2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Integrity is everything. Kudos to parents deflecting the heat to push him to a quick decision.

Each kid is different. Some decisions lean towards business & opportunity where others swing wide toward the emotional ties they have to a school. I don't have a lot of empathy for a coaching staff that is trying to "close the deal" through misrepresentation or deceit. I do feel sorry for CC, if he indeed had his heart set on Florida. In the end, I hope he can be at peace with wherever he goes, even if it works out for UF. It would be nice to see more recruits stand up to coaches misbehavior but then again coaches can afford to railroad most recruits.

No doubt he's got the goods but it matters alot where he goes. Coaches and friends on the team are family. Football at this level is not easy and they count on each other ... alot.

Integrity is everything.

<end>

There's also a few texts floating around that basically says OM's bagman dropped the ball with paying for CeCe and now they're threatening him for the return

You don't really believe crap like that, do you?

I just hope he finds the place that he is comfortable with and that it all works out for him

Auburn.

sure I would love that personally but if it's somewhere else, even bammer, I wish him well.

There's also a few texts floating around that basically says OM's bagman dropped the ball with paying for CeCe and now they're threatening him for the return

You don't really believe crap like that, do you?

Of course not. It is actually a REC Op, but they're having difficulty inventing a credible story for his move to T-Town.

I just hope he finds the place that he is comfortable with and that it all works out for him

Auburn.

sure I would love that personally but if it's somewhere else, even bammer, I wish him well.

It was completely meant as a joke. I hope we all wish what is best for him.

Auburn.

It was completely meant as a joke. I hope we all wish what is best for him.

It's all good. Some of us are not so gracious.

Feel sorry for Florida? Auburn fans feel sorry for Florida? Not me, in a million years! They are one of the richest schools in one of the richest states, talent-wise, in the nation. "The University of Florida". If they can't pull their own weight with all the advantages they have, to hell with 'em.

I don't recall anybody from UF saying "wait until the facts are in" when we were going through the Cam Newton fiasco. All I heard from my Florida branch of the family was a bunch of laughter and comments about "dirty school Auburn". I hope Jefferson ends up at Auburn. If not here, then anywhere except Tuscaloosa or Gainesville will be fine.

I feel so sorry for UF's recruiting and coaching situation that I hope uat has the same experience next year.

Someone move this back to the recruiting thread. Auburn still recruiting him.

As some have mentioned previously the only two people that can do that are Titan and E. Neither of which have been online all day. Although i imagine RIR could do it as well

Feel sorry for Florida? Auburn fans feel sorry for Florida? Not me, in a million years! They are one of the richest schools in one of the richest states, talent-wise, in the nation. "The University of Florida". If they can't pull their own weight with all the advantages they have, to hell with 'em.

I don't recall anybody from UF saying "wait until the facts are in" when we were going through the Cam Newton fiasco. All I heard from my Florida branch of the family was a bunch of laughter and comments about "dirty school Auburn". I hope Jefferson ends up at Auburn. If not here, then anywhere except Tuscaloosa or Gainesville will be fine.

I feel so sorry for UF's recruiting and coaching situation that I hope uat has the same experience next year.

Hahaha! Yes, it's a shame I would wish upon the goons of the world any day.

Sounds like Auburn coaches and some signees are pushing really hard for him right now.

And I don't know if it has already been said, but Leo, CeCe's dad, followed Gus on twitter just recently, and Gus follows him too I'm pretty sure. His dad doesn't follow any UF coaches. Don't know if that means anything at all...but it's interesting for sure.

As much as I would like for this kid to come to AU, I have to say I kinda feel sorry for the Florida fans since we Auburn fans went through this just yesterday with Cowart and a few years ago with Cyrus Kouandjo (I'm sure I mispelled his last name). From what I have been reading it's his father who's refusing to sign the forms, and apparently all the father is admitting is that he is the hold-up, but he's not telling why. The cynic in me is screaming "REC."

I agree.

CeCe Jefferson's father tells Gainesville Sun "I want CeCe to go somewhere else"

It would seem Florida has a new production on its hands: As CeCe Jefferson's Dad Turns continued on Thursday afternoon with Leo Jefferson, CeCe's father, telling The Gainesville Sun's Zach Abolverdi that he won't let his son fax his National Letter of Intent to Florida.

"No sir, and it’s not going to," he said. "You tell the Gainesville Sun that he isn't going to fax it in. I won't let him."

Abolverdi notes that Jefferson turned 19 last week, but that's immaterial when discussing the National Letter of Intent, which requires an additional signature from a parent or guardian from any signatory under the age of 21.

Jefferson went on to give actual reasoning for not signing his son's NLI.

"I’m a die-hard Gator fan, but personally, I want CeCe to go somewhere else," Jefferson said. "I wanted to get him away from home. I didn’t want him in Gainesville, to tell you the truth."

Which, well, okay, cool: I get a parent wanting a child to branch out and not stay so close to home. Jefferson's mother, of course, wants her son close to home, and Jefferson himself seems to want that, too, but this is at least a more legitimate response from Leo Jefferson to "Why won't you let your son do what he wants?" than the "I can't tell you that" he gave 247Sports.

It's probably not the best reason for preventing a 19-year-old man from doing what he wants, but at least it's a reason.

link

You KNOW if he comes to Auburn, the entire SEC is going to say we paid him...

On the other hand, who cares? <_</>

I'm with you on that. I long ago quit caring what everyone else thought.

Archived