Next season will be GREAT

BHDAU1

Ok I'm over being sad. This year was a huge disappointment and it showed us all that 2013 was a perfect storm for us and Au wasn't quite there yet. If not for dee Ford and Carl Lawson I suspect 2013 would have been much the same as this year. On the bright side, we got a great DC and Lawson back next year and the defense will be improved. And man o man, the offense should be potent. Just the rb stable alone is ridiculous. JJ is a smart guy and looks to be a great leader from what we have seen. Add Duke back and most of the lineman, we are one guy stepping up at center from being very good IMO. Jovon Robinson....If u haven't watched it yet, check out his JC highlights. With Roc and KJ alone that trio is scary!!

I agree. If we can finish strong in our defensive recruiting and hire some very good coaches to round out the defensive staff, I will be excited going into spring practice. Offensive line needs to play better in my opinion next season. There was a big drop off from 2013. I really want to see us fundamentally sound on defense and play with a Nick Fairly attitude. We have got to have a consistent pass rush and a stone wall front line otherwise you put too much pressure on your LB and secondary. We saw that happen all season. No one likes the way this season ended, especially Gus. I think he will have us playing on a different level next year. If not, things could get interesting.

We have a lot of 'holes' to fill on both sides of the ball, I like your enthusiasm about the future….but we have exceeded our expectation when we fly under the radar….maybe it'll be the same next year…looking ahead I would see the 'experts' in the mid-range of the SEC-West…1. ala 2. lsu 3. AU/MSU. 5. ark Tam/Ole Miss

I'm hoping that Muschamp will get the dead weight off the field on defense. If he does that and instills a killer attitude in the defensive players we already have we will be fine. I can live with defensive mistakes if they are done with 100 percent effort and attitude.

I agree we will be much improved next year. We have alot of young guys that did not play much or red shirted. We have some play makers on both sides of the ball like adams, lawson, duke, JJ, Rock, JR, and several others. If coach WM can make this defence fundamentaly sound and a few young guys or freshmen will step up we have the potental to be one of the better teams in the SEC.

Why does everyone think Carl Lawson was a huge contributor last year? He was nowhere near Dee Ford's level and shouldn't be mentioned in the same light. He had some very good plays but wasn't consistently causing problems for offenses like some would lead you to believe. He has the ability to be great, but I just don't think he's there yet. Plus he's coming off ACL surgery he might not even reach his pre-injury potential. Not knocking Lawson because, while we have seen flashes, we haven't seen enough to label him as the DL savior YET. He made a handful of impact plays as a true frosh but so did Gabe Wright. He certainly has the ability but I personally need to see more before getting too excited.

I hope he makes me eat these words next season in the worst way!!

I hope you're right! Hiring Will Muschamp should help, because defense wins championships

You're close, but a TEAM playing defense, offense and specical teams wins chapmpionships.

This year we clearly regressed which has many of us concerned. I do think Muschamp will improve our D however I don't think we can just say we will be "great". I hope for improved play and a major improvement on intensity snd focus. Then I hope for a top 2016 recruiting class to make up for our losses this yr at positions of need.

I think we will be fine at wr and I know we will be great at rb. With Duke back I think you will see some of the younger guys like Stevens and Truitt step up. I think Marcus Davis has already proven himself a hell of a receiver and has made big catches every chance he gets. If u look at this year's wr roster I think you can see a pretty deep core group back next year and we may still add a big time recruit before it's said and done. Guys like Stevens have all the potential in the world but no shot of breaking thru the 2 deep with the seniors we had plus Coates and duke. Next year we will see it.

At running back we will have a log jam of highly touted guys competing. Roc showed flashes of greatness and we have been told that Barber and Pettway are capable. Add Jovon Robinson who anyone can see is going to be great, if past performance means anything, to Kerryon Johnson and that spells a DEEP pool of rbs contending for the rushing title yet again.

