Indiana backlash grows ahead of Final Four

AUUSN

Sorry. I have to laugh at that business.

If in this day and age you are dumb enough to drag your business into a interview on a topic like that and allow it to be used, and not realized there would be backlash, well you got what you asked for.

Course the other factor is did she know what she was doing, and banked on that by submitting and crying foul and hardship that they could bolster business with a rush of support. Seeing as they already raised $114,546 dollars.

http://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza

Some people are still naive enough to believe the news media is fair and doesn't have an agenda. These people probably don't watch a whole lot of television news as they likely spend all their time running their business.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If in this day and age you are dumb enough to drag your business into a interview on a topic like that and allow it to be used, and not realized there would be backlash, well you got what you asked for.

Course the other factor is did she know what she was doing, and banked on that by submitting and crying foul and hardship that they could bolster business with a rush of support. Seeing as they already raised $114,546 dollars.

Some people are still naive enough to believe the news media is fair and doesn't have an agenda. These people probably don't watch a whole lot of television news as they likely spend all their time running their business.

Doesn't matter if it is biased or fair or what. You go on television and say "I won't cater a gay wedding"........ you are going to get backlash.

If that was the fairest interview in the entire world and even slanted to her side, still saying I won't cater a gay wedding is gonna hit social media across the United States. You are then in turn going to get the people that really care and say screw you, and you are going to get the people that are going to say well this will be fun to troll, I really don't care either way. Though here is a funny picture of a penis shaped pizza and a smart ass saying cause I think it is funny.

And in 12 minutes they have made another 7,000 dollars. I'm not buying the naive bit one single bit.

Hell just for fun, go hit the refresh button a few times in a row. It jumps about 100 bucks every-time you do. They are probably going to walk away with a few hundred thousand dollars off of this.

Doesn't matter if it is biased or fair or what. You go on television and say "I won't cater a gay wedding"........ you are going to get backlash.

If that was the fairest interview in the entire world and even slanted to her side, still saying I won't cater a gay wedding is gonna hit social media across the United States. You are then in turn going to get the people that really care and say screw you, and you are going to get the people that are going to say well this will be fun to troll, I really don't care either way. Though here is a funny picture of a penis shaped pizza and a smart ass saying cause I think it is funny.

And in 12 minutes they have made another 7,000 dollars. I'm not buying the naive bit one single bit.

Maybe so but not everyone is out to exploit an issue for personal gain. I know that's hard to believe in this day and age. I don't know these people and how they operate or how up to date they are about things like that. There are people that don't tweet and don't do facebook or anything like that. You may very well be right about it.

Maybe so but not everyone is out to exploit an issue for personal gain. I know that's hard to believe in this day and age. I don't know these people and how they operate or how up to date they are about things like that. There are people that don't tweet and don't do facebook or anything like that. You may very well be right about it.

The owners of that pizzeria not only pray everyday before they open their business, they have a sign posted in their shop window telling patrons if they have anything they need prayers for to tell them and they'll pray for them. Its easy to see why these despicable people are being attacked. :-\

I'm betting you don't know the kid that wrote the bra article personally either but didn't have issue casting judgement on him. Then using him as representation of everyone that doesn't toe the right's line. Maybe the kid really is upset with the fashion industry and feels it is racist. Maybe he doesn't give a damn about left or right. Look at the recent events this year by many in the fashion world that have resulted in great support for plus size models, even to the extent of SI's Swimsuit issue.

So why can't this woman be trying to pull a CFA bring in the business move. I'm sorry she is just playing it up also. I can't open my doors, I'm struggling to keep my apartment, I didn't take a job and now I will never get a job due to this, I will have to leave town and even the state. I have no idea where I am going to go.

Most likely the kid is to the left. I just find it interesting that you are willing to give these people the benefit of the doubt, but came down harsh on the kid without knowing his full story. Just an example of how the media is a reflection of our society. Most of us do exactly what the media does and we complain about.

My two cents. I have skimmed this thread. My belief is that homosexuality is not a choice. I believe i am right about it. I think anyone who says it is a choice has same sex urges and fantasies they fight with. That is the only logical way they could be right. I have no opinion on same-sex marriage, but think their should at least be a legalized civil union that would give gays the same legal benefits we have. Most of this thread has discussed services for weddings. As for the cake baker and florist, i see no reason why they could refuse to sell their services. I don't think a law is needed because if they do refuse just go to the next guy. However if a baker or florist promised services and bailed out and left the client hanging without time to find other services then i would say that is discrimination. The photographer is a whole different scenario. This guy has to be very involved at creating close, romantic shows of affection. This could be weird or sickening for lack of better terms for even supporters of ssm. I don't see the logic of forcing people to provide services on that level of involvement that makes them uncomfortable. It would affect the performance of the service as well. I say this from a totally irreligious point of view.

