2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

Someone move this back to the recruiting thread. Auburn still recruiting him.

As some have mentioned previously the only two people that can do that are Titan and E. Neither of which have been online all day. Although i imagine RIR could do it as well

Any MOD can move it. There is already a thread in the recruiting forum, why would we need two?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As some have mentioned previously the only two people that can do that are Titan and E. Neither of which have been online all day. Although i imagine RIR could do it as well

Any MOD can move it. There is already a thread in the recruiting forum, why would we need two?

because

This is Jefferson's reason for not signing and sending in his NLI:

I haven't sent in my LOI because someone told me a few days before NSD that williams was leaving,why send it in without being sure ?
— 7 (@cecejeferson7)
February 6, 2015

What does that even mean?

Does he not like Williams? Or, if someone leaving makes no difference, what why not send in the NLI? Or... What? :dunno:

It means the UF coaches didn't bother to tell him his position coach was leaving. It means he was having second thoughts because there were few if any coaches at UF that he knew and he had no idea who his new position coach would be. Obviously he was OK with Williams, also obvious he had no idea Williams was leaving.

UF coaches purposely kept it from CeCe

Just curious, how long does this saga keep going and how will it end????

I mean, fine CeCe now knows his DL coach won't be returning, now its time to make a decision.

I mean, fine CeCe now knows his DL coach won't be returning, now its time to make a decision.

Heart prediction: it ends tonight at 8:45 CST with a commitment to Auburn! #WDE

Head prediction: it ends tomorrow morning at 8:23 CST with a signing with McInsane's crew in Gainesville

because

That's what I was thinking, but sometimes they just don't get all they want.

Why? Why is it now time to make a decision?

This is Jefferson's reason for not signing and sending in his NLI:

I haven't sent in my LOI because someone told me a few days before NSD that williams was leaving,why send it in without being sure ?
— 7 (@cecejeferson7)
February 6, 2015

What does that even mean?

Does he not like Williams? Or, if someone leaving makes no difference, what why not send in the NLI? Or... What? :dunno:

It means the UF coaches didn't bother to tell him his position coach was leaving. It means he was having second thoughts because there were few if any coaches at UF that he knew and he had no idea who his new position coach would be. Obviously he was OK with Williams, also obvious he had no idea Williams was leaving.

Except the UF staff says (as does Ce Ce himself) that Ce Ce knew Coach Williams was leaving before signing day.

So in Ce Ce's shoes...

1) You don't know the coach is leaving. You commit and fax the NLI.

-OR-

2) You don't know the coach is leaving. You commit, find out afterward that your coach is leaving and in response you don't send in the paperwork.

-OR-

3) You know the coach is leaving. You're good with it and commit on NSD and send in the fax.

How does 'You know the coach is leaving, you commit on NSD and then not send in the NLI' happen?

Seems to me it's either:

1) UF told Ce Ce Coach Williams was leaving and that Rumph would be hired as D-Line coach, which CeCe was cool with, but that hasn't worked out as yet. So Ce Ce will sign when Rumph becomes a Gator.

-OR-

2) UF told Ce Ce the coach switch plan, but not Ce Ce's dad, who took it as an act of disrespect. So now Papa has copped an attitude an is keeping Ce Ce from faxing it in.

Regardless, we'll probably never know what really happened here and nothing in any of this says, "Jefferson flips to Auburn."

This is starting to make less sense than the Cowart fiasco yesterday. In CeCe's post/tweet/ whatever, he says that he knew 3 days before signing that the position coach was leaving. Apparently he wasn't bothered by this since he went ahead and committed to UF. However, if he's pissed that UF didn't reveal to him that the position coach was leaving, why hasn't he picked a different place, or gone ahead and sent the damn papers in to UF? Daddy Jefferson says he wants his son out of the state of Florida (for whatever reason) but apparently Mama Jefferson, who was, according to a poster on here a few days ago, all decked out in Ole Miss gear, wants him to go to UF. Mama can sign for him to go, but won't because Daddy doesn't want him to go to UF---the same Daddy who reportedly has a girlfriend, but is living with Mama. GREAT GOOGLILY MOOGLILY!

I wonder if CeCe has a girlfriend, and if so, will she end up with a job in the University of Alabama athletic dept, or get a scholarship from "Nick's Kids" to go to school there.

And with all of this, AU is, according to many in the SEC and the national media, is the biggest cheater in the history of college football. Jeez Louise.

What more information does he need???? Now he knows everything.

What more information does he need???? Now he knows everything.

I have no idea what more information he might need or want. Maybe he wants to wait and actually talk to the new position coach. Maybe he is seriously thinking of signing with another school, even though UF is his dream. Dreams can and do change.

