2016 5* DT Rashan Gary (Michigan Signee)

McLoofus

And NO, every time some kid chooses a school other than Auburn it's not because they paid him. We, of all fan bases, should know that.

I agree with this but why would he all of a sudden have Ole Miss in the top 2? Or should I say why does his mom have them in the top 2?

Good question. If Gary did sign with Ole Miss, make that the #1, #2, and #5 ranked recruits heading to Ole Miss. Just to show how good their class could be.

Hey, somebody has to be a challenge to Bama ...

Until we can get it right ...

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys questioning Freeze just don't get it. He is, next to Saban, the best recruiter in college football. Even at Ole Miss. Had t he taken the Florida job he would , in 3 years, win the east every year. He's that good.

You guys questioning Freeze just don't get it. He is, next to Saban, the best recruiter in college football. Even at Ole Miss. Had t he taken the Florida job he would , in 3 years, win the east every year. He's that good.

Yes.

Anyone who watched the post game interview at the Sugar Bowl with Chad Kelly and Hugh Freeze with their arms around each other ought to know why kids want to play there.

Not only is Freeze a great coach and recruiter but he's a great father figure for a lot of his players, and you can tell they have a great deal of affection, admiration and loyalty for him.

Players get paid at every school.

Auburn should never get out recruited by Ole Miss. Ole Miss is one of those outposts like Gnome Alaska. Freeze is a good recruiter no doubt. This was the peak year for Ole Miss. Look for a return to the pack in 2016. I hope Steele will put together a staff that is second to none with regard to recruiting prowess and putting a superior product on the field. Freeze will move on in a few seasons.

Auburn should never get out recruited by Ole Miss. Ole Miss is one of those outposts like Gnome Alaska. Freeze is a good recruiter no doubt. This was the peak year for Ole Miss. Look for a return to the pack in 2016. I hope Steele will put together a staff that is second to none with regard to recruiting prowess and putting a superior product on the field. Freeze will move on in a few seasons.

I can see a return to the pack next season but this class will be much like the one that included rob k., Treadwell and tunsil. They are filling all of their needs and upgrading at some positions with this class. Look for them to be relevant for several more years if freeze sticks around.

You're living in the past doc. It's a NEW DAY in Oxford. From their president on down to their AD & Coach, they are top notch. Basketball and baseball included. They have passed everyone in the west except LSU & bama, and are closing in on LSU even as I type this. If Freeze turned down Florida, which he did, he is not leaving.

I never questioned Coach Freeze. I questioned that Ole Miss just jumped into the picture after not being on the radar. I highly doubt any head coach is involved with paying anybody, even Saban. From what I have seen and heard of Coach Freeze he seems like a very likable guy.

Nate Craig Myers is all of a sudden interested in Ole Miss now too. I'm just saying, it's funny how Ole Miss is all of a sudden in the top group when they were no where close before.

Nate Craig Myers is all of a sudden interested in Ole Miss now too. I'm just saying, it's funny how Ole Miss is all of a sudden in the top group when they were no where close before.

They've been successful on the field.

So what. Lot of teams are. They brought in the Treadwell group out of nowhere.

Its easier for some people to go to the generic "they are paying for players" than to just admit someone who doesn't work for AU is doing a fantastic job.

So what. Lot of teams are. They brought in the Treadwell group out of nowhere.

It actually makes sense with him. It could be that he just saw Kelly lighting it up with passes to all those tall WRs and he sees himself as the next Treadwell. Then he sees the "chance" of Kelly coming back or a 5* QB like Shea Patterson right behind him being able to get him the ball and he likes what he sees.

And to be perfectly honest I'm questioning why we're getting all these stud wide receivers based on our passing attack of the past few years. I know Coach Craig is the reason but the performance on the field doesn't equate with 4 and 5 stars coming in, particularly the #1 WR in the country. But I'll take it any way we get it.

