Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Chizik is a DB coach by nature. He coached the secondary all 4 years at AU and made Lolley the scapegoat.

You can't be serious. Chizik was the Head Coach, he would not have the time to coach a position group individually.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chizik is a DB coach by nature. He coached the secondary all 4 years at AU and made Lolley the scapegoat.

You can't be serious. Chizik was the Head Coach, he would not have the time to coach a position group individually.

Actually I'm very serious. Saban does it at Alabama. Jimbo Fisher coaches his quarterbacks at FSU.

Actually I'm very serious. Saban does it at Alabama. Jimbo Fisher coaches his quarterbacks at FSU.

Dude, the most they can do is assist. Do you know how much work it takes to coach a positional group? In the case of DB's you are talking essentially 5 starters with most teams playing heavy Nickel packages. The head coach has so much on their plate, that it would be impossible for any of those guys to outright coach an entire positional group...impossible. What are you suggesting, that they were paying Lolley to twiddle his thumbs and eat cheetos from a lawn-chair on the sidelines? Are you serious?

The reason why the DB's sucked was also the same reason why every defensive positional group on the team sucked: Chizik could not instill a winning mentality. Defense is about discipline, toughness, and effort. Our defense in general was woefully undisciplined and they gave up. It was a an overall culture failure, which is why Chizik isn't the coach anymore.

Dude, the most they can do is assist. Do you know how much work it takes to coach a positional group? In the case of DB's you are talking essentially 5 starters with most teams playing heavy Nickel packages. The head coach has so much on their plate, that it would be impossible for any of those guys to outright coach an entire positional group...impossible. What are you suggesting, that they were paying Lolley to twiddle his thumbs and eat cheetos from a lawn-chair on the sidelines? Are you serious?

The reason why the DB's sucked was also the same reason why every defensive positional group on the team sucked: Chizik could not instill a winning mentality. Defense is about discipline, toughness, and effort. Our defense in general was woefully undisciplined and they gave up. It was a an overall culture failure, which is why Chizik isn't the coach anymore.

Yup. Problems off the field, softening in the weight room... Chizik oversaw a total and complete collapse. Complete absence of discipline or accountability at any level. That's why folks needn't point out how bad this coach or that coach was at Auburn during the Chizik tenure. Most of them were hamstrung by their boss. Kevin Yoxall went from being one of the best in the business to unemployed in 4 years. Even Gus' offense sucked by the second half of 2011.

I think that CRG will either stay as the D line coach, or become the O line coach. I think when he was at UGA, he was the O-line coach. Please correct me if this is wrong. It will fun watching the D staff come together. Good things are coming my friends. I guess CWM will be on board for the bowl game. This will be fun to watch a defense under superior coaching for a change.

He was not O-Line coach at thuga...Stacy Searles was at one time...but I do not believe CRG was ever the O-Line coach at thuga.

I think that CRG will either stay as the D line coach, or become the O line coach. I think when he was at UGA, he was the O-line coach. Please correct me if this is wrong. It will fun watching the D staff come together. Good things are coming my friends. I guess CWM will be on board for the bowl game. This will be fun to watch a defense under superior coaching for a change.

He was not O-Line coach at thuga...Stacy Searles was at one time...but I do not believe CRG was ever the O-Line coach at thuga.

He coached tackles for one season at UT. He was always D line at UGA. There is absolutely no reason to move Grimes out and Gus isn't going to do that. If, and that's a big if in my mind, RG were to move, it would be to TE/ST.

He coached tackles for one season at UT. He was always D line at UGA. There is absolutely no reason to move Grimes out and Gus isn't going to do that. If, and that's a big if in my mind, RG were to move, it would be to TE/ST.

Word...

This^^

Where is Stacy Searles coachng now? I think coaches Malzahn and Muschamp could move Garner to coach tight ends and special teams, then bring in either D.J. Durkin or Tracy Rocker to coach the DL.

Where is Stacy Searles coachng now? I think coaches Malzahn and Muschamp could move Garner to coach tight ends and special teams, then bring in either D.J. Durkin or Tracy Rocker to coach the DL.

I think there may be some interest in Rocker. Durkin has people talking to him about the DC position. Searles is at GT.

There for a while, there was a lot of talk about coach Muschmp wanting Travaris Robinson to join him. I guess we'll have to wait until after Florida's bowl game with ECU.

Is there still interest/a chance of getting Randy Shannon?

Yes it is still possible. We won't hear anything about staff changes until after the bowl game.

Kinda figured that.... just thought I would ask

Current trending belief is that Durkin ends up as DC at either aTm (for big $$) or U of Michigan (if Harbaugh becomes Michigan HC), so we'd have some competition.

Rocker has stated before that he has nothing left to accomplish at AU, but he'd be a great addition.

Shannon is supposedly an aTm DC candidate.

I still have high hopes for T-Rob's return.

Current trending belief is that Durkin ends up as DC at either aTm (for big $$) or U of Michigan (if Harbaugh becomes Michigan HC), so we'd have some competition.

Rocker has stated before that he has nothing left to accomplish at AU, but he'd be a great addition.

T-rob is coming, and rocker and shannon has been contacted one way or the other. And they both have other options but they know we would like their services

T-rob is coming, and rocker and shannon has been contacted one way or the other. And they both have other options but they know we would like their services

based on their other options are your overall feelings about the surprising additions to the staff changing?

Rocker has stated before that he has nothing left to accomplish at AU, but he'd be a great addition

I for one am kind of surprised Rocker would say this. He feels he's accomplished everything he needed to accomplish at his Alma Mater by helping it win ONE national championship? How many does he think he's going to get at UGa? If he gets one, will he move on to another campus? I'm sure I'lll get slammed for this, but let me state unequivocally that I'd love for Rocker to come back to AU.

Rocker said he has nothing more to accomplish at AU outside of being the HC at AU. He also was likely giving his real thoughts some PR spin because he wanted to jump ship before stuff started getting bad and saw an opportunity in the NFL as a good move up.

based on their other options are your overall feelings about the surprising additions to the staff changing?

Very likely

Harbaugh wants to stay in the NFL if he can. If someone will give him the control he wants I think he'll do that.

Archived