2016 3* ILB Elysee Mbem-Bosse (Michigan commit)

au_bsci_04

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a great O Class so far and a great D Class so far. We still need a few pieces another O-Line. another DT, and another LB or 2 are the most obvious needs. I think the panic at LB especially with this kid is so many other teams like him, he has good size and speed, no issues that I have heard of and we don't seem to have any other LB's lined up. We have room for 2 more LB's since we are loosing 3 seniors so why not give him the offer even if we are still recruiting another LB. It is not like he is a 2* type kid.

The idiom isn't about hatching. It's about eating. If all the eggs are in one basket, that basket could fall and all your eggs break. No es bueno.

So, in this analogy, the staff put many eggs in many baskets. They (possibly) lost some eggs in the LB basket, but there's still plenty to go around.

Also, I'm not sure the Terry analogy works either. From the look of him at the start and end of his Auburn career, it was clear that Terry was eating many eggs from many baskets.

Wait-What-Meme-02.jpg

The idiom isn't about hatching. It's about eating. If all the eggs are in one basket, that basket could fall and all your eggs break. No es bueno.

So, in this analogy, the staff put many eggs in many baskets. They (possibly) lost some eggs in the LB basket, but there's still plenty to go around.

Also, I'm not sure the Terry analogy works either. From the look of him at the start and end of his Auburn career, it was clear that Terry was eating many eggs from many baskets.

Wait-What-Meme-02.jpg

Don't count your eucalyptus before it hatches, IronMan. Everybody knows that ....

• 1 month later...

We have had a great recruiting class so far. I don't know how it will end up but a couple of players that we might endup with will have gone a roundabout way. First Stephen Davis Jr. committed then apparently new coaches didn't show him a lot of love he de-committed and everybody says it is over now we are recruiting him hard and it is looking like we might get him back. Then EMB we were initially told new coaches liked him then they didn't then new coaches as recently as a few days ago coaches did not appear that high on him. Now an in house visit this week which means either we want him because new staff really likes him a lot or we are hurting and he is a late pickup.

I don't know whether we will get either Davis or EMB but the recruiting of these two has certainly provided a lot of good reading on this board. If we get a few more of the key players we are trying like Craig, Meyers, Brown I will be elated. I will be happy with this class whether we sign either Davis or EMB but I am one of the ones who has liked both from the beginning so I will be even happier if we sign one or both.

I don't know whether we will get either Davis or EMB but the recruiting of these two has certainly provided a lot of good reading on this board.

That made me chuckle.

CB for Auburn today so maybe things are changing with his recruitment?

The last pick on him was for NC State a week ago. http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Elysee-Mbem-Bosse-at-Cedar-Grove-136718/CurrentExpertPredictions

We are not trending but coaches do plan to see him tomorrow. Still behind Uche & Laguins on the board.

CB for Auburn today so maybe things are changing with his recruitment?

The last pick on him was for NC State a week ago. http://247sports.com...pertPredictions

We are not trending but coaches do plan to see him tomorrow. Still behind Uche & Laguins on the board.

Speed seems to be the hiccup here. He has some..., but if he isn't able to play in this league, why waste a spot?

Now an in house visit this week which means either we want him because new staff really likes him a lot or we are hurting and he is a late pickup.

Neither. We are visiting him in case we miss on top targets Josh Iche & Laguins. If we miss on them them EMB may become a top target.

Now an in house visit this week which means either we want him because new staff really likes him a lot or we are hurting and he is a late pickup.

Neither. We are visiting him in case we miss on top targets Josh Iche & Laguins. If we miss on them them EMB may become a top target.

That must make him feel REALLY good about himself. Can you imagine how awkward the conversation must have been? Just as awkward as telling an average girl that you might take her to the prom, but you want to ask a couple of prettier girls first to see if they might say yes.

That must make him feel REALLY good about himself. Can you imagine how awkward the conversation must have been? Just as awkward as telling an average girl that you might take her to the prom, but you want to ask a couple of prettier girls first to see if they might say yes.

Obviously the staff is not selling it to him that way. No staff does this late in the process.

Some players dont like being considered back up plans. I believe GG Robinson was one that didn't want to wait to see if a spot opened up.

Some players dont like being considered back up plans. I believe GG Robinson was one that didn't want to wait to see if a spot opened up.

Yes but he waited a very long time. He did not close things down til the day before NSD.

I thought he was an EE?

He was going to be if he could have committed to the good guys, but they wouldn't take his commitment. If I remember correctly.

I thought he was an EE?

He was going to be if he could have committed to the good guys, but they wouldn't take his commitment. If I remember correctly.

No. He just couldn't finish up to be an EE anywhere, much like Woody for us.

I thought he was an EE?

No. He just couldn't finish up to be an EE anywhere, much like Woody for us.

Oh ok. I must have misunderstood it then. Thanks

You'd think as a 3-star trying to get into a top program, that you'd have to expect a little of that, especially when you drag your recruitment out until signing day. I would imagine the majority of 3-stars pick a school much earlier in the process to lock their spot (or at least lock a grey shirt if they picked bama).

Archived