And to be perfectly honest I'm questioning why we're getting all these stud wide receivers based on our passing attack of the past few years. I know Coach Craig is the reason but the performance on the field doesn't equate with 4 and 5 stars coming in, particularly the #1 WR in the country. But I'll take it any way we get it.

Well we built relationships with all of these stud receivers. Relations that existed before the disappointing season. Spare me the we cheat too, everybody cheats talk.

And there was nothing wrong with our passing attack last year. Unless you think Bo wallace's was better. If so, we might as well stop the conversation.

You're living in the past doc. It's a NEW DAY in Oxford. From their president on down to their AD & Coach, they are top notch. Basketball and baseball included. They have passed everyone in the west except LSU & bama, and are closing in on LSU even as I type this. If Freeze turned down Florida, which he did, he is not leaving.

I understand what you are saying, but in the long run they will trend down to a mid to lower level team. Auburn is a top 10 program financially and will be a superior program in the long run.

I understand that Gary and his mother have been very interested in Ole Miss since at least November, and Craig apparently likes another school every other week. So, I don't find any of this to be surprising, especially given the points that tinman, myself and others have made.

Also, have any of you seen the 30 for 30 on Bill McCartney? He was pulling big time recruits away from USC and Nebraska and Oklahoma to come play for him at Colorado, and went on to become national champions. He did that because he was an incredible recruiter who had a compelling message, while also possessing an incredible skill for winning over players families. It's not uncommon for players to change their minds late in the process. Some coaches are just better at what they are doing than others, and like many things in life, the right timing can make all the difference.

I understand what you are saying, but in the long run they will trend down to a mid to lower level team. Auburn is a top 10 program financially and will be a superior program in the long run.

Probably so. But another 6 or 7 win season next year and we'll be starting over with a new coach and staff, so we can expect a drought for a few more years. But I'm old enough to remember the Johnny Vaught days at Ole Miss, and he was consistently at the top of the league. Freeze has great support from some big $$$$ boosters as well as state politicians, and they see what kind of an economic impact winning brings to the state. Just having game day last year opened eyes at Oxford. They're pumping every available dollar into athletics and facilities.

I think that doc overestimates AU. This not the same SEC compared to 20 years ago. I do not believe that auburn is top ten financially. There is no way when you factor in the payments being paid to coaches that don't even coach at auburn. If the the AD shows that we are making money, it is because they are cooking the books.

Oxford is a great college town. I believe they are completing the construction on their stadium to make completely closed. Should turnout to be a nice 70 to 75 thousand seat stadium.

aTm has way more money than AU. That would put AU in fourth in the west. With the way we hire and fire coaches, AU will always be Rollar coaster.

I understand that Gary and his mother have been very interested in Ole Miss since at least November, and Craig apparently likes another school every other week. So, I don't find any of this to be surprising, especially given the points that tinman, myself and others have made.

Also, have any of you seen the 30 for 30 on Bill McCartney? He was pulling big time recruits away from USC and Nebraska and Oklahoma to come play for him at Colorado, and went on to become national champions. He did that because he was an incredible recruiter who had a compelling message, while also possessing an incredible skill for winning over players families. It's not uncommon for players to change their minds late in the process. Some coaches are just better at what they are doing than others, and like many things in life, the right timing can make all the difference.

No, NCM is not the type to like a school every other week. It's been a battle between AU, Florida State, Florida, and North Carolina for the longest. Ole Miss popping up was random.

And sometimes people are just good recruiters because of their shady recruiting tactics. I can think of a coach from Colorado that fits that mold too.

No, NCM is not the type to like a school every other week. It's been a battle between AU, Florida State, Florida, and North Carolina for the longest. Ole Miss popping up was random.

And sometimes people are just good recruiters because of their shady recruiting tactics. I can think of a coach from Colorado that fits that mold too.

