Men vs. LSU - Postgame

jared52

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So proud of these guys. The defense in these 3 games have been un-comparable. I swear sometimes we got six players on defense. We have two on the ball handler and everyone else covered. But here is my thought on tomorrow for the naysayers.

.1. Odds of AU winning these last 3 games were much greater than beating UK tomorrow.

2.AU players believe they "can" win . UK players think they "deserve" to win.

3. Being undefeated is like 11 strikes in bowling that next one is by far the hardest.

4. Every year some 25-1 Cinderella team pulls it off. By the way the new Cinderella premiers tomorrow (good omen) I have a date with my grand daughters to see it :-)

5. AU has a history of proving folks wrong.

WDE go Tigers beat them wildcats.

By the way we beat UK tomorrow AU punches their ticket to the Dance no matter what happens Sunday.

The only way we get to the tourney is to win out. I say the ncaa tourney is the only shot we have. I don't think the NIT takes us either. So win 2, be the first team to win all five games in SECt, and show the nation that Auburn spirit never dies. They killed our trees and we renovate the corner for the better. We go from 3-9 to 12-2 with 13 seconds from a national title. We are on a 6 game losing streak with only 4 SEC wins and we have the potential to go for 4 in 4 days. Auburn spirit never dies and has transcended through all auburn sports. Let's finish the job and win these next two and have a selection Sunday party. War eagle.

KT has led the way but it seems like a different player or two steps up every game. 1st game KT, Thompson, Waddell, KC Ross Miller. 2nd Game KT a few points from everybody and a whole team rebounding, and this last game, KT, Canada and a little bit of Mason down the stretch. In all three games great team defense.

WOW! Great run for the team and the AU basketball Program....it really sucks not being able to watch a game!

Very proud of the character displayed by these young men!!! War Eagle!!!

I don't think I've ever set foot in the basketball forum which is sad. I did watch a bunch of Auburn games this year for the first time in a long time. Even though we lost a bunch it was so nice to see Auburn competing again. The team had heart all year. The locker room scene at the end was awesome. That made me so happy for Coach Pearl and the seniors. WDE.

I've been down on this team this year. It's been frustrating to watch all season and feel like not a lot of progress was made this year.

Since yesterday, and beating Texas A&M, I've never been happier about Auburn basketball in a long time. This run in the SEC tournament has been inspiring to watch. Even though we're not going to go to any post-season tournament this has been a real treat to have something to cheer about after such a rough season.

Progress has been made all year, it just didn't translate into victories. Now they actually have some wins.

Exactly! I have been trying to explain this all year to my AU friends at work. It's been one guy out of position that allows the opponent to score late in the shot clock. But for most of the shot clock, the defense was smothering. The way the team is playing now is the result of one season under the new coaching philosophy. There really isn't any comparison to last year, as far as effort and x's and o's are concerned.

Seems to me that BP has changed his approach ....controlling the pace of the game and using his bench early if he game allows. Did not get into run and shoot games and yesterday kept KTH fresh until the second half. IMO, the past 3 games were his best coaching jobs of the year...kind of what was expected all season.

Congrats to guys like Waddell, Lang and Thompson for playing valuable minutes during the tournament and playing pretty solid defense too.

Seems to me that BP has changed his approach ....controlling the pace of the game and using his bench early if he game allows. Did not get into run and shoot games and yesterday kept KTH fresh until the second half. IMO, the past 3 games were his best coaching jobs of the year...kind of what was expected all season.

Congrats to guys like Waddell, Lang and Thompson for playing valuable minutes during the tournament and playing pretty solid defense too.

Agreed. I think the change was from necessity (have to use the bench in a tournament setting to minimize fatigue) and Kudos to BP for actually having the nerve to play a bunch of guys who barely played all season. Hind sight is 20/20 (50/50?) but I believe we would have made the NIT this year had we gone to this style of play earlier in the season. The best part of this tournament is that we actually look like a legit team now and that sells recruits a lot easier than telling them we will be legit. Barring the biggest win by any basketball team in recent history, our season ends today but the ride has only just begun. Here's hoping for the biggest miracle AU Bball has ever seen today!

Just wondering... Over how many years has it been that Auburn had a total of 3 wins in the tournament? 10-15? Think the last time we had 3 in tournament was 1985.... wow what a ride. How exciting. Can't wait til next year!

Conference growth has added games to the tournament for the bottom feeders. Its hard to compare with the past. But we won over three higher seeds and two of themm are pretty damn good teams.

I know these guys are young, but it seems so difficult physically to play four games in four days and against fresher teams. We may lack in some categories but heart is certainly not one of them.

Archived