"Most of us do exactly what the media does and we complain about."

The media has a tremendous responsibility that individuals do not share. Having an opinion is one thing but, having a platform to force feed an opinion down the throats of unsuspecting readers is an altogether different issue. Incidentally, with few rare exceptions, the MSM is fueling the misperceptions of this law to gain clicks and gain viewers and sell newspapers. There isn't a shred of objectivity in our MSM as it specifically relates to all things politics

case in point...hands up dont shoot - it never happened but the media didn't get that memo

fraternity rape culture- never happened

Duke LaCrosse story- completely manufactured

White cops are hunting down killing black kids- numbers do not bear this myth out

These are just examples that spring immediately to mind proving the medias complicity with the lefts victimization agenda

Not so fast with the snark, buddy.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/01/rfra-how-a-local-tv-station-ruined-a-business-and-threatened-a-familys-safety/

They didn't exactly "drag" themselves into anything or ask for anything. This reporter drove 20 miles outside of her city to some small town, showed up in a restaurant and just asked them questions. The owners had no idea that such a firestorm would come of answering a hypothetical where some gay couple might want to use a pizza place to cater their wedding. They simply said they'd serve anyone in their establishment but would turn down a catering gig like that. No biggie.

You're making up some conspiracy theory out of whole cloth. Ditch the tinfoil helmet. These people are getting death threats.

The media has a tremendous responsibility that individuals do not share. Having an opinion is one thing but, having a platform to force feed an opinion down the throats of unsuspecting readers is an altogether different issue. Incidentally, with few rare exceptions, the MSM is fueling the misperceptions of this law to gain clicks and gain viewers and sell newspapers. There isn't a shred of objectivity in our MSM as it specifically relates to all things politics

Money greater than responsibility, morals, and society.... welcome to America. They are giving Americans exactly what they want, let's not act like everyone is innocent and at the mercy of the media.

Like this story. Of course they went out and found a place that was all Christianed up in decor with a strong faith background. Cause that is what a large segment of the people wanted. Now of course they are going to do stories about the support this woman is getting due to the reactions on social media. Cause that is what the other segment is going to want to see.

Money greater than responsibility, morals, and society.... welcome to America. They are giving Americans exactly what they want, let's not act like everyone is innocent and at the mercy of the media.

Like this story. Of course they went out and found a place that was all Christianed up in decor with a strong faith background. Cause that is what a large segment of the people wanted. Now of course they are going to do stories about the support this woman is getting due to the reactions on social media. Cause that is what the other segment is going to want to see.

OK..funny how quickly excuses are made for the lefts total lack of integrity in reporting. If we've digressed to a state that we're only committed to reporting what people want to see and picking sides as opposed to making even a minimal effort at presenting the truth, the total decline of our culture is almost complete.

Assuiming you're right, there is a sizable segment of society that would love to see ANY reporter make similar efforts at exposing Hillary Clinton's corruption. This reporter went WAY out of her way to nail this naive little girl.

Not so fast with the snark, buddy.

http://dailycaller.c...familys-safety/

They didn't exactly "drag" themselves into anything or ask for anything. This reporter drove 20 miles outside of her city to some small town, showed up in a restaurant and just asked them questions. The owners had no idea that such a firestorm would come of answering a hypothetical where some gay couple might want to use a pizza place to cater their wedding. They simply said they'd serve anyone in their establishment but would turn down a catering gig like that. No biggie.

You're making up some conspiracy theory out of whole cloth. Ditch the tinfoil helmet. These people are getting death threats.

It isn't snarky, it is the truth.

Sorry, but I do not buy that these people have zero idea about social media, the positives and the negatives, how it is used to move news, and how it can affect business. Especially considering they previously tried a Facebook page for the business. So yes, if they didn't know the potential then I am laughing at their business sense. There is a reason entire chapters of textbooks and lectures in marketing courses, even entire classes, are dedicated to the aspects of social media.

