Kid Rock Says Kiss My A...

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid Rock has gone against the herd. The herd doesn't like that.

wake_up_sheeple.png

Who the hell is Kid Rock, and why should I care? :dunno:

Then why post in the thread.

Like Japantiger said this guy is involved in a ton of philanthropy for the state of Michigan and the city of Detroit. Be it veterans and their families, children's illness, cancer research, providing money for funerals for impoverished families, Detroit schools, the Michigan food banks, and the list goes on and on.

You should care because he is being told to conform to a view or we will go after the charities you help and the organizations that sponsor you.

Funny thing is, I was reading an article and there is no CBF in the museum Sharpton wants boycotted, and Rock has not even used the CFB in any form on his current tour. Though I suspect that might change now.

Can't believe no one has said this yet.....

Bawitdaba.

Got that CD.

Good heavens! How long ago was that?

Can't believe no one has said this yet.....

Bawitdaba.

Got that CD.

Good heavens! How long ago was that?

About 15 years ago or so. I remember when and where I bought it(when I was 15).

Edit: 1998. So I was even younger.

Not a fan of his, but I was curious. He is already in the Southeast and only has 5 dates that were set long time ago. Tickets for Atlanta have been on sale since Feb so the others will be about the same time.

The rest of his dates are in the North and West. With 10 Michigan dates in August. You don't exactly blast things about your home state right before playing a series of dates there. Ask the Dixie Chicks how that works out.

Besides he has better marking ploys. Like telling the concert industry to kiss his ass also by making all tickets 20 dollars, setting venue beer sales at 4 dollars, and eliminating purchase charges from his ticket sales though supporting distributors.

With shows slated to sell out at each venue over his four-month stint, however, secondary market ticket brokers could cash out big on fans strapped for tickets.

http://www.forbes.co...ticket-brokers/

That article is from Feb in Forbes.

I think he had more to lose than gain by his statements.

If you really believe that then....Well it's your opinion

Not a fan of his, but I was curious. He is already in the Southeast and only has 5 dates that were set long time ago. Tickets for Atlanta have been on sale since Feb so the others will be about the same time.

The rest of his dates are in the North and West. With 10 Michigan dates in August. You don't exactly blast things about your home state right before playing a series of dates there. Ask the Dixie Chicks how that works out.

Besides he has better marking ploys. Like telling the concert industry to kiss his ass also by making all tickets 20 dollars, setting venue beer sales at 4 dollars, and eliminating purchase charges from his ticket sales though supporting distributors.

With shows slated to sell out at each venue over his four-month stint, however, secondary market ticket brokers could cash out big on fans strapped for tickets.

Then be an adult and prove it is entirely a marketing ploy, that his ticket sales are not what is being reported, and that the Forbes article is false and inaccurate. You complain about posters that address your points with just simple I'm right and you are wrong answers. That is exactly what you have done here.

Just because someone has an opinion about something doesn't mean they're not also right.

I like some of his earlier stuff. Can't tell you a song as of late. His stance on this flag makes no difference to me in any instance. Why he uses the flag is up to him. I only have a problem with state governments flying it. I get annoyed by those who won't admit why the civil war happened but the flag is really a side stor to that. People who don't get why some are offended by the flag will never get it and probably miss a lot of other obvious social complexities too. They are beyond correction.

I like some of his earlier stuff. Can't tell you a song as of late. His stance on this flag makes no difference to me in any instance. Why he uses the flag is up to him. I only have a problem with state governments flying it. I get annoyed by those who won't admit why the civil war happened but the flag is really a side stor to that. People who don't get why some are offended by the flag will never get it and probably miss a lot of other obvious social complexities too. They are beyond correction.

I wrote a lengthy post from my phone on why the civil war was started, indulge yourself with facts.

I wrote a lengthy post from my phone on why the civil war was started, indulge yourself with facts.

no need for a lengthy post. One word can tell it.

no need for a lengthy post. One word can tell it.

What started and continued slavery in Americs ? Mr. One word man...

Then be an adult and prove it is entirely a marketing ploy, that his ticket sales are not what is being reported, and that the Forbes article is false and inaccurate. You complain about posters that address your points with just simple I'm right and you are wrong answers. That is exactly what you have done here.

You be an adult and prove it's not. Just because you showed his concerts is geared to a certain class of people means nothing. Common sense I'm in the south that mostly white people attend my shows they already were coming to my show with me endorsing the flag, I only stand to piss people off changing it. If his crowd was more blacks or he just all of a sudden started supporting the flag then I'd think different but I don't

You be an adult and prove it's not. Just because you showed his concerts is geared to a certain class of people means nothing. Common sense I'm in the south that mostly white people attend my shows they already were coming to my show with me endorsing the flag, I only stand to piss people off changing it. If his crowd was more blacks or he just all of a sudden started supporting the flag then I'd think different but I don't

I never showed what class of people go to his shows. Unless you mean those that like 20 dollar tickets, lower concession prices, and no service charges. I'm sure that applies to all demographics and genres though.

