Bama Safety Geno Smith arrested for DUI last night

AUEngineer2016

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban should have taken a page from Bert's playbook and taken away his car. One of the few times I will support Coach BB.

^^THIS^^

Saban should have taken a page from Bert's playbook and taken away his car. One of the few times I will support Coach BB.

I agree. It was a good move on Bert's part.

This should come as a surprise to exactly no one...

According to Saban's presser today, he's still on the team and will have to work his way out of the doghouse. Said he's never kicked someone off the team for a second drug or alcohol offense.

According to Saban's presser today, he's still on the team and will have to work his way out of the doghouse. Said he's never kicked someone off the team for a second drug or alcohol offense.

What doghouse? It's nonexistent. He'll miss a game or two against easy opponents just so weeman can look good and then that will be the end of it.

What doghouse? It's nonexistent. He'll miss a game or two against easy opponents just so weeman can look good and then that will be the end of it.

I actually doubt he'll miss even 1 game because this happened in the spring instead of the summer. Disgusting. If any Auburn player collected two DUIs I'd want him off the team immediately.

So how old is this kid? How old was he in 2013? If he is over 21 now, I understand there would be no underage charge as well. But in 2013, one year out of high school?

I hope he keeps him on the team honestly. And then I hope another player who was not in the running for serious PT gets kicked off for getting in trouble for a similar-level crime.

I hope this leads to inner-strife between the players and causes chemistry problems similar to what AU experienced under Chizik for unfair treatment of star players. LOL

So is TE Frietag (from linked article) still on the team? That blows my mind.

I (briefly)tried to find more info on that because it sounded absurd that he'd still be on the roster. Nothing pointed in the way that he was ever dismissed.

I hope he keeps him on the team honestly. And then I hope another player who was not in the running for serious PT gets kicked off for getting in trouble for a similar-level crime.

I hope this leads to inner-strife between the players and causes chemistry problems similar to what AU experienced under Chizik for unfair treatment of star players. LOL

The nickster has already had starters with drug issues. He doesn't care until it becomes public. There has always been favoritism shown at Saban's bammer. It just depends on which kids can take it and which ones can't. When Ginger Mac and Julio were there they had team chemistry issues and I think there were some in 2013.

I hope it leads someone to talk eventually.

How is Smith even still on the team ? I was half joking that he'd get a 2 game suspension, assuming for the 2nd x of the same offense, he'd be history.

Yet Lil Nicky said Geno would have to meet requirements, and he'd be back. And this AFTER he talked about Taylor !

The nickster has already had starters with drug issues. He doesn't care until it becomes public. There has always been favoritism shown at Saban's bammer. It just depends on which kids can take it and which ones can't. When Ginger Mac and Julio were there they had team chemistry issues and I think there were some in 2013.

Talking about what goes on there can be hazardous to one's health. That bunch would give the mob a run for its money when it comes to things like that.

I'm confused how many players have been arrested in the last few weeks?

Not Saban, least not yet.

( April fools posts not appreciated on this board. <_< )

Talking about what goes on there can be hazardous to one's health. That bunch would give the mob a run for its money when it comes to things like that.

If Chizik's players didn't talk, Meyer's FLA players didn't talk, Richt's UGA players didn't talk, Pete Carrol's USC players didn't talk, etc, etc, etc, then I doubt uat's will talk. Former players for the most part just hush up about the inner workings of programs. After what AU went through a few years ago, I kinda glad ours didn't go public. ;)

Unfortunately....some of AU's players have talked in the past even if most of the accusations were not true. Plus we always have the bammer set-up guy Eric Ramsey. They aren't Chizik's guys but some of the talking was during the 2010 media fallout.

USC's players didn't have to talk because Reggie Bush and his family were so indiscreet that it didn't matter.

I do think eventually someone will talk publicly. But it probably won't be a player from this state. That dirty little empire can't last forever.

So is TE Frietag (from linked article) still on the team? That blows my mind.

Still on the team as far as I know.

So, this shows that Nick Saban is more concerned about player safety in dealing with the HUNH offense than he is about the safety of the public by allowing someone with 2 DUI's in 3 years to remain on the team.

Archived