Your right, drag is the wrong word. Submitted would be correct. Nobody held them at gunpoint and forced them to do it. They did the interview and agreed to it's use. Maybe things have changed, it has been a very long time, but when I was interviewed for a news story I had to sign a release giving them permission to use my interview. I do not buy that they were unaware of the topic, or that they were unaware of the controversy that it is causing. And yes they were targeted for this, and yes the reporter was tipped off about them I have no doubts, course Marino does to the daily caller on that question what the pizza place could of done to Marino. Not answered the inquiry.

This town is less than 100 miles from the Chicago suburbs, might even be as few as 50. They receive multiple news stations out of Chicago. Having lived there at the time there is no way you did not hear, see, or get information on the entire CFA bit that occurred in Chicago. That perfectly showed the negatives that a business can see due to stands on SSM, and it showed the positive influences that a stand on SSM can have.

So no, I am not buying the naive simpleton bit. Maybe it was a play by them, maybe it wasn't.

People are a**holes and idiots, course with the anonymity of the internet they are going to get death threats. I bet you (based off reading comments from readers on the story in several areas) that Marino is getting death threats also.

But my understanding of what Jesus stood for leads me to believe He "wouldn't have a problem" (as Titan might phrase it ;)/> ) with the idea of homosexual marriage. Like I said earlier, why would he?

But then, I am not into the "abomination" thing. I am more receptive to the concept of the "Golden Rule". ;D/>

LOL... Are you talking about the Golden rule to cut sayings out of context and even out of verses to fit your argument at that time? (Hope my friend does not read this :thedeal: )

Oh... You mean do unto others.

Well in Matthew 7:12 the entire sentence says.... "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." ( He just could not stand the LAW now could he? :drippingsarcasm7pa:)

In Luke 6:27-31 in context reads....

But woe to you who are rich,

For you have received your consolation.

Woe to you who are full,

For you shall hunger.

Woe to you who laugh now,

For you shall mourn and weep.

Woe to you when all men speak well of you,

For so did their fathers to the false prophets."

But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. (How many people just broke the golden rule?)

To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. ( :no: Not seeing homer allow this part of the golden rule)

And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. ( :grouphug: Now what have some been saying about welfare?)

And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise."

AND BACK TO MATTHEW 7 TO BRING THIS HOME.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

"Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me,

>>>> you who practice lawlessness!"

I know you have no fear of the GOD written in the bible but I could not let that go. :tease:

I am not into the scripture thing either.

(But I enjoyed the icons! ;D )

Ok this is a honest question I'm about to toss out. Due to my curiosity and the fact that this argument went biblical.

So we have the individuals that believe ideals involving sexuality are to be naturally understood from the Bible in regards to homosexuality (and I will be the first to admit I am no Bible expert). So if God created all life, yet doesn't approve of homosexuality. Then why do so many animals actually appear to practice homosexuality tendencies? Mean is a lion or a dolphin actually making a lifestyle choice (can they even make lifestyle choices?) in their participation? I mean I just can't view a lion as going.... hey you know what. I will show the Pride...today I'm gay and I'm proud... they will notice me now! It is actually theorized to be a bonding agent among males in the pride actually. Then if they are not making lifestyle choices, and they were created by God, then why would they have homosexual tendencies?

This isn't a argument. I'm curious what some individuals think of that.

I know you stated this was not your argument but I have heard people use it.

I dont think humans need to look to animals for our moral base To justify our actions. For example: My neighbors cat just killed her entire litter a few months back. My small female dog literally sits and appears to be pleasuring herself sometimes in front of my children.

Now I don't normally observe dolphins but my wife is a dog groomer and runs a doggy day care. She will not take a female that is in heat because it causes mass hysteria. All sexual activity increases right along with male on male. The environment resembles nothing that we would call "love". Male on male does happen everyday but she says its 100% all about dominance. The alpha males and more aggressive are the only ones that partake. The more doscile and less aggessive dogs never male on male UNLESS a female goes into heat. Again, that causes a free for all. LOL

I think he was really referring to the "natural vs. choice" question regarding homosexuality, not the morals of it.

So if a person is "genetically" predisposed to something we should just accept it as natural? DON'T DISCRIMINATE NOW! Aggressive people have rights too :poke:

No, it's more like we should accept homosexuality as a naturally occurring state. Or as you might see it, a "God-created" state.

No, it's s*** you made up. Wait, actually it's s*** you cribbed from other malcontents on the web. I saw the same black helicopter theory in the comments section of the story last night.