Now take your common sense statement and apply it to the 3/4 of his tour dates which are in New York, Michigan, California, Washington, Illinois, Ohio and Arizona. These are not Southern CFB waving states or Confederacy supporters. Also a large demographic of his audience will consist of individuals that are Asian and Hispanic's and mixed (especially those coast dates). With the exception of Arizona and maybe Ohio these are all blue states, and he just told blue leader Sharpton to kiss his ass. You don't think that his support of it could piss people off also?

And if he just now started supporting the flag, wouldn't that be the definition of a marketing ploy to gain momentum off of the current situation? Let's also not forget how this came about. He didn't initiate this. Sharpton did when he demanded Rock make a statement. Rock did and it was Sharpton kiss my ass.

Also should add in that Hispanics will make up a good population of his Florida and Texas shows.

No it wouldn't because like you said these ticket been on sale so if he didn't support and just now started supporting then he doesn't know which way people would react as opposed to everybody knows he promotes the flag then he gives the kiss my....now he's a hero to the cause and now people that didn't listen to his music but hip to the flag stuff are trying to see him and support him.

The population of a state don't equate the population of his show...so if Hispanics were supporting his show before now why would they change?

No it wouldn't because like you said these ticket been on sale

Correct. And the Forbes article is about the success of his tours and the fact that he is not having trouble selling tickets. Thus no need to use this as a marketing ploy mid-tour as sells are fine.

so if he didn't support and just now started supporting then he doesn't know which way people would react

Exactly. Which way will people go? It is a sensitive subject with the ability to gain support in some areas and lose support in others. Sponsors will also be concerned with how people view the topic. Walmart is one of the outlets that actually sells his tickets without the service charge, and will give 2 dollars off his music if a ticket is purchased there. Wal-mart has eliminated all CBF material. Thus a very risky marketing ploy as it conflicts with a sponsors view. Like I said... lose more than gain. Pissing off sponsors is not a good marketing campaign.

opposed to everybody knows he promotes the flag

We already knew that. Have known it for a decade when noone was debating the issue (you can find old interviews if you wish).

he gives the kiss my....now he's a hero to the cause and now people that didn't listen to his music but hip to the flag stuff are trying to see him and support him

I agree with this statement. Now that the flag is a huge issue there are those that will see him as a hero. There are also those who will demonize him and do whatever they can to take away his support (as seen in Detroit). He had not even made a statement on the flag and they already were demonizing him. Back to the don't know where people are going to go comment. So you have a wash. So not really a great idea for a marketing campaign.

And remember your statements:

I GUARANTEE he getting a tour down south started right now as we speak
Common sense I'm in the south that mostly white people attend my shows they already were coming to my show with me endorsing the flag

That is what I was going off of when I said that would be the definition of using it as a marketing ploy by just now showing support for it. So debate rages and Kid Rock says I got southern fans, I'm going to support the CFB. Public announcement: Kiss my ass the CFB rules. Ok promoter go set me up a Southeastern tour with multiple cities in the states showing the most support for the CFB ASAP.

The population of a state don't equate the population of his show

I would say a flag doesn't equate the population of his show either. But you appear to be doing that. I highly doubt the CFB is why people were going to his show. Give me a free ticket to Kayne,with concessions, have him wear all Auburn gear, and base his stage show around Native Americans killing Custer and I will still throw the ticket in the trash.

so if Hispanics were supporting his show before now why would they change?

Exactly. If people were going to and supporting his shows before this became a huge thing then they knew about the CFB, why would it matter now? Just another reason why this is not needed as a marketing ploy to get people in the seats. I'm from Texas. There are alot of Hispanics there, and a lot of mixed hispanics. Yes they do like Kid Rock. They don't just listen to la cucaracha.

Also as said. He had not been displaying the flag on this tour. He also did not initiate this, he only responded to demands by those calling him out and for boycotts. He also has a history of speaking his mind when asked. He doesn't tip toe and BS to either sides PC.

Just because someone has an opinion about something doesn't mean they're not also right.

"And just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." (Homer Simpson)

Hillary talks about being the champion for the little guy, K R walks it .

Correct. And the Forbes article is about the success of his tours and the fact that he is not having trouble selling tickets. Thus no need to use this as a marketing ploy mid-tour as sells are fine.

so if he didn't support and just now started supporting then he doesn't know which way people would react

Exactly. Which way will people go? It is a sensitive subject with the ability to gain support in some areas and lose support in others. Sponsors will also be concerned with how people view the topic. Walmart is one of the outlets that actually sells his tickets without the service charge, and will give 2 dollars off his music if a ticket is purchased there. Wal-mart has eliminated all CBF material. Thus a very risky marketing ploy as it conflicts with a sponsors view. Like I said... lose more than gain. Pissing off sponsors is not a good marketing campaign.

