Native American Council Offers Amnesty to Undocumented Whites

TitanTiger

If you have ever seen James Cameron's film Avatar, it's eerily similar to the Native American removal due to another's desire for wealth.

That's because he jacked the idea.

It's Pocahontas in Space.

<_<

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have ever seen James Cameron's film Avatar, it's eerily similar to the Native American removal due to another's desire for wealth.

<_</>

Mmmmm. Ok. I don't see that.

Personally,I enjoyed the film.

<_</>

Surely, you can't be serious. <_<

Here's a side by side.

You decide.

<_</>

Surely, you can't be serious. <_</>

Here's a side by side.

You decide.

When I said that I didn't see that at all, I mesn I don't think Cameron had to steal an idea from Disney's Pocohontas, which btw, was historically inaccurate.

But if it's true that the avatars or blue people are representative of the Native Americans then of course there will be similarities.

He didn't HAVE to , but the stories ( as shown via the two movies ) are near identical.

He didn't HAVE to , but the stories ( as shown via the two movies ) are near identical.

OK Raptor. They are identical.

So you agree w/ who ever it was who made that video comparison ?

Fine.

Now, where's that selfie ?

B)

It's in my avi. I'm the Tiger on the left. ;-)

Of course you are

rawr

It's pretty good satire, except that the native Americans never attempted to "document" any immigrants.

Also, this statement:

"Despite the large number of Europeans residing in the United States, historical scholars mostly agree that indigenous lands were taken illegally through war, genocide and forced displacement."

Does this also apply to the indigenous peoples who took land through "war, genocide or forced displacement?" For instance, the Black Hills in South Dakota were originally Kiowa lands. Then, through war, genocide or forced displacement, we know the Black Hills region came under control of the Cheyenne and then finally, the Sioux. How many other forced displacements occurred throughout the history of North America where one superior culture supplanted another?

Yep, and those current Indigenous tribes who we know today pushed into areas of the Americas where the previous prehistoric waves of Asian migration had settled. So they took land from other indegious groups who had taken it from others before them.

So if we use the who last moved in rule has to move back. The people of Germanic ancestory move back to Europe, but they have move back further in Europe because they took land from the celts. And the Slavs have to move from land they took from Germanic groups. The Hispanics have to move to Spain but give it back to the celts too. Pretty soon we'll all be back in Africa.

If you were born in America, you already are native American. We know nothing of Europe. This apologizing for someone else's actions that you had nothing to do with, is the biggest farce I have ever seen. I don't think it was right,by any means, what happened to native American tribes, but to hold someone accountable for something that they are innocent of is the height of ridiculousness.

Here's the thing, there has been no accountability for what happened to Native Americans in this country. These people were forcible removed from their homes by President Andrew Jackson's Indian Removal Act. They were placed on reservations with below standard living conditions. Their children were taken from them and placed in boarding schools to "kill the Indian " in them. Then the U.S. government decided they wanted the reservation land so they passed the Dawes Act which took even more land from the Native Americans. Our government made treaty after treaty with these Native people and broke them repeatedly. Our country engaged in the genocide of its indigenous population and it's swept under the rug. That's the biggest farce of them all.

Bravo!

1) How do we know all this and not at least question everything the Fed Govt says/does?

2) Native American should never be used to refer to the immigrants coming to America.

Only in the way westerns featuring a lone man arriving in a town only to it's threatened by an evil monopolistic rancher (or a band of outlaws) are near identical.

It's pretty good satire, except that the native Americans never attempted to "document" any immigrants.

Also, this statement:

"Despite the large number of Europeans residing in the United States, historical scholars mostly agree that indigenous lands were taken illegally through war, genocide and forced displacement."

Does this also apply to the indigenous peoples who took land through "war, genocide or forced displacement?" For instance, the Black Hills in South Dakota were originally Kiowa lands. Then, through war, genocide or forced displacement, we know the Black Hills region came under control of the Cheyenne and then finally, the Sioux. How many other forced displacements occurred throughout the history of North America where one superior culture supplanted another?

Yep, and those current Indigenous tribes who we know today pushed into areas of the Americas where the previous prehistoric waves of Asian migration had settled. So they took land from other indegious groups who had taken it from others before them.

So if we use the who last moved in rule has to move back. The people of Germanic ancestory move back to Europe, but they have move back further in Europe because they took land from the celts. And the Slavs have to move from land they took from Germanic groups. The Hispanics have to move to Spain but give it back to the celts too. Pretty soon we'll all be back in Africa.

That's good. ;D

Only in the way westerns featuring a lone man arriving in a town only to it's threatened by an evil monopolistic rancher (or a band of outlaws) are near identical.

Do you go out of your way to be so contrarian, or is this normal behavior ?

Yes, it's formulaic. So much so, the two stories are NEAR IDENTICAL, a the posted video clearly shows.

If you were born in America, you already are native American. We know nothing of Europe. This apologizing for someone else's actions that you had nothing to do with, is the biggest farce I have ever seen. I don't think it was right,by any means, what happened to native American tribes, but to hold someone accountable for something that they are innocent of is the height of ridiculousness.

Here's the thing, there has been no accountability for what happened to Native Americans in this country. These people were forcible removed from their homes by President Andrew Jackson's Indian Removal Act. They were placed on reservations with below standard living conditions. Their children were taken from them and placed in boarding schools to "kill the Indian " in them. Then the U.S. government decided they wanted the reservation land so they passed the Dawes Act which took even more land from the Native Americans. Our government made treaty after treaty with these Native people and broke them repeatedly. Our country engaged in the genocide of its indigenous population and it's swept under the rug. That's the biggest farce of them all.

Bravo!

1) How do we know all this and not at least question everything the Fed Govt says/does?

2) Native American should never be used to refer to the immigrants coming to America.

1) I think there is more accountability in government now as well as diversity. I'm not saying corruption doesn't exist in government just that I doubt they'd ever be able to commit genocide again.

2) If you're speaking to the OP, it's satire.

Do you go out of your way to be so contrarian, or is this normal behavior ?

Yes, it's formulaic. So much so, the two stories are NEAR IDENTICAL, a the posted video clearly shows.

It must be normal. I just can't imagine going out of my way for you. ;D

It's in my avi. I'm the Tiger on the left. ;-)

Of course you are

rawr

Is it just me, or was that a little creepy?

When you are a woman, things like that barely register on the creepy meter. I can tell you stories.

When you are a woman, things like that barely register on the creepy meter. I can tell you stories.

Don't taunt homie like that. He'll never be a woman.

Not a real one, at least.

And you'll never be a real man. Even with the accoutrements.

You threw that one right across the plate , Raptor.

You threw that one right across the plate , Raptor.

Actually, I thought it was rather weak. I descended to his level.

Now I feel dirty. I think I will shower and go to bed.

Archived