Sorry, but I do not buy that these people have zero idea about social media, the positives and the negatives, how it is used to move news, and how it can affect business. Especially considering they previously tried a Facebook page for the business. So yes, if they didn't know the potential then I am laughing at their business sense. There is a reason entire chapters of textbooks and lectures in marketing courses, even entire classes, are dedicated to the aspects of social media.

Sorry, I don't accept elaborate nonsensical fantasies cooked up by people who cannot fathom than not everyone is as culturally or technologically savvy as they. Occam's Razor killed this goofy tale in the womb.

Your right, drag is the wrong word. Submitted would be correct. Nobody held them at gunpoint and forced them to do it. They did the interview and agreed to it's use. Maybe things have changed, it has been a very long time, but when I was interviewed for a news story I had to sign a release giving them permission to use my interview. I do not buy that they were unaware of the topic, or that they were unaware of the controversy that it is causing. And yes they were targeted for this, and yes the reporter was tipped off about them I have no doubts, course Marino does to the daily caller on that question what the pizza place could of done to Marino. Not answered the inquiry.

This town is less than 100 miles from the Chicago suburbs, might even be as few as 50. They receive multiple news stations out of Chicago. Having lived there at the time there is no way you did not hear, see, or get information on the entire CFA bit that occurred in Chicago. That perfectly showed the negatives that a business can see due to stands on SSM, and it showed the positive influences that a stand on SSM can have.

So no, I am not buying the naive simpleton bit. Maybe it was a play by them, maybe it wasn't.

It wasn't. You have zero evidence outside of liberal fever dreams that it was anything else.

People are a**holes and idiots,

Indeed.

OK..funny how quickly excuses are made for the lefts total lack of integrity in reporting. If we've digressed to a state that we're only committed to reporting what people want to see and picking sides as opposed to making even a minimal effort at presenting the truth, the total decline of our culture is almost complete.

Assuiming you're right, there is a sizable segment of society that would love to see ANY reporter make similar efforts at exposing Hillary Clinton's corruption. This reporter went WAY out of her way to nail this naive little girl.

Yes cause it is just the left. Only the left. Noone else but the left that does this. Everything is excuses for the left.

If I was making a excuse for the left I wouldn't sit here and say that place was targeted for this based off their decor and faith based reputation. I would say oh she really did just stumble upon on this one place, in this one small town etc etc.

Can use a simple non-political entity. ESPN.

Freaking people didn't care about the truth during the Cam incident. They wanted Auburn to burn. They still want Auburn to burn over Cam lol despite being cleared by the NCAA. ESPN will even still refer to Auburn and Cam in similar stories today.

It's a perfectly appropriate analogy. Biblical arguments were a common excuse for discrimination against blacks.

Your comparison, on the other hand, is subjective and capricious. As far as I am concerned, refusing a "porn themed" wedding doesn't violate anyone's rights. Pornography is a particular activity that determines the nature of the job. It's no different that turning down a wedding photography job that involved sky-diving (for example).

Such conditions or requirements have nothing to do with discriminating against a certain class of people as defined by race, ethnicity, religion or sexuality. Presumably, it you want to turn down a pornographic wedding for a gay couple, you would turn it down for a heterosexual couple, or a black couple or whatever. Thus there is no discrimination. You are treating everyone the same.

So try again.

Discrimination against blacks was never founded in acutal religious belief. It was used as a false pretense for real discrimination and racism because some didn't want blacks to even be in the same room as them, let alone allow them to vote. There's no where in the Bible that said slavery was acceptable and endorsed. That analogy you used doesn't fit because it's not an accurate representation of actual religious belief and it is used to discredit actual religious beliefs as discrimination.

I didn't say they were justified in such claims. I said they were commonly used:

Defenders of slavery noted that in the Bible, Abraham had slaves. They point to the Ten Commandments, noting that "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, ... nor his manservant, nor his maidservant." In the New Testament, Paul returned a runaway slave, Philemon, to his master, and, although slavery was widespread throughout the Roman world, Jesus never spoke out against it....

Defenders of slavery argued that the institution was divine, and that it brought Christianity to the heathen from across the ocean. Slavery was, according to this argument, a good thing for the enslaved. John C. Calhoun said, "Never before has the black race of Central Africa, from the dawn of history to the present day, attained a condition so civilized and so improved, not only physically, but morally and intellectually."

http://www.ushistory.org/us/27f.asp

It's a perfectly appropriate analogy. Biblical arguments were a common excuse for discrimination against blacks.

