2015 3* OL Mike Horton flips from UF to AU!

RunInRed

Might be a tough choice for Horton if it is his choice. OL might be the better option long term and at the next level, but would likely be two years before Mike would get any significant PT. Most certainly he would see plenty of action as a true freshman at DT. Interesting dilemma for Horton and coaching staff.

He won't see action as a true freshman on either side of the ball. That's the most likely outcome. I can name basically four locks in the DT rotation (Adams, Daniel, Russell, and Swain). All of those guys have either (1) experience at DT at the collegiate level and/or (2) more developed bodies. Toss in Devaroe Lawrence and possibly Davonte Lambert shuttling inside on rush downs. I have serious doubts that Johnson or Horton have any chance to factor into that rotation. Size is often necessary at the position, but it isn't sufficient to get you on the field.

Definitely agree on Johnson. But Horton is underrated IMO and athletic enough to play D1 DL. If Muschamp didn't think Horton could possibly play early I don't think he would be pushing to get MH on defensive side of the ball. Unlike with Coach Ellis I expect CWM to make personnel decisions on defense instead of CRG this year. I just can't picture Will up in the box.

What does location have to do with in-game personnel? You don't set rotations during the second quarter. I highly doubt any true freshman is cracking the DT rotation.

What does location have to do with in-game personnel? You don't set rotations during the second quarter. I highly doubt any true freshman is cracking the DT rotation.

Horton starts by the 7th game. Book it.

Archived