Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

UGA Announced a promotion today for Tracy Rocker, to Assoc Head Coach. They have bumped up their staffs pay a lot in the offseason.

Glad we could help Tracy out.

Too bad. We need a decent DL coach.

wde

Give it a rest huh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UGA Announced a promotion today for Tracy Rocker, to Assoc Head Coach. They have bumped up their staffs pay a lot in the offseason.

wde

Give it a rest huh?

RG has an entire season to make me eat crow. I hope he is able to.

wde

\

wde

Ok bruh

wde

Give it a rest huh?

RG has an entire season to make me eat crow. I hope he is able to.

wde

\

I didn't realize you were secretly Coach Malzahn. I guess we should be more respectful...

wde

Ok. We get it. You're annoying.

wde

wde

wde

I try to be. I want people to be uncomfortable and not believe all things are unicorns and lollipops when it comes to our football program. FWIW, I want the same things out of our football program that you want. Wins and winning with class, dignity and according to the AU Creed (which is dang near impossible since we are a football factory). I am just not afraid of voicing my opinion in a non-Orange and Blue glasses manner.

wde

wde

wde

I try to be. I want people to be uncomfortable and not believe all things are unicorns and lollipops when it comes to our football program. FWIW, I want the same things out of our football program that you want. Wins and winning with class, dignity and according to the AU Creed (which is dang near impossible since we are a football factory). I am just not afraid of voicing my opinion in a non-Orange and Blue glasses manner.

wde

Yes your opinion is valid but it comes with you totally ignoring some of the facts, specifically some of those Stat pointed out.

wde

wde

wde

Yes your opinion is valid but it comes with you totally ignoring some of the facts, specifically some of those Stat pointed out.

I am not ignoring anything Stat posted and said so. After Stat adjusted his numbers for Rocker's two years (versus 3 years that included one year of Mike Pelton) on staff compared to RG's two years on staff, Rocker had better numbers. It is Stat's opinion (and I totally respect his opinion) that RG is a better DL at this time based on his recruiting reputation. I agreed to disagree and also posted that I hope Stat is correct and I am wrong.

wde

I'll give Garner one more year before judging his performance. The absence of Lawson certainly hurt and then slimming Gabe down (Still blows my mind) was an idiot move. Next year, we have Lawson and Adams back along with Daniel who has tons of potential. Our D line was a strength in 2013 and, imo, failed miserably for the two reasons stated above. If, however, it under performs next year as well, I'm totally on board with AUIH1.

Garner will rebound from this. Muschamp's style of defense is more traditional to garners liking. This will be a better dline because of a better scheme. No Worries

I think the base 4-3, with flexibility suits his coaching style as well...

I'll give Garner one more year before judging his performance. The absence of Lawson certainly hurt and then slimming Gabe down (Still blows my mind) was an idiot move. Next year, we have Lawson and Adams back along with Daniel who has tons of potential. Our D line was a strength in 2013 and, imo, failed miserably for the two reasons stated above. If, however, it under performs next year as well, I'm totally on board with AUIH1.

And if the DL is at least average or better next season, I will gladly give RG credit.

wde

And if the DL is at least average or better next season, I will gladly give RG credit.

wde

Get Ready

We should have gone after onof these giuys. Michigan State's Pat Marduzzi or Brad Lawing or Tracy Rocker.

Narduzzi was only leaving Mich State for a HC gig.

Let Muschamp hire who he wants and we can do the "we should have"s after next season.

Carl Lawson being injured hurt. Don't blame everything on RG. Malzahn got rid of the main problem, EJ. Even Muschamp in his introductory press conference said that AU not having Lawson this year, and not having a pass rusher, you're not going to be successful on defense. And that's why we're going after 2 of the top DE's in the country. The Buck position will help generate a pass rush too.

Seems to be a pattern with Saban assistants leaving. I bet he's extremely hard to work for. Would be a great hire if Barrow didn't work out. Heck of a recruiter and good coach as well.

I'm not sure how good Lance Thompson is as a coach, but there is no doubt that he is an elite recruiter. I think it would have a tremendous effect not only on this year's class but on next year's recruitment of Mack Wilson & Ben Davis. There's no doubt that he's been involved in the recruitment of those 2 studs, so that certainly can't hurt. I would still favor Barrow at this point, but I wouldn't be too upset if we landed Thompson.

Archived