You might be right, Jeff. No one here knows, honestly. Is it shady that two big names in a line of many are lately interested in the school that just won the Sugar Bowl, that is about to have three players drafted in the first 15 picks of the draft opening up their positions of need, that has beaten the best program in the country two years running, and who has an extremely likeable, passionate and successful young head coach? Yeah, it might be shady. I think we are just arguing that there are many, many tangible, logical, and likely alternatives to that theory. Time will tell.

Maybe you are right about NCM. The first time I remember seeing UNC pop up was December. I don't see anyone questioning UNC either, which is kind of surprising. Still, it isn't like Ole Miss hasn't been actively recruiting him until last month. I'm sure there have been relationships slowly building there as well.

I do know that Gary's mom loves Ole Miss, and that Chris Kiffin and Rashan have been building a good relationship for months. All that being said, I don't see either Craig or Gary heading to Oxford, but these are 18 year olds and nothing should be surprising.

You might be right, Jeff. No one here knows, honestly. Is it shady that two big names in a line of many are lately interested in the school that just won the Sugar Bowl, that is about to have three players drafted in the first 15 picks of the draft opening up their positions of need, that has beaten the best program in the country two years running, and who has an extremely likeable, passionate and successful young head coach? Yeah, it might be shady. I think we are just arguing that there are many, many tangible, logical, and likely alternatives to that theory. Time will tell.

Maybe you are right about NCM. The first time I remember seeing UNC pop up was December. I don't see anyone questioning UNC either, which is kind of surprising. Still, it isn't like Ole Miss hasn't been actively recruiting him until last month. I'm sure there have been relationships slowly building there as well.

I do know that Gary's mom loves Ole Miss, and that Chris Kiffin and Rashan have been building a good relationship for months. All that being said, I don't see either Craig or Gary heading to Oxford, but these are 18 year olds and nothing should be surprising.

Freeze & his staff are great recruiters but Ole Miss is playing the game. And yes I do know how the game is played. Been part of it.

And I'll add if the "game" is played right there is no way the NCAA can stop it or even bust a school for it. There is no, none, zip evidence left behind that will get back to the school. And I'm not talking about 100K of cash. Subtitle things. Only way a school can stop this is the coaches at a school stop it. All I'm going to say. TIFWW.

Well, NCM took an official visit to UNC in Seotember; I have NO clue where you got December from. Also, I'm pretty sure they were one of the first to offer his brother also. Other than that, I'm still highly skeptical of how Ole Miss acquired those big four players three years ago in Connor, Treadwell, Tunsil, and Nkemidiche. It's not like they were achieving any success at all at the time. I guess the chipmunk telling his players that he loves them and singing kumbaya with them is a great recruiting tool.

An incidents like this makes you wonder even more about what is really going on. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/stepfather_of_ole_miss_star_la.html

Well, NCM took an official visit to UNC in Seotember; I have NO clue where you got December from. Also, I'm pretty sure they were one of the first to offer his brother also. Other than that, I'm still highly skeptical of how Ole Miss acquired those big four players three years ago in Connor, Treadwell, Tunsil, and Nkemidiche. It's not like they were achieving any success at all at the time. I guess the chipmunk telling his players that he loves them and singing kumbaya with them is a great recruiting tool.

An incidents like this makes you wonder even more about what is really going on. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/stepfather_of_ole_miss_star_la.html

You are certainly entitled to your opinions Jeff.

Freeze & his staff are great recruiters but Ole Miss is playing the game. And yes I do know how the game is played. Been part of it.

And I'll add if the "game" is played right there is no way the NCAA can stop it or even bust a school for it. There is no, none, zip evidence left behind that will get back to the school. And I'm not talking about 100K of cash. Subtitle things. Only way a school can stop this is the coaches at a school stop it. All I'm going to say. TIFWW.

Auburn is playing the game just as much as Ole Miss. Not saying you, WDE, but I wish we would stop acting like this is something only other schools would do.

Archived