Auburn Future Power Five Non-Conference Opponent(s) in 2018 & 2019

WarEagleAU

Why would we agree to playing FSU in Jacksonville? Play it in New Orleans so both schools have relatively equal distances to travel.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. We don't get nearly as many players from Louisiana as we do from Florida. It's the same reason why playing neutral site games in Atlanta and Dallas make sense. Go play where the players are while gaining national exposure from the marquee matchup.

They would recieve just as much exposure in Auburn and Tallahassee. Every game is televised. If I'm JJ I only agree to a home and home. No reason for the states of Florida and Georgia to recieve the extra income.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would we agree to playing FSU in Jacksonville? Play it in New Orleans so both schools have relatively equal distances to travel.

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. We don't get nearly as many players from Louisiana as we do from Florida. It's the same reason why playing neutral site games in Atlanta and Dallas make sense. Go play where the players are while gaining national exposure from the marquee matchup.

They would recieve just as much exposure in Auburn and Tallahassee. Every game is televised. If I'm JJ I only agree to a home and home. No reason for the states of Florida and Georgia to recieve the extra income.

Exposure isn't really the issue at hand. Playing in front of their hometown or family? Now that's a selling point. Don't forget, we play at Florida in 2019 too. So we can now promise recruits in that area two straight years of playing a game at or near home, since Jacksonville and Gainesville are close to each other. That's a bigger selling point than most people realize.

It's the same reason Pac-12 North schools practically demanded that they play a game every two years against L.A. based teams on the road, even though they are in opposite divisions.

One other example would be the cocktail party. Why would UGA continually agree to play a game that is so much closer to Gainesville than it is Athens? Some will say tradition, but I would argue recruiting plays a big part here too.

I'm surprised that since FSU wants t play us again, their not trying to get a home/home series. But this time, their shooting for a one game deal to be played in the Gator bowl.

Archived