The line will be intact and with experience under their belt should be better as long as someone steps in for RD. We have been told that Dampeer is the heir apparent but there are at least 2 others I believe capable in Gholston or sliding over A. Young and the line will be complete. The only worry I have is finding a better blocking back. We sorely missed Prosch this year. He really was a key piece of the puzzle and his absence was apparent this year. If u go back and watch games this year and focus on H back the production was horrific. Missed blocks 7 out of 10 times. Diving at feet and whiffing completely was commonplace. They also almost never got to 2nd level effectively. I don't want to call him out but seriously, it was BAAAAAADDDDD.

The line will be intact and with experience under their belt should be better as long as someone steps in for RD. We have been told that Dampeer is the heir apparent but there are at least 2 others I believe capable in Gholston or sliding over A. Young and the line will be complete. The only worry I have is finding a better blocking back. We sorely missed Prosch this year. He really was a key piece of the puzzle and his absence was apparent this year. If u go back and watch games this year and focus on H back the production was horrific. Missed blocks 7 out of 10 times. Diving at feet and whiffing completely was commonplace. They also almost never got to 2nd level effectively. I don't want to call him out but seriously, it was BAAAAAADDDDD.

LT is not yet solid. Shon has some work to do in the offseason. I know we have other talented linemen but if he can't make it work then we've got to plug someone else in there that hasn't played that spot much or at all.

If u listen to Cole Cubelic, the H back was not the problem after about the third game of the year. I trust his opinion since he studies the film and played at a high level.

I agree. I think most of us overlook the fact that the schedule this year was ridiculous and consider all the talent we lost. Especially the 1-2-3 punch of Robinson, Prosch, and Mason. We have a lot of rebuilding to do from our 2012 season, we were just fortunate last season. But this next year, adding Muschamp and TRob to the staff, there should be a huge difference with high expectations. Gus doesn't go down easy, and this season is driving him crazy and he is disappointed in it. Expect big things next year with a favorable schedule.

If u listen to Cole Cubelic, the H back was not the problem after about the third game of the year. I trust his opinion since he studies the film and played at a high level.

I've been saying this all year, people like the cliches though

Why does everyone think Carl Lawson was a huge contributor last year? He was nowhere near Dee Ford's level and shouldn't be mentioned in the same light. He had some very good plays but wasn't consistently causing problems for offenses like some would lead you to believe. He has the ability to be great, but I just don't think he's there yet. Plus he's coming off ACL surgery he might not even reach his pre-injury potential. Not knocking Lawson because, while we have seen flashes, we haven't seen enough to label him as the DL savior YET. He made a handful of impact plays as a true frosh but so did Gabe Wright. He certainly has the ability but I personally need to see more before getting too excited.

IMO, Gave Wright hasn't had the impact in his entire career that Lawson had last year. As a true freshman, he was drawing double teams from the aTm game on allowing Ford to shine. As a Sr. Ford was top notch but Lawsons presence helped towards the end of the year.

IMO, Gave Wright hasn't had the impact in his entire career that Lawson had last year. As a true freshman, he was drawing double teams from the aTm game on allowing Ford to shine. As a Sr. Ford was top notch but Lawsons presence helped towards the end of the year.

Yep.

I don't expect our defense to better next year. We lose five defensive lineman and have hardly any replacements.

I think the new staff will coach the talent better and we will see improvement. I expect Tre Williams and D. Davis to really contribute too.

What happen to Mckinzy playing some at DE? He should prolly move there full time next year. I just don't see how Whitaker, Wright, Blackson, Owens were all 4* but made no impact at all for four years. I mean these guys were four year starters and pushed around all year. Terrible.

I don't know about what anyone has said about h back, all I'm saying is I have myself gone back and watched a ton of plays from thus season and watched specifically the h-back play and what I saw was terrible. Every single game there were numerous plays where everyone did their job except for the h back. Often it looked like that was the sole difference between a play working or not. When called on to stay at line and pass block was especially troubling. No cliche here

Archived