We already knew that. Have known it for a decade when noone was debating the issue (you can find old interviews if you wish).

he gives the kiss my....now he's a hero to the cause and now people that didn't listen to his music but hip to the flag stuff are trying to see him and support him

I agree with this statement. Now that the flag is a huge issue there are those that will see him as a hero. There are also those who will demonize him and do whatever they can to take away his support (as seen in Detroit). He had not even made a statement on the flag and they already were demonizing him. Back to the don't know where people are going to go comment. So you have a wash. So not really a great idea for a marketing campaign.

Common sense I'm in the south that mostly white people attend my shows they already were coming to my show with me endorsing the flag

That is what I was going off of when I said that would be the definition of using it as a marketing ploy by just now showing support for it. So debate rages and Kid Rock says I got southern fans, I'm going to support the CFB. Public announcement: Kiss my ass the CFB rules. Ok promoter go set me up a Southeastern tour with multiple cities in the states showing the most support for the CFB ASAP.

I would say a flag doesn't equate the population of his show either. But you appear to be doing that. I highly doubt the CFB is why people were going to his show. Give me a free ticket to Kayne,with concessions, have him wear all Auburn gear, and base his stage show around Native Americans killing Custer and I will still throw the ticket in the trash.

Exactly. If people were going to and supporting his shows before this became a huge thing then they knew about the CFB, why would it matter now? Just another reason why this is not needed as a marketing ploy to get people in the seats. I'm from Texas. There are alot of Hispanics there, and a lot of mixed hispanics. Yes they do like Kid Rock. They don't just listen to la cucaracha.

Also as said. He had not been displaying the flag on this tour. He also did not initiate this, he only responded to demands by those calling him out and for boycotts. He also has a history of speaking his mind when asked. He doesn't tip toe and BS to either sides PC.

Pretty much you took alot of what I wrote stood it alone and manipulated it out of context. Such as the last quote I didn't imply Hispanics didn't listen to him and just traditional Mexican music. I said the people that do why would they stop for any reason regarding a flag he has represented? They wouldn't. Hence there is nothing to lose.

As far as business just because something is going good doesn't mean we don't have to use a marketing ploy....wal Mart and McDonald's still use commercials and have clearances/sales like dollar General and Jack's....And I'm not even saying it's necessarily a marketing ploy that was just super planned out, more like an opportunity pops out and take advantage of it

Hillary talks about being the champion for the little guy, K R walks it .

LMBO, if he's the little guy champion then I see why they're the little guy. And make no mistake this was a common ground thing, as soon as this blows over the more traditional people using him for a cause now will probably be ticked off at something he'll do in the near future

Pretty much you took alot of what I wrote stood it alone and manipulated it out of context. Such as the last quote I didn't imply Hispanics didn't listen to him and just traditional Mexican music. I said the people that do why would they stop for any reason regarding a flag he has represented? They wouldn't. Hence there is nothing to lose.

As far as business just because something is going good doesn't mean we don't have to use a marketing ploy....wal Mart and McDonald's still use commercials and have clearances/sales like dollar General and Jack's....And I'm not even saying it's necessarily a marketing ploy that was just super planned out, more like an opportunity pops out and take advantage of it

You did imply/challenge that just cause a state had Hispanics that they didn't go to his show also. "The population of a state don't equate the population of his show". That was your response to my comment on the Western show demographics. I presented my personally knowledge of his fan-base as an individual that grew up in a heavy Hispanic populated state. I should of moved it up under that quote. Of course you didn't say that they only listened to traditional Mexican music. I think the majority of readers understand my use of that and its context. I even agree with you... why would they change now?

I did break your sentences up. Cause they run together due to your Swype errors. I did not manipulate anything out of context. I put everything back together and my answer still comes out the exact same.

I've done marketing. I know how it works. Why I took the time to look at the publicity side (good and bad) of the topic, the sponsor side, when tickets went on sale, how the sales were doing, where he was date wise in the current tour, etc. Why I weighed the politics of Michigan into his response. Remember when the Dixie Chicks made a comment against the politics of Texas? State turned on them and pretty much ended their careers. So sometimes the concept of "no such thing as bad publicity" does not apply.

And why didn't you just say this to me in the first place:

And I'm not even saying it's necessarily a marketing ploy that was just super planned out, more like an opportunity pops out and take advantage of it

Instead of the following :

The whole reason I looked at the stuff I did was cause I also was curious if he was just pulling a marketing stunt.

Archived