College president apologizes for saying all lives matter

cooltigger21

And who exactly determines who assaulted whom?

We consult the all knowing spirit of GAIA, and she shows us the truth.

:homer:

You ask a stupid question...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the civil rights generation dies off, race relations in this country are not going to get any better. These people started off fighting a great fight and had a righteous cause. Problem is they are still stuck in the 1960's. We have the civil rights laws and opportunity is there. The black community suffers from three basic things, some of them self inflicted. Other problems stem from the white liberals desire to "help" Black criminals through the years have been relieved of their responsibility for their actions by the white liberals who view them as poor victims of Americas deep seated racism. They still hold guilt for some reason for the actions of their ancestors. The civil rights leaders have abandoned their own people and sold them out to the white taskmasters in return for money and places of prominence. Blacks have abandoned the family unit, with an out of wedlock birthrate around 60-70 percent. With drug use rampant this leads to a self destructive lifestyle. Being told that getting an education is acting white is another part of it. Until people start taking responsibility for their own actions things will never get better. It will take help. These people have been told for so long that they don't have a chance on their own that we have generational problems. Stop treating every cop as if he's out to get you just because you are black and is looking to gun you down. Teach respect for authority. These are just a couple of things. Boys don't go around having sex with every girl you meet and getting them pregnant and walking off. If you father a child, take responsibility for your actions. Girls don't get pregnant while you are a teenager. You have almost certainly condemned yourself and your child to a life of poverty. Get your high school education at the minimum. Seek out something better if you can. It may be just a technical field. Nothing wrong with that. Get married and then have kids. Stay married. You and your family have a much better chance of making a decent middle class life for yourself. As for the rest of us and how to help them get out of their situation, we have to stop handing things out to them as if they were a child incapable of doing for themselves. We have to teach them how to be self sufficient. Mentor them. Improve the education system and give them the tools they need to take care of themselves. There is a saying out there and it holds true. Liberals view compassion by how many people they get on a government assistance program. Conservatives view compassion by how many people they can help get off of government assistance. Or to put it another way. Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you have fed him for life.

The article may not, but the actual events in Ferguson do. The police officer was doing what he was trained and ordered to do by the people of Missouri.

The people of MO? Negative Ghost Rider. I'm coming at this from a very different perspective based on my previous ROE and escalation of force training. I don't expect you to understand it or agree with it. At a minimum you could try to see my point of view rather than reply with cute little questions about passivity.

I see your point of view. It is the old problem of where does one person's rights stop and the other person's begin complicated by one person being an armed officer of the law.

Brown had just committed 2 felonies and and if he had just continued to run away from the police car he would have lived, been arrested later, and sitting in a St Louis jail today. Brown decided to escalate the situation by running back at Wilson to commit a 3rd felony. Wilson had his pistol and mace. Would the mace have stopped Brown? Wilson did not take the chance the mace would fail or did not have time to get it out. The number of shots Wilson really needed to take is my question. He had 13 rounds. 1 was left in the clip, 2 fired in the car, 4 missed into the street, 6 hit Brown four of those in his arm doing little to stop him. Had Wilson been a better shot Brown might be wounded with a trunk or leg shot on the ground and alive.

I think the liberals on here have way more fire power than me, LOL.

Does that surprise you?

Break action 12 gauge for scaring off critters.

We consult the all knowing spirit of GAIA, and she shows us the truth.

:homer:

You ask a stupid question...

Actually it's a very serious question. One that is basic to the issue.

You aren't venturing deep enough.

Looks like I'm the only true Constitutional Conservative here...

Sorry, I wasn't around the board when the Grand Jury decided not to indict Officer Wilson, so if you've answered this question before forgive me. After reviewing the evidence presented to the grand jury, what do you think Officer Wilson should have done in this situation?

You do realize that Grand Juries don't get both sides of the story don't you? The fact the PA presented a case that defended Wilson's actions is a controversy in itself. The PA's job in a Grand Jury trial is to obtain an indictment of the accused, not get him off. That's what the trial is for.

That's why cops are so rarely indicted.

Actually they got both sides in this case. Wilson, the potential defendant testified before the grand jury and they were allowed to ask him questions. If the PA had a weak case against Wilson, it should not have gone to the grand jury in the first place.

Both sides?

B4mjgmUIYAEw5hd.jpg

All pictured are promoting a lie, and defending a thug. Sorry, but D.C. is probably the last place these a-holes need to be earning a living.

Now there's a measured considerate response. :rolleyes: You aren't even a challenge. You parody yourself. :laugh:

