2016 3* ILB Elysee Mbem-Bosse (Michigan commit)

au_bsci_04

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have absolutely made a mess of our linebacker recruiting this season...

We have, at one point in time, "lead" for, or at least had "high interest" from several top recruits... and we have struck out on all of them.

Now, the problem we're staring at, is that everybody is snatching up all of our "back-up plans"... because we wouldn't gettem when we had the chance.

No way, should Tre Threat be our ONLY linebacker signee in the '16 class... no way.

smh

We have, at one point in time, "lead" for, or at least had "high interest" from several top recruits... and we have struck out on all of them.

Now, the problem we're staring at, is that everybody is snatching up all of our "back-up plans"... because we wouldn't gettem when we had the chance.

No way, should Tre Threat be our ONLY linebacker signee in the '16 class... no way.

smh

Stephon Davis Jr. will be also be a linebacker.

smh

Fire Kevin Steele.

smh

In all fairness it's hard to recruit a position when you have a new a new coach for that position every year. It usually takes 2 years to develop relationships w/ prospects that will pay dividends on the recruiting trail. I don't think we have had the same LB coach for 2 years since Roof was fired.

smh

With the exception of last year, this has been the case since the 2011 recruiting class. Same ol' same ol', year after year. One player, Tre Williams, is the only top of the line LB recruit we have to show for classes 2011 through 2014. We did get some good prospects last year.

smh

Fire Kevin Steele.

Nah... lots of'em we're off the board before he was even hired...

I'm not convinced Threat will be our only signee. Seems to me that Davis Jr. (uncommitted) is a LB/S type of player. He's definitely still on the board. Uche (uncommitted) is still on the board. Until he's off the board, Ben Davis (uncommitted) is on the board, and from what I understand, we're still recruiting Laguins (UGA commit). I suspect we'll hit on at least one of those.

I'm not convinced Threat will be our only signee. Seems to me that Davis Jr. (uncommitted) is a LB/S type of player. He's definitely still on the board. Uche (uncommitted) is still on the board. Until he's off the board, Ben Davis (uncommitted) is on the board, and from what I understand, we're still recruiting Laguins (UGA commit). I suspect we'll hit on at least one of those.

At this point it would a bit of a sorprise if we hit on anyone besides SDj.

At this point it would a bit of a sorprise if we hit on anyone besides SDj.

what I'm sayin...

smh

Fire Kevin Steele.

No- it's #fireksteele

Uche just committed to Michigan along with Elysee. Ben Davis is the longest of long shots. And I've never heard of laguins, so I don't know a thing.

Uche just committed to Michigan along with Elysee. Ben Davis is the longest of long shots. And I've never heard of laguins, so I don't know a thing.

Laguins ain't leavin uga.

smh

With the exception of last year, this has been the case since the 2011 recruiting class. Same ol' same ol', year after year. One player, Tre Williams, is the only top of the line LB recruit we have to show for classes 2011 through 2014. We did get some good prospects last year.

And, those good prospects were not even good enough to beat out Frost. Think about that for a minute. I am worried.

I really hope that these two guys don't turn out to be studs. We desperately need linebackers, and Michigan obviously sees something in these two guys. Hope we didn't make a mistake by not pushing!

I really hope that these two guys don't turn out to be studs. We desperately need linebackers, and Michigan obviously sees something in these two guys. Hope we didn't make a mistake by not pushing!

We did push on Uche.

Archived