait for it...Gibson, none of whom I think we get anyway).

Norton at DT

Cowart & (later) Prince at DE

Holland @ LB

In other words, our available schollies may not all get signed off tomorrow. Slayton & Norton have 5 star potential IMO.

How did Rivals editors go from 7 to 9 with just McGriff's decommit?

They were at 7 before McGriff's decommit, so something else happened to get them from 8 to 9.

McGriff's decommit took Mikey's number from 6 to 7.

We can sign 9 more now

Lets get Mikey's reaction, since he's the guy thats been running into every thread the past ~3 weeks claiming for fact that we would only sign "6" more.

You asked for it, you got it. After counting Golson, who WILL take one slot, we had six. McGriff's being taken off leaves us with seven openings.

In two of the three prior seasons I've differed with the pay sites and in the end, they recounted and agreed with my numbers. This could be the year they are right and I'm wrong but right now my little pencil and paper scratch pad is 2-0 vs. The World. Put your money where you think it should be.

We have seven slots available, whether we can get the kids we want to fill those slots or some slots will be saved for early enrolees next year is the question.

We process off the current roster.

Processing off the current roster has ZIP to do with how many we can sign under the annual limit. You should know that.

Processing off the current roster has ZIP to do with how many we can sign under the annual limit. You should know that.

Correct. So do you know who is Rivals' "other" decomitt besides McGriff?

If you're asking me, I think Rivals is forgetting about Golson and/or failing to account for Tre Matthews' signing counting against last year's class, which reduced our expected "countback" EE slots by one. But that's just my guess.

If you're asking me, I think Rivals is forgetting about Golson and/or failing to account for Tre Matthews' signing counting against last year's class, which reduced our expected "countback" EE slots by one. But that's just my guess.

I get your Golson explanation. Yes, I'm asking you for your best guess. How did Rivals editors go from 7 to 9 after McGriff's decommit?

"I get your Golson explanation. Yes, I'm asking you for your best guess. How did Rivals editors go from 7 to 9 after McGriff's decommit?

How they went from seven to nine, I have no idea. If there's another one of our commits that won't sign with AU, I don't know who that could possibly be.

So who was the "other" besides McGriff?

Maybe Ike Powell? Perhaps he wont be going on scholarship?

My 2/3/15 afternoon predictions:

CB Jeremiah Dinson - 100% - COMMITTED

CB Carlton Davis - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Cowart - 90%

WR Darius Slayton - 60%

WR Terry Godwin - 60%

DT Kendrick Norton - 60%

WR Ryan Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

QB Torrance Gibson - 10%