Problem with Recruiting

bg5

I am sure this problem is not unique to Auburn but it does strike me funny the ups and downs of it all. A couple of weeks ago we had very good Off. recruiting going on and everyone was very upset about how bad the Def. was doing. This weekend we will bring in one of the finest groups ever full of great Def. players. Now things look really good on that side. Here's the problem, as I said a couple of weeks ago we were not doing good on the D side and now that we have a chance with so many great players we need to be sure that we don't get to caught up in the players we miss on. It does look like we will get a few of these guys and that's great but after watching recruiting for the last couple of years we tend to get more upset over the one or two we don't get rather than excited with all the good ones we do get. With this many great players showing us interest this late in the game we surely won't get them all. But I for one am so excited to see what we end up with. I think these next couple of weeks are going to be great and with this much talent the future of the program will be stronger than ever.

There will always be players we miss on and some posters will anguish and blame one reason or another when we do miss. Happens with every school fan base at some point. I tend to try to be happy with whom we get and hope they turn out to be great players and great Auburn men. JMHO and WDE.

We will finish strong, and it won't be a disappointment. Even if we miss out on some, there will be some that will make up for those we missed on. Next year will be exciting no matter who signs on NSD.

I am sure this problem is not unique to Auburn but it does strike me funny the ups and downs of it all. A couple of weeks ago we had very good Off. recruiting going on and everyone was very upset about how bad the Def. was doing. This weekend we will bring in one of the finest groups ever full of great Def. players. Now things look really good on that side. Here's the problem, as I said a couple of weeks ago we were not doing good on the D side and now that we have a chance with so many great players we need to be sure that we don't get to caught up in the players we miss on. It does look like we will get a few of these guys and that's great but after watching recruiting for the last couple of years we tend to get more upset over the one or two we don't get rather than excited with all the good ones we do get. With this many great players showing us interest this late in the game we surely won't get them all. But I for one am so excited to see what we end up with. I think these next couple of weeks are going to be great and with this much talent the future of the program will be stronger than ever.

This is not a problem with recruiting. It's just the nature of the beast. It will happen every year and every where. Fans are always going to overreact positively or negatively to getting or not getting the believed big fish on their board.

The biggest problem with recruiting is Ole Miss stole Tony Bridges from us (Old news).... I just found out...

I wonder if he is regretting his decision now that we have new coaches?

The biggest problem with recruiting is Ole Miss stole Tony Bridges from us (Old news).... I just found out...

Doubt it. He's all about repping the state of Mississippi.

Doubt it. He's all about repping the state of Mississippi.

I bet he regrets it when JJ and Duke torches him. Lol

He's walking into a guaranteed starting job. Probably not regretting his choice.

He will be a very good player for them too.

Archived