2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

The only thing that I know is that everything has gone as well as it possibly could have with Mr. Cowart. He had a great visit; he had a great in-home visit; we have the major that he wants to pursue; he left his UF visit early instead of staying all weekend; he canceled his FSU visit; he didn't go with Jefferson & Holland to Ole Miss; and we have the best connection with him off all staffs with the addition of Muschamp & T-Rob.

I do wish the coaches would have waited to have their Malzahn in-home visit this weekend to make the last impression on Byron. And it would have been nice to get him back up here with Holland this weekend, but other than that, I'm not sure what we could have done!

can we pin this post.

WDE

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People listen to someone who really doesn't know and they get all discombobulated over it and start to panic.

Well, with Callaway, Yeldon, Liner, Foster, Evans, and Tana Patrick all in the very recent past, it is understandable why some people start to panic.

Panic is a good word for it, because panic is an irrational reaction to a situation.

Cowart's recruitment has very little in common with anyone on that list. He might sign with us, he might not. But I'm confident of one thing, there hasn't been and won't be any shenanigans like with those other guys.

WDE!

According to Finescum, Auburn felt like they we're going to land Tana Patrick on signing day. Saban must have felt that way as well since he gave his first annual "Nick Saban" scholarship to Patrick's girlfriend the day before signing day in order to get him to sign with UAT.

This is EXACTLY why I was referring to Tana Patrick. We DID feel like we could land him on signing day, and just as CameronCrazy said, Saban gave Patricks girlfriend a free ride just before signing day. I remember this like it was yesterday. I am shocked that you dont E.

Anyway back to Cowart, even though he hasnt played the type of games some others have, SOMETHING is going on. And its just happened. Whether it actually effects his signing remains to be seen. But something has changed in the last 12 hours.

I think it is pretty pathetic that people on this board are living and dying on the decision of a seventeen year old kid, All I hope is that Byron Cowart makes the decision that is right for him, right for his family, and right for his future. From all I have read, he appears to have a good head on his shoulders and has conducted himself in a honest and mature way. I wish him all the luck in the world, wherever he chooses to go. In closing, as an Auburn man, I hope he chooses to come to Auburn. I know it is a decision he will never regret.

I think we need to get Muschamp and T-Rob to visit him before tomorrow night in order to seal the deal. Florida coaches apparently visited him yesterday at his school which may have made an impact.

According to Finescum, Auburn felt like they we're going to land Tana Patrick on signing day. Saban must have felt that way as well since he gave his first annual "Nick Saban" scholarship to Patrick's girlfriend the day before signing day in order to get him to sign with UAT.

This is EXACTLY why I was referring to Tana Patrick. We DID feel like we could land him on signing day, and just as CameronCrazy said, Saban gave Patricks girlfriend a free ride just before signing day. I remember this like it was yesterday. I am shocked that you dont E.

Anyway back to Cowart, even though he hasnt played the type of games some others have, SOMETHING is going on. And its just happened. Whether it actually effects his signing remains to be seen. But something has changed in the last 12 hours.

I didn't mean to stir everything up I just heard the guy that CB'ed him to FL felt confident about it. It was just a question. I am not any kind of insider so I was just asking.

I didn't meant to stir everything up I just heard the guy that CB'ed him to FL felt confident about it. It was just a question. I am not any kind of insider so I was just asking.

You little pot stirrer. J/K. Thanks for bringing the info. War Eagle.

A VERY close acquaintance of mine spotted Ray Keller and Tana Patrick eating dinner together several times while he was in High School.

If you don't know who Keller is, ask the NCAA. They know him better than they know Saban.

Or simply Google him + Kenny Smith.

North Jackson High to bammer is a bulletproof pipeline.

Giving his gf a free ride had nothing to do with closing the deal.

I didn't mean to stir everything up I just heard the guy that CB'ed him to FL felt confident about it. It was just a question. I am not any kind of insider so I was just asking.

Florida is still a possibility. It always has been. Nothing is set in stone until he actually signs his LOI and faxes it in.

What is your source for this information? You seem to have some hard facts about the last 12 houes. Care to share?

What is your source for this information? You seem to have some hard facts about the last 12 houes. Care to share?

I agree, it seems like there has been nothing but ambiguous to good news from the kid. Why is there reason to even begin to think something is up?

I agree, it seems like there has been nothing but ambiguous to good news from the kid. Why is there reason to even begin to think something is up?

Bc twitter is blowing up with relevant media changing their CB to Florida. Including JCS, Goldkemp, and Newburg.

IMO, Cowart is the most important recruit for this class. To lose him (if we ever had him) would really be bad.

wde

The only thing that I know is that everything has gone as well as it possibly could have with Mr. Cowart. He had a great visit; he had a great in-home visit; we have the major that he wants to pursue; he left his UF visit early instead of staying all weekend; he canceled his FSU visit; he didn't go with Jefferson & Holland to Ole Miss; and we have the best connection with him off all staffs with the addition of Muschamp & T-Rob.

I do wish the coaches would have waited to have their Malzahn in-home visit this weekend to make the last impression on Byron. And it would have been nice to get him back up here with Holland this weekend, but other than that, I'm not sure what we could have done!

can we pin this post.

WDE

This makes far more sense than all of the knucklehead recruiting services. Let's put our hopes on a great school and a great coaching staff.

Bc twitter is blowing up with relevant media changing their CB to Florida. Including JCS, Goldkemp, and Newburg.

Haven't seen it. Link? He's in Auburn and CB's being changed to Fl? Makes zero sense.

more over reaction

Haven't seen it. Link? He's in Auburn and CB's being changed to Fl? Makes zero sense.

Holland is in Auburn. Cowart is laying low

This is the Cowart thread, not in AU. It's in twitter and can be found easily. Not able to link at the moment.

Holland is in Auburn. Cowart is laying low

JC still has Auburn. The only guy who could have some info who changed was the FSU guy Newberg. The others are just copying his pick.

Archived