Premium Seating A Possibility in the JHS Endzones

autigeremt

Adding extra decks, I am good with, but I want them to take into consideration how it contributes to to those not sitting in the suites. I would like to see them designed to add to the crowd noice with overhangs.

I think also, I woulkd like to see a couple of huge jumbo screens aso opposed to four in the corners. What pro team has a monster endzone screen? Jacksonville? How can we do that on both sides?

Edit- in looking at The Jacksonville Jag stadium, We could emulate that endzone with the huge screen they have (largest in the world I believe). I wish I could post pics. And then on the other endzone go with a big upper deck.

So south endzone would get a big facelift with big upper deck... North endzone would get locker room and big pavilion and major Daktron Screen.

If someone could post the pic in this link.... That would be appreciated.

http://www.jaguars.c...9b-a09caaee0a08

No problem

20140310-release.jpg

I sure that one Jumbo cost 40 million.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree we need to go to 100,000.

"No." And here's why... (Sorry. I disagree. But, it's for a good reason.)

I love Auburn. I'm a season ticket holder in JHS. The games I can't go to, I Stubhub. I've done the math. It's about break even.

One year I scalped Bama tickets for fun. Bought season tickets and sold them piecemeal. Played the part and all. I learned a lot. Made a few hundred bucks. I'd like to share this with you so you know what I know.

I lived in Birmingham. To save on the fees, I used Craigslist, etc. to market Alabama tickets. I would meet a Turd at a gas station or something. Sometimes I'd even wear a red shirt for the hell of it.

Let me say this first. They are exactly as we describe them here. They are the 85%. They are dumb. They are foolish with their money when it comes to Alabama. They buy unlicensed apparel. They do not possess a college degree. They have bad habits, etc.

The lowest common denominator for someone living in the state of Alabama is Alabama football. "RMFT" is all some people have. They make very little money. They have borderline personality disorders originating from dysfunctional upbringings and hard times at home.

I write all of this as a prefix to this:

16295249-mmmain.png

We are outnumbered in the state. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Auburn graduates sufficient students annually to expect a packed stadium every Saturday. But, plenty of those alums are engineers, veterinarians, etc., who have busy lives and may have relocated out of the state- too far to attend every home game.

I would estimate the demand for Alabama tickets to be about 2X or more the demand for Auburn tickets.

"There are currently 32,000 names on the Tide Pride waiting list for season tickets and only half of one percent of ticket holders drop off the list annually." http://www.al.com/sp...hletics_di.html

I believe some portion of what they are reporting is generated by the Alabama athletic department to drum up demand. But, I know plenty of Alabama fans who have been waiting over 7 years for that call.

By contrast, season tickets to Auburn were available from the ticket office late into the summer this year.

If we want to consider expanding seating, we need to be certain we can fill those seats. JJ and the PTB in the athletic department know this.

That's why they are talking more club seating and not an expansion in the 10,000s of seats.

Personally, I think we could take large portions of the end zones and convert them into cushier seating with covered pavilions, at the cost of attendance figures, and experience a net positive for the school and the program. I support a plan to increase premium seating. If it is planned right, we can add seats when the "Bahr" generation dies out and Auburn enjoys a better share of the local fan base. Though, I'd prefer we not co-opt any of the 85%.

All from a guy with a silver spoon in his hand.

I just spent 23 years protecting this country and you, and can barely pay the rent, keep the power on, struggle to feed my family, and have to file for food stamps in order to do so. Work for minimum wage, and still don't make it most months.

Take the spoon out of your hand and get off your high horse. Get your nose out of the air before you drown in a rain storm...

Not everyone is as fortunate as you. And I think if Auburn didn't have the highest ticket prices in the SEC every year (or close to it) more tickets would be sold.

As for expansion, I think there is a way to add both box seats and additional seats to both endzones. And we should push to 100,000

I don't know why anyone wants to be in a box anyway, you should have just stayed home and watched the game on TV. Your removed from the experience and the excitement of being at the game. You add zero to the crowd noise, zero cheering our boys on. I say if you want a box just so you have access to a bar, just stay home because your reason for being there is obviously to drink and not support the team.

Adding extra decks, I am good with, but I want them to take into consideration how it contributes to to those not sitting in the suites. I would like to see them designed to add to the crowd noice with overhangs.

I think also, I woulkd like to see a couple of huge jumbo screens aso opposed to four in the corners. What pro team has a monster endzone screen? Jacksonville? How can we do that on both sides?

Edit- in looking at The Jacksonville Jag stadium, We could emulate that endzone with the huge screen they have (largest in the world I believe). I wish I could post pics. And then on the other endzone go with a big upper deck.

So south endzone would get a big facelift with big upper deck... North endzone would get locker room and big pavilion and major Daktron Screen.

If someone could post the pic in this link.... That would be appreciated.

http://www.jaguars.c...9b-a09caaee0a08

No problem

20140310-release.jpg

IMO This would push Auburn to the top. Just my opinion.

