Who Does Muschamp Trust?

Proud Tiger

Muschamp interview in Montgomery. He addresses the linebackers

Boom says he 'has confidence in all 3', meaning Cass, KF, and TW; but then quickly adds Justin Garrett to the list. Says he's not ready to name starters, yet. Interestingly, TW is the only one training at both Mike and Will positions. Sounds like TW could be used as a super-sub for either Cass or KF; but also like he might start.

Somebody go pull up some articles and interviews from this exact same time last season, see what the coaches were saying about the defense 12 months ago.............

Bottom line, until I see marked improvement on the field I'm taking the coaches comments with a grain of salt. I haven't seen a stout, "Auburn" defense since freaking 2005-2006.

And guess who was dcoordinator during those years? U guessed it, BOOM!!!

Actually Muschamp (I assume that's who you are referring too) was there in 2006 and 2007 not in 2005. And Tommy tuberville was the head coach which was the real reason the defense was consistently good for all the years he was head coach. Tuberville was more responsible for our defensive success than Muschamp was,, IMO. That's why the defense was good year after year regardless of the DC was.

Yeah, there's no point in looking at Muschamp's AU defenses to predict future results. Looking at his UF defenses is more informative. Fortunately, they were really freaking good, too.

Archived