2015 SEC softball tournament bracket

Well, i should know by now to never trust what ESPN puts on their screen. They released the bracket and had Auburn playing at 3 PM thursday. Turns out we are going to be playing at 10 AM thursday. Here's the bracket:

CEHXAX_UMAAVTX4.jpg

The SEC Website says that the #2 seed plays at 3PM on Thursday. It says we play the winner of the #7 vs #10 seed game. Well, South Carolina is the #10 seed. Miss. State is the #9 seed. Apparently, the brackets are not correct or the SEC has reconstructed the brackets.

LSU as the host school gets the prime time game Thursday night. That's why the bracket was reshuffled and we play the first game at 10:00.

LSU as the host school gets the prime time game Thursday night. That's why the bracket was reshuffled and we play the first game at 10:00.

That still doesn't make sense because the SEC site says they have had the primetime game all along. I don't get how Miss. State is the #10 seed and South Carolina is the #9 seed. Miss.State is two games ahead of SC.

Mississippi State and South Carolina both finished 10-14 in the league, but Carolina took 2 of 3 from State just this weekend, thus winning the tie breaker. Are you sure you are looking at the updated standings and bracket? ESPN did have us at 3:00pm at first, but it is 10:00am.

The way things are setting up, the SEC tourney has prospects of being tougher than early rounds of the NCAA.

7 of the top 15 softball teams as rated by RPI will be fighting it out in Baton Rouge,

We won't have a couple of those teams who got "guaranteed spots" to warm up with....gonna get a serious competitor right out of the box.

This will have almost the same level of competition as in the CWS.

Just like Hoover is considered a mini CWS or the closest thing to it, the same thing can be said about the SEC Sb Tourney and WCWS. If Mizzou does beat Mississippi State so that we play them Thursday, they will be Super Regional caliber and tougher than anyone we could face opening weekend in the regional round.

Mississippi State and South Carolina both finished 10-14 in the league, but Carolina took 2 of 3 from State just this weekend, thus winning the tie breaker. Are you sure you are looking at the updated standings and bracket? ESPN did have us at 3:00pm at first, but it is 10:00am.

The SEC has changed the standings now. They had Miss.State at 10-14 and USCe at 12-12 yesterday. I promise. I am not dreaming. Now that it has been updated, it makes perfect sense. Thanks.

All games in the tournament are televised. No need to stream them.

If you don't have access to a TV with SEC Network, there is a need to stream them.

Auburn's girls have been in Baton Rouge since Friday....and probably will be there through the coming weekend. Can't believe they will end up missing more than a week of classes.

What do these girls do about school :dunno:

Auburn's girls have been in Baton Rouge since Friday....and probably will be there through the coming weekend. Can't believe they will end up missing more than a week of classes.

What do these girls do about school :dunno:/>

Classes are over now. They either took finals online or had a proctor at LSU last week. Or maybe Auburn has someone traveling with the team who proctors the finals.

What do these girls do about school :dunno:

it was mentioned during the lsu series that they would stay in baton rogue for the tournament and take their finals in baton rogue.

watchespn shows it as "upcoming" thursday at 11 EST

...on SEC Network.

Day 1 about as expected...though UK gave the Vols a very good game....perhaps USCe win over the Aggies was a bit of an upset.

http://secsports.go.com/bracket/softball

Marcy starting?

I would guess Marcy or Lexi starting with Rachael in relief. Missouri had their righty throw a 1-hitter yesterday and have a lefty fresh for us. This will be a tough game.

Tomorrow is the day! Hopefully the dramatic Game 3 win in the regular season series with give this team the confidence and boost they need to come out of Bama's shadow in softball and knock off the Tide tomorrow afternoon.

She pitched two in a row when we played them. I'm sure she will start tomorrow, too. I hope our coaches have a plan. I know they do.

Someone made an observation middle of the season that our girls were having problems with the rise ball and I think the next weekend was when we played bama. Wonder if that was a problem that series against their pitcher ... Possibly corrected now?

Archived