Brian Wiliams Caught Lying

Proud Tiger

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like MSNBC has been covering up Williams', lies for years:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/army_pilot_now_living_in_enter.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Yep. This story gets uglier every day. He may be forced to take his $$$ and leave.

Well.... yeah! Who wouldn't lie about it? :dunno:

And we see the sort of character homer has.

Never mind the fact that Bill cheated on his wife, with an intern about the same age as his own daughter. Homer doesn't mind that one damn bit.

God, but you are predictable. :laugh:

And so are you. Lying is just fine, if you're a Lefty. But anyone else ?? Commence the attack !!

HiTlary pulled the same crap. Her story,gosh there are so many lies from that woman,oh that's right. Her lie on this subject was that her group came under sniper fire and they were forced to duck and cover. News footage later that day shows her calmly hugging small school children after departing helicopter. Later she says she was sleepy and "mis-remembered."THEN, she continues to tell the SAME LIE over and over and over at every speech for many WEEKS until she is called on it again by then CNN's Geraldo. Yes Sir, it is gonna be fun to watch what else she is FORCED to mis-remember.

HiTlary pulled the same crap. Her story,gosh there are so many lies from that woman,oh that's right. Her lie on this subject was that her group came under sniper fire and they were forced to duck and cover. News footage later that day shows her calmly hugging small school children after departing helicopter. Later she says she was sleepy and "mis-remembered."THEN, she continues to tell the SAME LIE over and over and over at every speech for many WEEKS until she is called on it again by then CNN's Geraldo. Yes Sir, it is gonna be fun to watch what else she is FORCED to mis-remember.

We know the GOP would never sanction it, but some candidate or group should run an ad in the upcoming campaign, where we hear the audio of Hillary talking about the sniper fire she came under, and having to run, ducking across the tarmac, while the ACTUAL video , showing her greeting the children , is shown.

It would demolish her, utterly. But we know the GOP doesn't like to fight dirty. Cowards.

I like Brian Williams. I've thought he was about as middle of the road as a news anchor came these days. And I like him personally having seen his more relaxed moments on SNL and Jimmy Fallon.

But this is a big deal. I read somewhere that people at NBC have been telling him for a while now to stop telling that story in Iraq. They knew it was at best exaggerated. But now there's the Katrina thing and they're just going to keep digging. It's going to be a sad, ignominious end to a solid career.

I like Brian Williams. I've thought he was about as middle of the road as a news anchor came these days. And I like him personally having seen his more relaxed moments on SNL and Jimmy Fallon.

But this is a big deal. I read somewhere that people at NBC have been telling him for a while now to stop telling that story in Iraq. They knew it was at best exaggerated. But now there's the Katrina thing and they're just going to keep digging. It's going to be a sad, ignominious end to a solid career.

No one grandstands more than Geraldo, but at least he's not afraid of being made to look the fool. Unfortunately, there seems to be an urgency for some reporters to earn their ' cred ', and do some reporting while in harm's way. It's a double edged sword w/ Brian. True, his tall tales may be rooted out, and the face of NBC News taken down, but then the reporters risk revealing some of their own " exaggerations " , and in the end, I think they'll circle the wagons and try to brush this aside.

Deconstruction of Brian's Katrina narrative has already begun, and it doesn't look good for him, I'll admit. The quarter wasn't flooded, so it's a valid question to ask exactly where he saw the dead body floating down the middle of some street. And as for dysentery ? There were no reported cases. The flood happened AFTER the hurricane, so he'd have to have symptoms crop up 1-3 days after the flooding occurred.

Symptoms normally present themselves after one to three days and are usually no longer present after a week. - Wiki

I'd like to know exactly how Brian " accidentally " ingested some flood water... and I'm not the only one.

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown Questions Brian Williams' Hurricane Katrina Claims Of French Quarter Flooding, Dysentery

“I’ve never heard, never heard, of dysentery in Hurricane Katrina, anywhere. Biloxi [Mississippi] all the way to the Texas border, I never heard of one case of dysentery,” Brown said. “If you truly have dysentery, you’re not standing up in front of a camera, in front of national news people, giving a report and then going back and sitting on the commode or hunched in your bed for the next five hours and then get up and do it again. If you truly have dysentery, you’re down and out.”

LINK

I think the dysentery could be more easily explained away. He could have just had a bout of diarrhea and assumed it was because he drank some flood tainted water or something and called it dysentery.

The floating body thing is more troublesome but I could allow for that being a conflation of two memories....where he was staying and seeing the body at some point during his time down there.

But to me the Iraq thing is impossible to explain that way. Not for someone as sharp and educated as Williams is. I just don't think you 'misremember' being shot down or taking RPG fire or whatever. Especially if you're not a soldier whose used to such dangerous situations.

I means what it says. Fox is a "meme machine".

And I am not defending NBC. I'm a PBS guy. Don't know why everyone isn't.

PBS has its issues too.

Nina Tottenburg says hi...

Brian conflates a lot, huh? Not the quality one would expect in a dependable , honest news reader .

Anyone remember the John Kerry "Ordered into Cambodia by Nixon Christmas of 1968?" He was blown apart by that lie he told for 35 years. Did he pay a price for it?

I dont know, he is SOS right now.

PBS has its issues too.

pbs has TONS of issues. Why are we still forced to pay for that 100% liberal Crap?

Looks like MSNBC has been covering up Williams', lies for years:

http://www.al.com/ne...#incart_m-rpt-2

Yep. This story gets uglier every day. He may be forced to take his $$$ and leave.

Cant wait for the smearing of the pilot about to happen in 3-2-1...

PBS has its issues too.

pbs has TONS of issues. Why are we still forced to pay for that 100% liberal Crap?

Tim, it isnt THAT bad but it isnt that particularly good either.

PBS has its issues too.

Tim, it isnt THAT bad but it isnt that particularly good either.

They have a few good spots of programming (Fresh Air comes to mind) but what they consider to be news is free advertising for the dnc. JMEHO

If that's true, the guy has serious psychological issues.

PBS has its issues too.

Troll.

PBS has its issues too.

Troll.

Troll doll from the 60s...

THAT WAS AWESOME!

Well, according to Homer, who likely doesn't even WATCH Conan, ( you know, personality driven show ) , it's not a big deal. No one is talking about it, save for extreme, far Right wing TEA party loonies.

Like Conan O'Brien.

<_<

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

BTW, it is being reported the Brian Williams is out.

Reports I saw is that Brian will be taking " a few days " off.

That was earlier , though. Might be he's done by now.

Reports I saw is that Brian will be taking " a few days " off.

That was earlier , though. Might be he's done by now.

Yeah, I saw that too. The Yahoo page I saw said he was gone but, that page is no longer available. IDK.

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

BTW, it is being reported the Brian Williams is out.

If it's that excellent, then advertisers would be willing to pay for it on Pay TV. Should not be taxed to support it.

Archived