2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

For what it's worth, I just scanned the front pages of two free FSU boards. Not a peep.

May be true, may not. At this point cannot confirm or refute.

WDE!

It would be all over that site and tweet s everywhere if he was there.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I just scanned the front pages of two free FSU boards. Not a peep.

May be true, may not. At this point cannot confirm or refute.

WDE!

It would be all over that site and tweet s everywhere if he was there.

Exactly. He is a top 5 recruit in the country. People basically know every time he steps outside his house. It is like recruiting paparazzi.

Sounds like Florida is coming on strong with him right now. E do you think we are still above 50% on him?

Sounds like Florida is coming on strong with him right now. E do you think we are still above 50% on him?

1 crystal ball pick to Florida is not coming on strong people. Sheesh!

UF may be coming on strong but I have seen no indication of it.

UF stands in the same position they did last week with Byron. No move has been made. Not sure where you heard they were coming on strong. Just this morning in the Orlando Sentinel they said Byron would be a long shot for UF to get

People listen to someone who really doesn't know and they get all discombobulated over it and start to panic.

Well, with Callaway, Yeldon, Liner, Foster, Evans, and Tana Patrick all in the very recent past, it is understandable why some people start to panic.

Shannon Terry (CEO of 247) CB'd him to FL.

Is he more reliable than Hoke and KN on AU recruits?

Sometimes those CB's create interest, Or hit's to their websites, And this time of year is prime "sign up" time.

with Tana Patrick all in the very recent past, it is understandable why some people start to panic.

Tana Patrick was a North Jackson High graduate. Auburn has had ZERO opportunities with North Jackson High graduates thanks to Ray Keller.

In other words, he was a want, but never a possibility.

Sometimes those CB's create interest, Or hit's to their websites, And this time of year is prime "sign up" time.

Very true, but FWIW, they do at least post their CB results for all to see on their respective profile pages.

Shannon Terry: 2015 Stats: 116 out of 176 (65.91 %) | AVG days Correct: 152.92 | Rank: 6

Hoke: 2015 Stats: 7 out of 8 (87.50 %) | AVG days Correct: 24.57 | Rank: 192

KN: 2015 Stats: 75 out of 98 (76.53 %) | AVG days Correct: 123 | Rank: 17

Shannon Terry is a huge updyke and the owner of 247, former owner of Rivals. I'm not sure how he would know much and likely just stirring the pot and drumming up hits.

Shannon Terry is a huge updyke and the owner of 247, former owner of Rivals. I'm not sure how he would know much and likely just stirring the pot and drumming up hits.

That's why I asked who is the most reliable in picking AU recruits.

I can't give the appropriate answer to that because this is a family site.

The FSU guy flipped his pick from FSU to UF. Apparently, Armwood is all Gator usually.

Isnt that where Eric Smith came from?

Back on Cowart, as long as we land him I will be happy.

People listen to someone who really doesn't know and they get all discombobulated over it and start to panic.

Well, with Callaway, Yeldon, Liner, Foster, Evans, and Tana Patrick all in the very recent past, it is understandable why some people start to panic.

What the crap does Tana have to do with the rest? We never led for him the second half of his recruiting year.

According to Finescum, Auburn felt like they we're going to land Tana Patrick on signing day. Saban must have felt that way as well since he gave his first annual "Nick Saban" scholarship to Patrick's girlfriend the day before signing day in order to get him to sign with UAT.

This is the current 247 CB rankings

Florida 61% Auburn 29% Florida State 9%

And they don't mean jack crap. The only CBs tyhat have any value whatsoever are vy the 247 writers for the teams involved in the players recruitment. In this case that Hoke & Keith for AU and Stampini for UF. If Hoke or Keith pick Florida then you can worry. Til then chillax everybody.

I don't remember Tana Patrick, possibly for the reasons E mentioned. With all the others there were warning signs way ahead of time that were ignored for whatever reason. Cowart is not playing games with Auburn and there are no underlying issues that would inhibit him. Now he may not sign with Auburn but there's nothing sneaky going on here.

The only thing that I know is that everything has gone as well as it possibly could have with Mr. Cowart. He had a great visit; he had a great in-home visit; we have the major that he wants to pursue; he left his UF visit early instead of staying all weekend; he canceled his FSU visit; he didn't go with Jefferson & Holland to Ole Miss; and we have the best connection with him off all staffs with the addition of Muschamp & T-Rob.

I do wish the coaches would have waited to have their Malzahn in-home visit this weekend to make the last impression on Byron. And it would have been nice to get him back up here with Holland this weekend, but other than that, I'm not sure what we could have done!

Archived