Until the civil rights generation dies off, race relations in this country are not going to get any better. These people started off fighting a great fight and had a righteous cause. Problem is they are still stuck in the 1960's. We have the civil rights laws and opportunity is there. The black community suffers from three basic things, some of them self inflicted. Other problems stem from the white liberals desire to "help" Black criminals through the years have been relieved of their responsibility for their actions by the white liberals who view them as poor victims of Americas deep seated racism. They still hold guilt for some reason for the actions of their ancestors. The civil rights leaders have abandoned their own people and sold them out to the white taskmasters in return for money and places of prominence. Blacks have abandoned the family unit, with an out of wedlock birthrate around 60-70 percent. With drug use rampant this leads to a self destructive lifestyle. Being told that getting an education is acting white is another part of it. Until people start taking responsibility for their own actions things will never get better. It will take help. These people have been told for so long that they don't have a chance on their own that we have generational problems. Stop treating every cop as if he's out to get you just because you are black and is looking to gun you down. Teach respect for authority. These are just a couple of things. Boys don't go around having sex with every girl you meet and getting them pregnant and walking off. If you father a child, take responsibility for your actions. Girls don't get pregnant while you are a teenager. You have almost certainly condemned yourself and your child to a life of poverty. Get your high school education at the minimum. Seek out something better if you can. It may be just a technical field. Nothing wrong with that. Get married and then have kids. Stay married. You and your family have a much better chance of making a decent middle class life for yourself. As for the rest of us and how to help them get out of their situation, we have to stop handing things out to them as if they were a child incapable of doing for themselves. We have to teach them how to be self sufficient. Mentor them. Improve the education system and give them the tools they need to take care of themselves. There is a saying out there and it holds true. Liberals view compassion by how many people they get on a government assistance program. Conservatives view compassion by how many people they can help get off of government assistance. Or to put it another way. Give a man a fish and you have fed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you have fed him for life.

Yaddayaddayaddayaddayadda....

Organize it it paragraphs and I'll be happy to read it.

Brown lost his rights when he attacked a cop & tried to take his gun.

" black mothers shouldn't have to worry for their son's lives who rob stores & assault cops " - valid view as the Left sees it.

Really? He lost all of his constitutional rights? Every. Single. One?

Yes. And I see how you ignore that which you don't want to confront, and instead focus the true nature of what actually happened.

WHEN HE ATTACKED THE COP ... think about that for a second, if you can.

Brown is engaging in an assault of a armed officer. The cop has no option but to defend himself

Brown's own actions removed the rights he had, at that time. HIS actions forced the cop to respond.

Pol Pot, Stalin, Lenin, Mao Tse Tung, Ho Chi Mi support this post...

I tend to agree with cooltigger on the point of the old guard dying off. With what oprah or somebody said about how racism won't die until the old white generation dies off, the same could be said about the old black generation. Until those that lived in the civil rights era are dead and gone, this nonsense will remain.

I tend to agree with cooltigger on the point of the old guard dying off. With what oprah or somebody said about how racism won't die until the old white generation dies off, the same could be said about the old black generation. Until those that lived in the civil rights era are dead and gone, this nonsense will remain.

I feel relatively certain a younger generation will replace the old guard.

It's possible. Unless responsible parents raise their kids as they should. Hate is colorless. For a black parent to instill hate for white people in their children is just as irresponsible as a white parent to instill hate in their children for black people. My children have never known labels, have never been told that they are different because of skin color, and do not hate. It all starts with responsible parenting.

Why? Homer you are just as self centered as those you attack. I read it.....why can't you?

" black mothers shouldn't have to worry for their son's lives who rob stores & assault cops " - valid view as the Left sees it.

Apparently, one's rights are naturally arbitrated by armed LEO's.

When one assaults those armed LEO's, unprovoked... damn straight.

The evidence. A grand jury. Some times the physical evidence stamps out wishful thinking.

Apparently, one's rights are naturally arbitrated by armed LEO's.

When one assaults those armed LEO's, unprovoked... damn straight.

The evidence. A grand jury. Some times the physical evidence stamps out wishful thinking.

A grand jury is not an appropriate arbitrator of that. A trial is. The only thing a Grand Jury is for it determine if there is enough evidence to warrant a trial. Based on the facts in this case, there should have been a trial.

I feel relatively certain a younger generation will replace the old guard.

Of course it will. Kids learn from their parents. It will take several generations. More importantly, it will require complete integration of black and white culture. No more "voluntary" segregation, intermarriage, more upper middle class blacks...

Why? Homer you are just as self centered as those you attack. I read it.....why can't you?

It's thoughtless - if not downright rude - to require your reader to tease out your meaning from a solid block of text. And I resent having to do so. Call that self-centered if you want.

If you don't take enough pride in your work to organize it properly, why should I care about it?

It's thoughtless - if not downright rude - to require your reader to tease out your meaning from a solid block of text. And I resent having to do so. Call that self-centered if you want.

If you don't take enough pride in your work to organize it properly, why should I care about it?

Please tell me your not a teacher.

Do you really have to be a teacher to respect the skills required to express one's self? It's basic communication.

[quote name=autigeremt' timestamp='1418358814'

post='2171984]

Do you really have to be a teacher to respect the skills required to express one's self? It's basic communication.

You missed my point it was the unwillingness to read the post because it was not to your standard , I just wouldn't want that to be taught to young students.

[quote name=autigeremt' timestamp='1418358814'

post='2171984]

You missed my point it was the unwillingness to read the post because it was not to your standard , I just wouldn't want that to be taught to young students.

Why should I be obligated to struggle through something the author didn't respect enough to organize properly?

If I were a teacher - or the writer's boss - I'd hand it back and say just what I said: Organize it properly and I'll read it.

So you are an elitist? This is a forum, not a class in writing.

But it's your life........

So you are an elitist? This is a forum, not a class in writing.

But it's your life........

This is indeed a forum, but making an effort at paragraph structure is not really asking a lot. Especially when you consider the fact that this particular forum ultimately revolves around a university.

Archived