Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the look, but my only complaint is that it doesn't match the other accessories now. For example, if they do decide to wear orange cleats, socks or undershirts, those are all normal bright orange.

The only possible solution is to wear chrome EVERYTHING.

My man!

I like the look, but my only complaint is that it doesn't match the other accessories now. For example, if they do decide to wear orange cleats, socks or undershirts, those are all normal bright orange.

That would be so fierce.

No responses? Suddenly I'm less secure in the thought that my sarcasm was obvious. Edited accordingly.

That would be so fierce.

No responses? Suddenly I'm less secure in the thought that my sarcasm was obvious. Edited accordingly.

My sarcasm meter went off the charts, girlfriend.

I don't like the orange. It doesn't look like true burnt orange that we've had before.

There have been several posts stating that Auburn's orange is *burnt* orange. That is not correct. Texas is burnt orange. Auburn's orange is not burnt. Auburn has never used burnt orange.

I don't like the orange. It doesn't look like true burnt orange that we've had before.

There have been several posts stating that Auburn's orange is *burnt* orange. That is not correct. Texas is burnt orange. Auburn's orange is not burnt. Auburn has never used burnt orange.

From the official Auburn University Athletics web site:

"Auburn's official colors are burnt orange and navy blue."

I'm just enjoying the fact that we've got 20 some odd pages of commentary about clothes. I'm sooo glad the season is finally upon us. :)

I'm just enjoying the fact that we've got 20 some odd pages of commentary about clothes. I'm sooo glad the season is finally upon us. :)

That post was very now. Very "in" this season.

They may call it "burnt", but I disagree. I'm with Mike on this one. Living in Texas, I recognize a true burnt orange when I see it.

I'm just enjoying the fact that we've got 20 some odd pages of commentary about clothes. I'm sooo glad the season is finally upon us. :)/>

That's hot.

10 internet points to whoever knows the reference.

I'm just enjoying the fact that we've got 20 some odd pages of commentary about clothes. I'm sooo glad the season is finally upon us. :)/>

That's hot.

10 internet points to whoever knows the reference.

TEN POINTS TO ME.

Paris-Hilton-Compares-Herself-to-Albert-Einstein-451601-2.jpg

That is a good catch, meh130. Just proves that the error has also plagued the website. No way our orange is burnt orange.

That is a good catch, meh130. Just proves that the error has also plagued the website. No way our orange is burnt orange.

As my memory serves, see if you can find a uniform from before the Terry Bowden era (maybe perhaps Pat Dye's last couple years) and you'll find that the orange WAS burnt orange back in the day.... They changed it to the bright orange it is today for TV....much like all the chrome and crap they're doing to helmets now. It's all about how it shows on HDTV now.

EDIT: It's possible you'll have to go back to the early 80's or even 60's-70's but before TV mattered, the orange was closer to the TX orange you mention. I had an Ed West jersey when I was a kid and the orange was not particularly bright.

Not the best pic (hey, it's 33 years old) but you might be able to tell, the orange is truly orange as opposed to the almost red-orange of today...

9809537083_20dbd16c3c_z.jpg

This is the official Auburn orange per the university:

http://www.color-hex.com/color/dd550c

This is the official Auburn orange per the athletic department:

http://www.color-hex.com/color/f26522

For comparison, here is the the official UTX burnt orange:

http://www.color-hex.com/color/bf5700

I agree with those who point out the orange on current athletic uniforms and on much of the Auburn paraphernalia is not burnt orange. I would call it "traffic cone orange", bordering on vermilion. We do that to make the color "pop" on TV. Like others have pointed out, in the 1980s, the Auburn paraphernalia used a different shade of orange.

The fact AU's burnt orange is not as char-broiled as UTX's burnt orange does not mean AU's orange is not burnt. The idea is both of our colors are dark, rich variants of the color: Navy Blue. Burnt Orange. Not Orange and Blue like UF. Not Orange like UT.

Do you reckon Under Armour have asked Auburn to introduce a alternate orange jersey but the idea has been knocked back by the school?

Do you reckon Under Armour have asked Auburn to introduce a alternate orange jersey but the idea has been knocked back by the school?

Oh without question. Annually.

I wonder how long it gets knocked back .....money talks!

4.jpgI could live with this for 1 SEC game every 3 years.

I could, too. My only issue with the once-every-<blank> approach is that it adds an extra level of pressure/distraction/what have you to the game. It worked great for UGA! And then it really, really didn't.

Which tempts me to say, "Let the team pick an orange jersey or blue helmet for homecoming every year", but I suppose the whole point of homecoming is tradition, sooooo.... yeah. I dunno. But I think we could incorporate different color combinations while maintaining the integrity of the design and still looking really sharp.

Archived