Why does he have to make a decision right now? The reality is he can wait, finish out his SR year and sign with what ever school he so desires. FACT: There will be plenty of schools that would sign him in June or July in time for opening practices in August.

Okay, first of all, I don't think anyone at Florida told Cece that Williams was leaving. If I had to guess, I would say it was a coach from another school, so he committed as he'd planned to, but held off on sending in the LOI just in case. Now that he knows Williams is, in fact, leaving, he is reevaluating the situation. At least, that seems reasonable to me.

As for all this crap about how NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE and the blame game going on against Jefferson, let us not forget that this kid is still three years from being able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage, and this decision is one that affects the rest of his life. I know how much all the Sunday morning QBs think that he should be on their schedule, but the fact of the matter is that those demanding a decision are essentially throwing a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way. So ask yourself this: how does his decision to sign affect you personally? Because it isn't your life that he's making a decision about, it's his.

I would suggest anyone getting too worked up about this take a step back (maybe even to the point of not paying attention to recruiting at all for a while), breathe, and remember that the sun is warm, the grass is green, and Auburn is still Auburn.

If they really are making Florida coaches miss vacation just to sweat it out for not being honest with them, they need to understand something. If they do sign the LOI, after he reports there is going to be some serious payback from that coaching staff. That would be the same coaching staff that wasn't honest with them in the first place.

Okay, first of all, I don't think anyone at Florida told Cece that Williams was leaving. If I had to guess, I would say it was a coach from another school, so he committed as he'd planned to, but held off on sending in the LOI just in case. Now that he knows Williams is, in fact, leaving, he is reevaluating the situation. At least, that seems reasonable to me.

As for all this crap about how NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE and the blame game going on against Jefferson, let us not forget that this kid is still three years from being able to legally purchase an alcoholic beverage, and this decision is one that affects the rest of his life. I know how much all the Sunday morning QBs think that he should be on their schedule, but the fact of the matter is that those demanding a decision are essentially throwing a hissy fit because they aren't getting their way. So ask yourself this: how does his decision to sign affect you personally? Because it isn't your life that he's making a decision about, it's his.

I would suggest anyone getting too worked up about this take a step back (maybe even to the point of not paying attention to recruiting at all for a while), breathe, and remember that the sun is warm, the grass is green, and Auburn is still Auburn.

:clap:

If they really are making Florida coaches miss vacation just to sweat it out for not being honest with them, they need to understand something. If they do sign the LOI, after he reports there is going to be some serious payback from that coaching staff. That would be the same coaching staff that wasn't honest with them in the first place.

Haha, that's the first thing I thought.

"Hey CeCe, remember that time you made me late for my vacation? The wife wasn't happy. Now you aren't going to be happy."

Only a few more hours and this thread will pass Cowarts. :)

cc coming to Auburn to finish the "three-boomateers" like were talked about after AU visit.of Holland. Cowart, and CeeCee!!!! tri-boom!!!!!!!

You know, I know that this young man is confused and wants to make the decision that is best for him and his family. I would turn back flips worthy of an Olympic gold medal should CeCe decide to pair up with Byron for a wild ride to a couple of NCs before being a 1st round NFL pick.

For those who do not know me and my style of posting, please remember that about 76% of what I post is humor dipped in a huge vat of moonshine and Maalox. I would never contact any of these young men and their HS coaches. No need to send me private messages in that most likely the Mods, (bless their dear souls), will delete what they deem is dangerous and worthy of a weekend stay at Gitmo.

Back to CeCe. If you ever read these posts, know that each one of the Auburn Family wants you to come aboard the finest ship in all of college football. I will never contact you or any of your coaches in an effort to convince you to come to Auburn. Ole Miss is a decent enough school that will give you a decent enough education. Just remember, the likelihood of you playing in anything more than a mid level at best bowl game, is not likely to happen. Choosing Auburn will significantly enhance your chance of playing for SEC titles and being a part of the football final four. I part now with a healthy War Eagle!

while I agree with alot of points... him being far way from buying alcohol has nothing to do with this.

he can decide where he wants to go to college and play football... he brought in a little drama so nothing new here.

The only blame game is coming from UF fans.

here's to hope

:cheers:

Seems like dad has been busy recently fighting off the gator fans on twitter. Should be interesting to watch if things getting ugly on social media sours the family more on a particular fan base.

Seems like dad has been busy recently fighting off the gator fans on twitter. Should be interesting to watch if things getting ugly on social media sours the family more on a particular fan base.

I kind of love it

Archived