Brian Wiliams Caught Lying

Proud Tiger

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

BTW, it is being reported the Brian Williams is out.

I am guilty as charged on this. Thanks for clarifying. Have a good evening.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

If it's that excellent, then advertisers would be willing to pay for it on Pay TV. Should not be taxed to support it.

Those programs do have private funding. I'm sorry you do not appreciate them.

If it's that excellent, then advertisers would be willing to pay for it on Pay TV. Should not be taxed to support it.

Not to mention, only about 2% of NPR's funding comes from govt funding, much of that from competitive grants. PBS receives even less. They weaned them off govt funding starting in the late 70s. I. Other words, we aren't being "taxed to support it."

Don't forget Masterpiece Theater. My wife is obsessed with Downton Abbey.

No one does period pieces better than the British. And what a partnership the BBC/PBS has been over the years!

Not to mention, only about 2% of NPR's funding comes from govt funding, much of that from competitive grants. PBS receives even less. They weaned them off govt funding starting in the late 70s. I. Other words, we aren't being "taxed to support it."

Zero % tax funding is desirable.

Fine, but they are mostly competing for grants, not people "being taxed to pay for it." People blow this issue up like the only reason they can survive on air is that it's some quasi-Federal gov't branch raking in tax dollars. It's just not true and people need to quit pushing it as a thing.

Me and my wife are obsessed with Downton Abbey. And we're about to start Mr. Selfridge.

This NPR/PBS issue is the proverbial tempest in a teapot...a factless meme that serves as red meat for a certain segment of the GOP.

Fine, but they are mostly competing for grants, not people "being taxed to pay for it." People blow this issue up like the only reason they can survive on air is that it's some quasi-Federal gov't branch raking in tax dollars. It's just not true and people need to quit pushing it as a thing.

I didn't think I did. If so, I was wrong. In 2015, I see no need for public funding of any kind for "public radio ". That's all...

You don't know much about viewing habits.

Looks like MSNBC has been covering up Williams', lies for years:

http://www.al.com/ne...#incart_m-rpt-2

Yep. This story gets uglier every day. He may be forced to take his $$$ and leave.

Cant wait for the smearing of the pilot about to happen in 3-2-1...

Has that happened yet? Whom do you anticipate it from ?

I almost feel sorry for Williams. But, you can't save someone from themselves.

10978597_909662729073794_5091762439527078984_n.jpg?oh=9f80f2c344330f55ac269cc2e39a657e&oe=5559A4AD

That is hilarious! Thank you!

That is a very impressive photoshop. I laughed too.

Anyone know who the general is? (I don't)

Gen. Erasmus Keyes (I think).

That's Lincoln and Major General John McClernand at Antietam, I believe.

That's Lincoln and Major General John McClernand at Antietam, I believe.

Yep

PinkLinkMc_alternate.jpg

Yep. This story gets uglier every day. He may be forced to take his $$$ and leave.

It hasnt as yet and i stand corrected. I am actually pleasantly shocked that it didnt happen,

If Williams does hire an attorney or a PR Firm , i bet it will happen then tho.

Frankly the thought of these "infotainment" media personalities cannibalizing each other doesn't really bother me all that much.

What do you think Walter Cronkite was ? Same thing, only the first of a long line of infotainment anchors.

It hasnt as yet and i stand corrected. I am actually pleasantly shocked that it didnt happen,

If Williams does hire an attorney or a PR Firm , i bet it will happen then tho.

No advantage in trashing this guy. The truth is known and not disputed.

Frankly the thought of these "infotainment" media personalities cannibalizing each other doesn't really bother me all that much.

What do you think Walter Cronkite was ? Same thing, only the first of a long line of infotainment anchors.

Hardly. Things were totally different then. I know cause I was there.

Archived