2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

It was entertaining while it lasted, but 90 percent of the signs now point to nothing to see here (well, plenty to see here, but nothing to come of it). Now on to 2016 recruiting threads and here's to the top class next year!

We're still in it. Not trying to be rude, but there's a serious chance.

Not rude at all, Clayton! No offense taken to difference of opinion. Cece's tweets kind of swayed me. Why draw all that attention in a definitive statement if it's not gonna be your definitive statement?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is clearly a "joke"...you guys realize that, right?

Wow, metafore you are simply so intelligent! Thanks for clearing all of this up for us! You da man, like wow!!

You do realize there have been plenty so far who haven't figured out this is a joke.

It was entertaining while it lasted, but 90 percent of the signs now point to nothing to see here (well, plenty to see here, but nothing to come of it). Now on to 2016 recruiting threads and here's to the top class next year!

Even with him tweeting all that gator crap?

Yeah....that's a good question clayton ....but in this case, I was curious what was being said about recruiting and CeCe...serves me right... :hammerin:

Not rude at all, Clayton! No offense taken to difference of opinion. Cece's tweets kind of swayed me. Why draw all that attention in a definitive statement if it's not gonna be your definitive statement?

Because media is making a big deal out of everything. He wants to go to UF but guess who's NLI still isn't in two days in a row? He's mad that his DL coach did him wrong and his parents don't want him at UF, clearly. The staff is cautiously optimistic about all of this. He may very well want to be at UF, he may very well be apart of "gator gang" but if he was and his parents "support him regardless" why isn't there an NLI in to UF? I think all 4 schools have a chance. Seriously.

My question is...If he is all gator, then why would it matter who the DL coach is...send it in already. I understand wanting to know who your position coach will be, but don't tweet out I'm all gator or I'm gator bound if you still have doubts about the DL coach.

His parents don't want him to go to UF. CeCe is a gator at heart but has good reasons to be angry with them himself.

Thanks for bringing sanity Britt.

The UF coaches wanted the NLI faxed in by 8:30 so they could go on vacation!!!!

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/05/cece-jeffersons-dad-tweets-yes-we-are-holding-out/

The father’s tweet comes just a few hours after reports surfaced that defensive line coach Terrell Williams, whose only been at UF for a month, is leaving for a job in the NFL. Williams is expected to be replaced by Chris Rumph, who held the same position at Texas and is a highly-regarded assistant in the profession.

“The Florida staff never told us he was leaving,” the dad said in the Rivals interview. “We don’t know (Rumph) at all. …

“The staff should have considered being honest with us about the (coach) change. They haven’t pursued CeCe nearly as hard as others and I’m not sure why.”

The elder claimed that new UF head coach Jim McElwain is the only coach among those who were recruiting his son who hasn’t called his son since the drama broke out yesterday. “Coaches from schools CeCe wasn’t listing as finalists have all called,” Leo added. He also claimed that “[t]he coaches at Florida wanted the [NLI] signed by 8:30 this morning so they could go on vacation.”

As for the parents not being willing to sign the NLI?

Leo said CeCe himself is not ready to sign it. “He told me that yesterday after his announcement,” Leo said, adding he would have been glad to sign and fax the letter to Florida if that’s what his son wanted.

And people wonder why so many are turned off by recruiting? Here’s yet another sign.

If the young man wants to go to UF, it's really only a matter of time before his folks relent and he's a gator. If the folks wanted UF, but Ce Ce wanted to go somewhere else, I'd be hopeful for a flip to AU.

Wow, metafore you are simply so intelligent! Thanks for clearing all of this up for us! You da man, like wow!!

Wow, AU-24 obviously you over looked those running with wild rumors as if they are gospel truth.

Seems to me if he was serious about a package deal, he would have signed with AU from the word go. Especially after seeing cowart and holland finalizing the deal. To me, he's not sure of himself on what he wants in life, or afraid of taking a step in life on his own. Something his own father has already spoke on.

His parents don't want him to go to UF. CeCe is a gator at heart but has good reasons to be angry with them himself.

Exactly. People should give the kid some time to think things out. Let him decide where he wants to go. I for one do not want him at AU if his heart is in Florida.

Wow, AU-24 obviously you over looked those running with wild rumors as if they are gospel truth.

That's what I'm saying!!

This is Jefferson's reason for not signing and sending in his NLI:

I haven't sent in my LOI because someone told me a few days before NSD that williams was leaving,why send it in without being sure ?
— 7 (@cecejeferson7)
February 6, 2015

What does that even mean?

Does he not like Williams? Or, if someone leaving makes no difference, what why not send in the NLI? Or... What? :dunno:

This is Jefferson's reason for not signing and sending in his NLI:

I haven't sent in my LOI because someone told me a few days before NSD that williams was leaving,why send it in without being sure ?
— 7 (@cecejeferson7)
February 6, 2015

What does that even mean?

Does he not like Williams? Or, if someone leaving makes no difference, what why not send in the NLI? Or... What? :dunno:

It means the UF coaches didn't bother to tell him his position coach was leaving. It means he was having second thoughts because there were few if any coaches at UF that he knew and he had no idea who his new position coach would be. Obviously he was OK with Williams, also obvious he had no idea Williams was leaving.

Archived