Bo Bergdahl to Be Charged With Desertion

Proud Tiger

Well, these are just charges so far. No convictions etc.

When you leave your post in a combat zone, you punch your ticket for Leavenworth.

Unless they conclude five years in captivity is time served.

How can they conclude that he was in captivity when he freely walked to the other side?

That's for the court to decide, if it goes to Court Martial.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see where he's being charged with desertion. Where are you seeing treason?

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama allowed the desertion charge if they agreed to not charge with treason. Bergdahl is guilty of treason too because he walked off his post on his own volition and willingly joined the Taliban. Add to that that, american casualties spiked after he joined them. I doubt that was simply a coincidental occurence

Gotta link?

I see among other issues that plague your ability to understand simple logic, I see reading comprehension is also a problem for you. I opened the statement with.."I wouldn't be surprised if....." In your world, do I need a link to have an opinion?

You're right Blue. Tex is absolutely nuts to imagine your opinion might have anything to do with factual evidence.

And don't say I never stuck up for you. ;D

Yeah, like Obama was going to let that crazy mofo tell his story..LOL. Dude deserted and 4 Americans lost their lives looking for him. He willfully and purposefully joined the Taliban

Now now, get the story straight...

Susan Rice: Bergdahl Served With 'Honor and Distinction'

Truly one of the sad commentary's of this incident. It is a slap in the face to any current or former member of our Armed Forces.

5 years of treason & consorting w the enemy can't possibly be viewed as " time served ", can it ??

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama allowed the desertion charge if they agreed to not charge with treason. Bergdahl is guilty of treason too because he walked off his post on his own volition and willingly joined the Taliban. Add to that that, american casualties spiked after he joined them. I doubt that was simply a coincidental occurence

Gotta link?

I see among other issues that plague your ability to understand simple logic, I see reading comprehension is also a problem for you. I opened the statement with.."I wouldn't be surprised if....." In your world, do I need a link to have an opinion?

Your the first source I've seen that says he joined the Taliban. That's an assertion of fact. I appreciate you don't know the difference.

IF the U.S. was "Officially" at War, he WOULD be in front of a firing squad. Death. barry traded Killers that are back in the field for THIS guy. barry Continues to prove he is incompetent and a complete DISCRACE. barry can't leave soon enough.

5 years of treason & consorting w the enemy can't possibly be viewed as " time served ", can it ??

No. He will get 30 yrs to LIFE.

IDK Tim. I don't know what the prosecution will ask for if convicted. They make make a deal without going to trial. The defense dept said they are not necessarily looking for imprisonment. I think part of that IAS the embarrassment a trial would bring the top brass and the administration in particular. He should be in jail for a long time but I wouldn't bet on it. This isn't the military of even 10 years ago. It has been infected by the left and their political correctness.

IDK Tim. I don't know what the prosecution will ask for if convicted. They make make a deal without going to trial. The defense dept said they are not necessarily looking for imprisonment. I think part of that IAS the embarrassment a trial would bring the top brass and the administration in particular. He should be in jail for a long time but I wouldn't bet on it. This isn't the military of even 10 years ago. It has been infected by the left and their political correctness.

I hope you are Wrong. I fear you are Right...He also provided aid to the enemy. barry botched this and Nobody can defend this. Shameful.......

Where are the leftist progressives that will ATTEMPT to defend THIS???

Defend what? I can't understand you through the frothing.

No defense of this shameful excuse for an administration? Only personal attacks? Mission accomplished!! :-)

Why not ? What's keeping you from merely typing a response ?

No defense of this shameful excuse for an administration? Only personal attacks? Mission accomplished!! :-)

Defend what? You disagree with him being charged?

Maybe he knows there can be no defense of this and he simply hung his head in shame of that which he is so invested in an slipped away silently... ; - )

And there you have it folks. The only reason they care about this case. Support the troops? Nah. Use them as tools to attack the President. Oh yeah. Not one comment about letting Bergdahl get his due process. I guess if he was a cop who just choked out someone, they would all of the sudden find the constitution...

Maybe he knows there can be no defense of this and he simply hung his head in shame of that which he is so invested in an slipped away silently... ; - )

I'm ashamed that hate-filled folks like you are associated with my university.

And there you have it folks. The only reason they care about this case. Support the troops? Nah. Use them as tools to attack the President. Oh yeah. Not one comment about letting Bergdahl get his due process. I guess if he was a cop who just choked out someone, they would all of the sudden find the constitution...

I love the non-defense of the shame filled WH. No defense. Just name calling and attacks.....priceless!!!

I am ashamed of those with no honor or morality that claim association with my University. Your serve.......

I am ashamed of those with no honor or morality that claim association with my University. Your serve.......

So your ashamed of yourself-- as you should be.

I love the non-defense of the shame filled WH. No defense. Just name calling and attacks.....priceless!!!

Couldnt care less about the WH. I do care about the troops. You dont.

Couldnt care less about the WH. I do care about the troops. You dont.

He exploits the troops to spread his hate.

I suspect his day in court will also be the former platoon mates day in court. From there we will see what happens. Honestly, I believe he's guilty and I hope he pays the price for the six dead soldiers that went out to retrieve him (if found as I believe he is).

And no doubt President Obama used this as a way to get rid of five more detainees at GITMO. No need to try and defend it. He wants it closed.

So your ashamed of yourself-- as you should be.

I am quite certain we both KNOW who I was speaking of. Shameful cowardice should always be dealt with swiftly. Failure to do so brings dishonor to those who proudly serve. No defense. Sadly for those invested in this WH this is a case of no Honor for ALL involved. A day of shame for America.......courtesy of the WH. PS..every Auburn Man or Woman I know personally has Honor and Honors The Creed. You obviously should READ It.......

Archived