2016 3* ILB Elysee Mbem-Bosse (Michigan commit)

au_bsci_04

Could anyone explain exactly what our recruiting strategy is? We seem to rotate between getting no interest from top players to having top players interested and our coaches quit calling them or say we are no longer recruiting them. I just don't get it.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am waiting for someone to tell us that we must have not wanted him anymore if we are no longer recruiting him. There are lots of those people on this site.

I am waiting for someone to tell us that we must have not wanted him anymore if we are no longer recruiting him. There are lots of those people on this site.

No longer wanting a prospect is a pretty good reason to stop recruiting him. Why else stop recruiting an uncommitted guy 4 months out?

I have no idea if we've stopped recruiting this player or not, but one thing's for certain: We're not recruiting anybody we don't want. Slow playing a few? Sure. No longer contacting? Something's changed and we're no longer interested.

I could understand if this was a kid the old coaches wanted and the new coaches didn't but just a couple months ago our coaches were really high on him. What has changed our interest. Are we getting positive feedback from what we think are better players. Right I don't see a lot of linebackers that are high on us. So what gives?

I could understand if this was a kid the old coaches wanted and the new coaches didn't but just a couple months ago our coaches were really high on him. What has changed our interest. Are we getting positive feedback from what we think are better players. Right I don't see a lot of linebackers that are high on us. So what gives?

Excellent question!

Excellent question!

It is. No clue whats going on.

Excellent question!

The most likely explanations to me would be the following:

1) He has made it clear to the coaching staff that he is no longer interested in Auburn;

2) He is recruiting for other teams;

3) He has eligibility issues;

4) We have confidence that we will sign a group of LBers better than him (insert laugh track here);

5) Auburn only gives one scholarship at a time to African players;

6) His name is too difficult to spell and the staff doesn't want to look foolish trying to pronounce it so they mutually decided to part ways;

7) Auburn no longer has any interest in recruiting at the LBer position because we have a new plan to recruit rugby players from Australia and give them a chance to play linebacker.

8) He decided to quit football altogether to pursue a career in fashion design.

I am going with number 1.

Excellent question!

1) He has made it clear to the coaching staff that he is no longer interested in Auburn;

4) We have confidence that we will sign a group of LBers better than him (insert laugh track here);

6) His name is too difficult to spell and the staff doesn't want to look foolish trying to pronounce it so they mutually decided to part ways;

7) Auburn no longer has any interest in recruiting at the LBer position because we have a new plan to recruit rugby players from Australia and give them a chance to play linebacker.

You had me up through #3...could even believe #4 if the bagman is rockin and rollin. No way on #s 5-8...too far fetched to be plausible. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some of our current players are thinking of careers in fashion design.

Excellent question!

Is that list in order of most to least plausible?

Look at this practically - what does committing to play for Auburn look like right now to any 17/18 year old with scholly offers from other solid programs (i.e. any 3+ star recruit)? On paper we have a lights out staff. Are we just hitting a speed bump on O right now or is this not curable? Are Muschamp & his assistants turning the corner or doing their best Van Gorder/Roof resume sabbatical impersonations? Recruit gets hesitant with us, we see that, blah blah blah.

No reason to worry. We're now after former LSU 5-star LB Clifton Garrett who was supposedly so bad at LSU that he was passed up by walk-ons before he decided to leave.

No reason to worry. We're now after former LSU 5-star LB Clifton Garrett who was supposedly so bad at LSU that he was passed up by walk-ons before he decided to leave.

Ha! I love the sarcasm. Well, that IS what we are good at...drafting players with lots of stars who end up performing poorly on the field.

Ha! I love the sarcasm. Well, that IS what we are good at...drafting players with lots of stars who end up performing poorly on the field.

Lance Thompson is his recruiter.

Depends on what he is doing. Could be leaning toward the counter for his cereal if its breakfast. Could be leaning toward his girl for a kiss. Could be leaning over cause he is tired. I'll get back to you when I get more information.

Excellent question!

And the pay sites have not even attempted to answer it. Not that it matters. I put little stock in what the AU recruiting reporters post or what's fed to them from those close to the staff. As you can tell from the frustration in one of WDEWDE's posts a month or so ago there are a lot of sunshine pumpers supposedly close to the program feeding info right now.

Excellent question!

And the pay sites have not even attempted to answer it. Not that it matters. I put little stock in what the AU recruiting reporters post or what's fed to them from those close to the staff. As you can tell from the frustration in one of WDEWDE's posts a month or so ago there are a lot of sunshine pumpers supposedly close to the program feeding info right now.

E's back.

Excellent question!

Not much sunshine anymore as it was this spring, summer and fall camp. Beats anything I've ever seen with AU football.

Excellent question!

E's back.

I don't think he ever left. He just lurks in the shadows...like Batman

It's kind of funny, one week I read we are doing well in recruiting and the next we'll be lucky to sign anybody. I'm guessing, or at least I'm hoping it's somewhere in the middle.

Archived