Your comparison, on the other hand, is subjective and capricious. As far as I am concerned, refusing a "porn themed" wedding doesn't violate anyone's rights. Pornography is a particular activity that determines the nature of the job. It's no different that turning down a wedding photography job that involved sky-diving (for example).

Such conditions or requirements have nothing to do with discriminating against a certain class of people as defined by race, ethnicity, religion or sexuality. Presumably, it you want to turn down a pornographic wedding for a gay couple, you would turn it down for a heterosexual couple, or a black couple or whatever. Thus there is no discrimination. You are treating everyone the same.

So try again.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on the porn theme analogy, so I'll be more specific. What if someone wanted to do a sex-toy themed wedding? What then? Should a religious based business be required to provide their serivce in the way of balloons shaped like genitalia or things like a cake, napkins, plates, or other arrangments?

I think I addressed this in my first post.

You are not allowed to disagree with the immoral minority here. Not only this but the news media was not happy with Coach K for simply refusing to walk into the middle of this firestorm. He probably supports SSM. I think he's fairly liberal but I wouldn't swear to it. He simply wants to focus on basketball and playing Michigan State on Saturday but the braindead people that populate the news media won't allow it. This whole thing is focused on SSM but there are a whole host of other things that the left has been pushing over the last few years that this would apply to as well. Let's not forget Obama wanted to force even christian businesses and even catholic hospitals to provide abortion coverage. Catholic Charities had to drop adoption services in Massachusetts because they wouldn't place children with homosexuals. This is a charity run by the Catholic Church but because they didn't fall in line with the brown shirts that are pushing this agenda children suffer. This is your modern day "tolerant" left. They tolerate you if you go along with what they want. Refuse to do so and risk having the full weight of government brought to bear upon you. You can have your religious freedom, for now, as long as you keep it inside the walls of the church building and even your home. Trying to apply your convictions to your life outside of those two areas is not allowed. Even old homie admitted it, surprisingly enough. If your religious freedom conflicts with anything else then your religious freedom must lose. It's not often they will actually come out and admit that this is how they view religious freedom.

So you would be OK with Muslim-Americans proclaiming that Sharia law overrides U.S. laws?

So try again.

Discrimination against blacks was never founded in acutal religious belief. It was used as a false pretense for real discrimination and racism because some didn't want blacks to even be in the same room as them, let alone allow them to vote. There's no where in the Bible that said slavery was acceptable and endorsed. That analogy you used doesn't fit because it's not an accurate representation of actual religious belief and it is used to discredit actual religious beliefs as discrimination.

I didn't say they were justified in such claims. I said they were commonly used:

Defenders of slavery noted that in the Bible, Abraham had slaves. They point to the Ten Commandments, noting that "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, ... nor his manservant, nor his maidservant." In the New Testament, Paul returned a runaway slave, Philemon, to his master, and, although slavery was widespread throughout the Roman world, Jesus never spoke out against it....

Defenders of slavery argued that the institution was divine, and that it brought Christianity to the heathen from across the ocean. Slavery was, according to this argument, a good thing for the enslaved. John C. Calhoun said, "Never before has the black race of Central Africa, from the dawn of history to the present day, attained a condition so civilized and so improved, not only physically, but morally and intellectually."

http://www.ushistory.org/us/27f.asp

People have wrongly used religion to justify a lot of things Sexual conduct outside of the institution of marriage, that is defined as being between one man and one woman, is clearly and unequivocally condemned. Jesus didn't expressly condemn a lot of things. He didn't expressly condemn sex between a man and a horse but we all agree that is wrong. Once you define something in a particular way that automatically eliminates all other possibilities. Go read here for an excellent explanation of things. http://www.apologeti...11&article=1627

People of good will on both sides of this marriage issue need to push their voices to the forefront and drown out the crazies on either end. I don't know why we've bought the lie in this country that we either have to agree on everything or grasp the reins of power and punish all dissenters, but it needs to stop. It's neither a truly liberal, nor a historical conservative value to hold.

I would agree if you could show me a logical place to draw the line. Otherwise, what we are dealing with is the basic principle of separation of church and state.

Of course, we already violate the principle in ways that just don't seem worth fighting over, such as "In God We Trust" and the use of prayer as preludes to government functions. Maybe this will wind up like that. Maybe certain religious-based discrimination will be seen as legally acceptable or just not worth fighting over.

But if so, it will be a loss for those of us who feel a completely secular state is a requirement for a truly free and diverse country. Such a principle should not yield even to majority power.

