Have you ever wondered...

MDM4AU

...who out there would make a great president but because of the way we attack and debone everyone before they officially become a candidate they won't even whisper in prayer that they are considering it?

Just a Saturday morning thought...

Good question. I think being relatively out of nowhere was probably one of Obama's advantages back in '08.

Good question. I think being relatively out of nowhere was probably one of Obama's advantages back in '08.

I think you nailed it.

The only person I could see being a candidate like MDM is considering would be a Colin Powell-type - strong military experience and almost completely non-partisan (although, he did start talking about it in 2008 or 2012).

Sadly I think that anyone who is worth their salt is going to face tremendous issues getting elected, such as:

1- The media

2- I tend to agree more with conservatives on most issues except for social ones such as gay marriage and abortion. Unfortunately, I think these are two of the biggest issues that the American people vote on because they're the ones they understand the most. The majority of Americans don't educate themselves enough on other issues to be able to make a truly well-thought out decision.

3- The best president that we could have would be the one who would give us what we need as opposed to what we want. In a self indulgent society, most people would not vote for someone who could cause them to go through such potential growing pains. Most candidates that are this way also will likely lack the necessary funding from big businesses who could face the risk of having their pee pees slapped.

4- Lastly even if the right person were elected, it would take tremendous foresight, patience, and unity on behalf of the American people and government to push through the growing pains that would likely follow. The problems we face aren't going to be fixed in 4-8 years. They certainly took much longer to develop than that and we certainly can't hope to fix them in much shorter of a time than they were created.

Sadly I think that anyone who is worth their salt is going to face tremendous issues getting elected, such as:

1- The media

2- I tend to agree more with conservatives on most issues except for social ones such as gay marriage and abortion. Unfortunately, I think these are two of the biggest issues that the American people vote on because they're the ones they understand the most. The majority of Americans don't educate themselves enough on other issues to be able to make a truly well-thought out decision.

3- The best president that we could have would be the one who would give us what we need as opposed to what we want. In a self indulgent society, most people would not vote for someone who could cause them to go through such potential growing pains. Most candidates that are this way also will likely lack the necessary funding from big businesses who could face the risk of having their pee pees slapped.

4- Lastly even if the right person were elected, it would take tremendous foresight, patience, and unity on behalf of the American people and government to push through the growing pains that would likely follow. The problems we face aren't going to be fixed in 4-8 years. They certainly took much longer to develop than that and we certainly can't hope to fix them in much shorter of a time than they were created.

Well stated. Just goes to show you, our system of government will never truly "arrive".

It will always be facing existential challenges.

I appreciate this forum. It's a nice reprieve from the all the YouTube/Al.com style banter and insults that go on in the football forum. We can actually have intelligent conversations here. Novel concept, I know.

I appreciate this forum. It's a nice reprieve from the all the YouTube/Al.com style banter and insults that go on in the football forum. We can actually have intelligent conversations here. Novel concept, I know.

Have you been paying attention? We have more than our share of bad apples on here.

Have you been paying attention? We have more than our share of bad apples on here.

I'm very aware, but it's nothing like the football forum.

caleb.....I hope you understand homer sits in front of a mirror when he types. He never likes what he sees, hence his always nasty posts ;)

Bu we are off topic and no one has yet to propose a name except Colin Powell.

When Thomas Jefferson was president the country had a population of 6 million.

Now there are about 320 million people.

There should be at least 50 people similar to Jefferson wandering around.

caleb.....I hope you understand homer sits in front of a mirror when he types. He never likes what he sees, hence his always nasty posts ;)

Bu we are off topic and no one has yet to propose a name except Colin Powell.

So, what do you think of the name?

Jefferson would NEVER get elected nowadays, simply because of style. Interesting information about our greatest founding father (IMO):

1. He never delivered a speech aside from his inauguration - and that was a disaster, from reports. He was a terrible speaker who stuttered and had a very flat way of delivering words

2. He wrote State of the Union letters and delivered them instead by postal mail, rather than by addressing Congress

3. His style of dress was...erratic. His clothes never matched with color or style, and he always appeared disheveled. He would wear house slippers to important meetings.

4. He was shy and had a terrible time interacting with others, and could not relate to them.

5. He was a TERRIBLE financial manager. He filed for bankruptcy several times.

6. He had a pet mockingbird he kept on his shoulder.

Jefferson would NEVER get elected nowadays, simply because of style. Interesting information about our greatest founding father (IMO):

1. He never delivered a speech aside from his inauguration - and that was a disaster, from reports. He was a terrible speaker who stuttered and had a very flat way of delivering words

2. He wrote State of the Union letters and delivered them instead by postal mail, rather than by addressing Congress

3. His style of dress was...erratic. His clothes never matched with color or style, and he always appeared disheveled. He would wear house slippers to important meetings.

4. He was shy and had a terrible time interacting with others, and could not relate to them.

This reveals one of the really shallow aspects of the public's view of the election process. People think they are electing a news anchor in American Idol fashion. It seems being able to fluidly read from a teleprompter has become a bigger necessity than being a person of substance and Jefferson most assuredly was that. Most geniuses have idiosyncratic personalities and I doubt many would argue his genius.

This reveals one of the really shallow aspects of the public's view of the election process. People think they are electing a news anchor in American Idol fashion. It seems being able to fluidly read from a teleprompter has become a bigger necessity than being a person of substance and Jefferson most assuredly was that. Most geniuses have idiosyncratic personalities and I doubt many would argue his genius.

Dead on. Heck, it's been that way since Kennedy/Nixon. Honestly, the last President that got elected on substance was probably GHW Bush, since he was former CIA director...but even then, Dukakis lost it with the whole driving a tank looking like Capt Dork of the Weenie Patrol.

It's how Clinton, Obama, GW Bush (the first time, when he ran against Mr. Wooden Tree Al Gore), Reagan all got elected.

It's really to the detriment of the process, too...in 2012, my preferred GOP candidate was Huntsman, but for all his technocrat and foreign policy experience, he just didn't have the personality to outshine the rest of the field. I think he'd have made a great president.

Great progress homey clause. Step #2 is changing your actions. We are all pulling for you!

Great progress homey clause. Step #2 is changing your actions. We are all pulling for you!

Four hours to work on it and that's the best you can do? :-\

I should have said witless bad apples.

You could have said that and wouldn't have even exceeded your own hypocrite threshold by that much either. You're an arrogant self righteous a-hole homey and everyone here knows it except your lover, ichy. I guess its true that love is blind! >:D

After I say this name, this thread should just close...

James Mattis

*Drops microphone*

*Mod closes thread*

You could have said that and wouldn't have even exceeded your own hypocrite threshold by that much either. You're an arrogant self righteous a-hole homey and everyone here knows it except your lover, ichy. I guess its true that love is blind! >:D

For a group who so obviously relishes dishing it out, ya'll sure can't take it very well. :laugh:

I'd take some of the posters over here that certain people dislike over most of the a**holes in the football forum.

Archived