I agree we need to go to 100,000.

"No." And here's why... (Sorry. I disagree. But, it's for a good reason.)

I love Auburn. I'm a season ticket holder in JHS. The games I can't go to, I Stubhub. I've done the math. It's about break even.

One year I scalped Bama tickets for fun. Bought season tickets and sold them piecemeal. Played the part and all. I learned a lot. Made a few hundred bucks. I'd like to share this with you so you know what I know.

I lived in Birmingham. To save on the fees, I used Craigslist, etc. to market Alabama tickets. I would meet a Turd at a gas station or something. Sometimes I'd even wear a red shirt for the hell of it.

Let me say this first. They are exactly as we describe them here. They are the 85%. They are dumb. They are foolish with their money when it comes to Alabama. They buy unlicensed apparel. They do not possess a college degree. They have bad habits, etc.

The lowest common denominator for someone living in the state of Alabama is Alabama football. "RMFT" is all some people have. They make very little money. They have borderline personality disorders originating from dysfunctional upbringings and hard times at home.

I write all of this as a prefix to this:

16295249-mmmain.png

We are outnumbered in the state. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Auburn graduates sufficient students annually to expect a packed stadium every Saturday. But, plenty of those alums are engineers, veterinarians, etc., who have busy lives and may have relocated out of the state- too far to attend every home game.

I would estimate the demand for Alabama tickets to be about 2X or more the demand for Auburn tickets.

"There are currently 32,000 names on the Tide Pride waiting list for season tickets and only half of one percent of ticket holders drop off the list annually." http://www.al.com/sp...hletics_di.html

I believe some portion of what they are reporting is generated by the Alabama athletic department to drum up demand. But, I know plenty of Alabama fans who have been waiting over 7 years for that call.

By contrast, season tickets to Auburn were available from the ticket office late into the summer this year.

If we want to consider expanding seating, we need to be certain we can fill those seats. JJ and the PTB in the athletic department know this.

That's why they are talking more club seating and not an expansion in the 10,000s of seats.

Personally, I think we could take large portions of the end zones and convert them into cushier seating with covered pavilions, at the cost of attendance figures, and experience a net positive for the school and the program. I support a plan to increase premium seating. If it is planned right, we can add seats when the "Bahr" generation dies out and Auburn enjoys a better share of the local fan base. Though, I'd prefer we not co-opt any of the 85%.

I just spent 23 years protecting this country and you, and can barely pay the rent, keep the power on, struggle to feed my family, and have to file for food stamps in order to do so. Work for minimum wage, and still don't make it most months.

Take the spoon out of your hand and get off your high horse. Get your nose out of the air before you drown in a rain storm...

Not everyone is as fortunate as you. And I think if Auburn didn't have the highest ticket prices in the SEC every year (or close to it) more tickets would be sold.

As for expansion, I think there is a way to add both box seats and additional seats to both endzones. And we should push to 100,000

I don't know why anyone wants to be in a box anyway, you should have just stayed home and watched the game on TV. Your removed from the experience and the excitement of being at the game. You add zero to the crowd noise, zero cheering our boys on. I say if you want a box just so you have access to a bar, just stay home because your reason for being there is obviously to drink and not support the team.

wow. your reading comprehension meter must be broken. Massive overreaction. Silver spoon? really. Dial back the hostility a notch or three. It wasn't at all what his post was about.

I agree whole heartedly with Ironman70. First and foremost complete the entire exterior so that it is cohesive and looks like Auburn..traditional and solid. Add premium seating for revenue in the least offensive manner to the "look" of the stadium, additional jumbotrons, upgrade the sound systems, find an answer to timeclock reliability, and add a few seats to reach 90,000. With all of that said, provide planning in the overall infrastructure changes to allow "future" expansion to 100,000 when demand allows for it.

The reason bama went to 100k was that it increased enrollment in school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't AU still around 25k? That is one reason. Open up the enrollment for more students. What difference does it make if someone is willing to pay for suites, why does that upset people. It raises more money and brings different types of people to the games.

The reason bama went to 100k was that it increased enrollment in school. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't AU still around 25k? That is one reason. Open up the enrollment for more students. What difference does it make if someone is willing to pay for suites, why does that upset people. It raises more money and brings different types of people to the games.

That would be the tail wagging the dog.

140259290574.gif

The Jacksonville Jag stadium looks awesome however, the open spaces in the endzones are too wide apart. There's no way you could make it a bowl shape with that much open space on either side of the scoreboard. Besides, I'm not sure how or where you could add more seats to make the capacity 100k or 103k. Has there been any word on what the new capacity would be if they went ahead with this new look?

• 3 weeks later...

Good read. I like the ideas put forth. Many times JJ gets a bad rap. It is deserved in some things to be sure. He has been good overall with the finances of the athletic dept. I think we are on a good track to upgrade and expand the stadium in a responsible manner.

Archived