No, it's s*** you made up. Wait, actually it's s*** you cribbed from other malcontents on the web. I saw the same black helicopter theory in the comments section of the story last night.

Sorry, I don't accept elaborate nonsensical fantasies cooked up by people who cannot fathom than not everyone is as culturally or technologically savvy as they. Occam's Razor killed this goofy tale in the womb.

It wasn't. You have zero evidence outside of liberal fever dreams that it was anything else.

Indeed.

Of course I didn't make up the concept of use of social media in business.

The people used Facebook for their business. They have experience with the culture and technology.

You have zero proof they are naive innocents also and not gaming the system when they got the opportunity. C'mon, you really don't think I am capable of having that thought on my own. I would have to steal the idea that someone would potentially game the system from others. Especially after witnessing first hand the positives and negatives of it.

We are both capable of it.

Well, the guy that wrote that article certainly had an agenda. "Tolerati" :-\

Sorry tigger, but the idea that the media represent some sort of unified block of liberals with an agenda just won't hunt.

Sure, the media thrive on controversy of any and all sorts, but it has nothing to do with having an agenda, other than making money.

People of good will on both sides of this marriage issue need to push their voices to the forefront and drown out the crazies on either end. I don't know why we've bought the lie in this country that we either have to agree on everything or grasp the reins of power and punish all dissenters, but it needs to stop. It's neither a truly liberal, nor a historical conservative value to hold.

I would agree if you could show me a logical place to draw the line. Otherwise, what we are dealing with is the basic principle of separation of church and state.

Of course, we already violate the principle in ways that just don't seem worth fighting over, such as "In God We Trust" and the use of prayer as preludes to government functions. Maybe this will wind up like that. Maybe certain religious-based discrimination will be seen as legally acceptable or just not worth fighting over.

But if so, it will be a loss for those of us who feel a completely secular state is a requirement for a truly free and diverse country. Such a principle should not yield even to majority power.

I've already shown you the logical place. But since you want capitulation and not compromise you refuse to accept it.

Let me spell it out again with three options for the line, two of which won't work.

1. Gay marriage is legal. No business owner can decline to be part of the ceremony regardless of religious or conscience objections. This goes even for people who have to attend and be there through the whole thing.

2. Gay marriage is illegal. Since it's not a legal ceremony anyway, it's largely moot as to whether someone can be compelled to take part in it.

3. Gay marriage is legal. In general, business owners cannot refuse to do business with gay people. There are no religious objections to serving gay people a burger. Heck, there aren't even any to providing housing, or medicine, or inheritance rights. But in situations where a business owner is being asked to use their expressions, artistic talents, and time to materially participate in event they have religious objections to (such as a wedding), they can decline.

The first two don't work. They grant all of the power and rights to one side while trampling on the other completely. The third one however is workable and logical. Both sides have rights. Both sides retain their rights, including the right to be left alone. It's a compromise. Is it perfect? No. Compromise never is. But it's essential to a democracy such as ours.

Indeed.

Of course I didn't make up the concept of use of social media in business.

The people used Facebook for their business. They have experience with the culture and technology.

You have zero proof they are naive innocents also and not gaming the system when they got the opportunity. C'mon, you really don't think I am capable of having that thought on my own. I would have to steal the idea that someone would potentially game the system from others. Especially after witnessing first hand the positives and negatives of it.

We are both capable of it.

Grandparents have Facebook pages. It's not that hard to click a few buttons and have one for your restaurant.

I don't have to prove innocence. I just use the principles of Occam's Razor and understand that the simplest explanation is generally the right one rather than coming up with Machiavellian schemes to get rich quick. Show me something other than, "I detest their views and detest that they somehow managed to have some good come out of this nightmare so it must have been their plan all along."

The Scooby Doo writers told better tales.

case in point...hands up dont shoot - it never happened but the media didn't get that memo

fraternity rape culture- never happened

Duke LaCrosse story- completely manufactured

White cops are hunting down killing black kids- numbers do not bear this myth out

These are just examples that spring immediately to mind proving the medias complicity with the lefts victimization agenda

Is it really fair to charge the media with reverberating a totem that turns out to be false?

In fact, all those stories prove is the media is willing to hype most anything if it's emotionally effective. And you can't seriously think they would do it if they knew it was false. Heck, that's not the way the media works. They are competing with each other. The motivation would be the first to expose it as false.

This crap about the "media is united against" us is paranoid. It just reflects a losing position.

Archived