Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

I did run across a free view on Rivals and this is who they say we end with. I'm sure many have seen this but for those who haven't, here you go and hope the link works.

https://auburn.rival...asp&cid=1729518

These guys are all forgetting Golson will have to count against this class. We have seven slots left, not eight

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did run across a free view on Rivals and this is who they say we end with. I'm sure many have seen this but for those who haven't, here you go and hope the link works.

https://auburn.rival...asp&cid=1729518

These guys are all forgetting Golson will have to count against this class. We have seven slots left, not eight

Update: With the commitment of Dinson we now have six slots left. Comin' down the home stretch!

A lot more love for Arden Key on those predictions than I would have thought. Seems like he's trending back to SCar or LSU at this point

Not really. And AU has the last chance at him. And Key has a certain AU recruit in his ear.

I don't know what is going to happen and I'm definitely no insider but over the years as it closes in to NSD you have to watch what the coaches are doing. In that regard...

I could see us...

Adding 1 more WR - staff isn't comfortable with any that they have a solid commit for. That's why you keep seeing new names pop up everyday.

Adding 1 more CB - it's down to the ones already been mentioned. They may already have a silent commit for the last CB they are taking.

Adding 1 more OT - Its Ivey if he wants it. CVO would be a take also. Other then those 2 it's either 1 - 2 or no more.

Adding 2-3 more DE - the staff will take 2-3 of the already known DE's. Cowart, Jefferson, Tega, Key.

Adding 1 more DT - Basically Beckner or none at this point.

Potential to add 1 QB - Francios or Gibson. Staff would take either one but not a make or break for this class. If we pick up one of these we'll go after 1 next year, if we don't we'll go after 2 Qbs next year.

Adding 1 more LB - Holland or no one else.

A lot more love for Arden Key on those predictions than I would have thought. Seems like he's trending back to SCar or LSU at this point

Not really. And AU has the last chance at him. And Key has a certain AU recruit in his ear.

Plus he is very impressionable. Having the last OV with him set to commit on TV Monday is set up to be huge for AU with Key.

https://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=884&script=%2Fcontent%2Easp&cid=1729518

I like the way those lists play out. I'd take any one of them in a heartbeat.

Yes, I would gladly take any of the four lists.

My guess is we get all 5 of the 4 out of 4 guys, both of the 3 out of 4 guys, and 1 of the 1 out of 4 guys, either Ivey or Gibson. My guess is Ivey. I have been consistent with Ivey. Total guess, obviously. I just think in the end he sees the direction of the program at AU for the next 3 years to be a better situation that UF, plus having his best buddy Chandler there, that will be just enough to win over his heart.

My 1/27/15 list:

CB Jeremiah Dinson - 100% - COMMITTED

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

OT Chidi Valentine-Okeke - 70%

WR Camion Patrick - 70%

CB Carlton Davis - 70%

DE Arden Key - 50%

CB Javarius Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 40%

WR Ryan Davis - 30%

DE Jefferson - 30%

DT Beckner - 10%

According to 247 we finish #7

http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Recruiting-Rankings-Projecting-The-Final-Top-10--35105536

Auburn

Current Rank No. 11

What’s In The Boat: The nation’s No. JUCO prospect running back Jovon Robinson along with another big JUCO get in athlete Jason Smith. Top100 recruit in athlete Kerryon Johnson leads the way on the prep side. The Tigers have six Top247 commits.

What’s On The Board: Five-star offensive tackle Martez Ivey, five-star defensive end Byron Cowart, five-star defensive end Cece Jefferson, five-star defensive tackle Terry Beckner Jr., Georgia five-star athlete commit Terry Godwin, Top100 defensive end Arden Key, Top247 offensive tackle Chidi Valentine-Okeke, Top247 outside linebacker Jeffery Holland, Top247 defensive end Prince Tega Wanogho Jr., four-star receiver Ryan Davis, Ohio State four-star cornerback commit Carlton Davis, Louisville cornerback commit Sheldrick Redwine and running back Javarius Davis.

Who’s Likely In: Cowart, Holland, Tega Wanogho Jr., Valentine-Okeke, Ryan Davis.

Projected Finish: 279.03

Projected Finish

Based on these calculations, the finish would be…

1. Alabama 314.72 or 313.66

2. USC 309.67

3. Texas 299.31 (with Murray and company)

4. Florida State 287.10

5. Georgia 284.92

6. Tennessee 280.30

7. Auburn 279.03

8. Texas 278.18 (without Murray and company)

9. Clemson 278.15

10. Texas A&M 277.53 (if they hang on to Murray and the package deals that could come with it)

11. Ohio State 275.86

12. LSU 272.57

13. Notre Dame 269.40

A Few Curve Balls

•Five-star defensive lineman Terry Beckner Jr. likely heads to Missouri, but Auburn and Florida State are in it.

•Speaking of Auburn, they could snag five-star offensive tackle Martez Ivey, they could flip Carlton Davis, they’re recruiting five-star defensive end Cece Jefferson and Torrance Gibson as well. Give Gus Malzahn Ivey, Jefferson and Davis to the names in the article and they finish with a score of 295.69.

Who is the signee we get on the last day that we never talked about here. Ala, Jonathan Wallace, ladarious Phillips. The big center that went to med school with foreign name....

Who is the signee we get on the last day that we never talked about here. Ala, Jonathan Wallace, ladarious Phillips. The big center that went to med school with foreign name....

There probably isn't one this year. We have little room, and lots of contingencies.

Tunde Fariyike is the center you're thinking of

?

him too

��

him too

Smart^^^.

:big:

if there is one it will be because we missed on about 11 people.

We need to start by getting a commitment from Carlton Davis this week, plus Arden Key & CVO on Monday night. That would leave four spots left on signing day with Tega waiting in the wings.

The offers today change things. We were always after redwine so that was expected.... but a last minute offer 1week before signing day to a de/dt says that we are going to plan b. Just have to wonder who the plan a was... That is what is great about recruiting - you really never know. Even the coaches are not sure sometimes.

The offers today change things. We were always after redwine so that was expected.... but a last minute offer 1week before signing day to a de/dt says that we are going to plan b. Just have to wonder who the plan a was... That is what is great about recruiting - you really never know. Even the coaches are not sure sometimes.

But we don't know it's a commitable offer. Says to me that the coaches are smart (like golf smart) -- that they have contingency plans. It doesn't mean we missed on anybody yet.

True. Plus redwine may not be a take either at this point either.

Recruiting is nuts. And fun to follow as long as you take it for what it is...

Yep -- nuts!

But we don't know it's a commitable offer. Says to me that the coaches are smart (like golf smart) -- that they have contingency plans. It doesn't mean we missed on anybody yet.

OP seemed to imply that the kid was planning to flip tomorrow. I guess we'll know more then.

Archived