Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

I prefer black cleats with white socks. Like this:

Screen-shot-2012-10-09-at-7.53.30-PM-Nix-to-Sanders-660x588.png

AuburnHistory_3j0j93kk_cxhfjnlx.jpg

But it didn't really bother me that much. The helmet, jersey and pants are our traditional look. I'll live with the cleats and socks.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but I liked the orange socks and cleats. To me it added a flash of flair. JMHO

I was at the game and my friend and I couldn't stop talking about how much we liked the shoes and socks. I know orange isn't Auburn's primary color, but I still like it being emphasized. The black shoes, white socks of yesteryear look like something a middle aged, white dad would wear. Nothing against middle aged, white dads...just don't want our players resembling them.

I liked the small changes. The metallic emblem and stripes on the helmet along with the socks were noticeable but the uniform still maintained it's classic feel.

All the tweaks were awesome. The changes made were the best possible changes. Looking forward to seeing the away kits and the blue socks and shoes.

Well, I suppose one man's "flair" is another man's cheap and gaudy.

I reckon orange jerseys can't be far behind. :no:

That is not going to happen.

Well, then orange pants? Hell, if those shoes and socks are considered acceptable, why not? :gofig:

We've got the best looking uniforms in the game and look what they are doing to it. It's like painting flames or a firebird emblem on a Ferrari.

From section 314, everything looked good. Then again, it was a long way away from the action.

I didn't get to see our replay tonight unfortunately. I still feel like I only watched about 10 minutes of the game.

What's our incentive for buying tickets again?

I reckon orange jerseys can't be far behind. :no:/>

Well, then orange pants? Hell, if those shoes and socks are considered acceptable, why not? :gofig:/>

We've got the best looking uniforms in the game and look what they are doing to it. It's like painting flames or a firebird emblem on a Ferrari.

Why not just listen to the game on the radio and not watch? If Harvey Updike felt like you he might go poison orange groves everywhere.

I agree, I thought the sock, shoes and metallic stripes looked pretty sharp - and I'm almost always in the "don't screw with the uniform crowd". I thought it was a little bit of modernization while keping the classic look.

Well, then orange pants? Hell, if those shoes and socks are considered acceptable, why not? :gofig:/>

Why not just listen to the game on the radio and not watch? If Harvey Updike felt like you he might go poison orange groves everywhere.

How about just reading this forum and not posting? If all Auburn fans had your sense of aesthetics we'd look like Clemson.

That's It! JJ threw 3 (almost 5) interceptions because we changed to orange shoes/socks unlike last year in the Arky game when he was wearing black shoes. I stated earlier that I liked the added flair/pop of the orange shoes/socks. And I agree that the basics of the uniform remain the same, traditional look (not a fan of orange jerseys) and hope we stay with the overall traditional and minor touches (like shoes/socks). But more important than us fans, is what do the players think about it. From the first video posts, I think they like having a little pop added.

Well, then orange pants? Hell, if those shoes and socks are considered acceptable, why not? :gofig:

Because one is a far more drastic change than the other? A wristband < an undershirt < shoes/socks < pants or jersey. Do you not follow that logic?

I agree. And I've stated my personal preference, with photos. But the orange socks and cleats just didn't bother me all that much.

How about just reading this forum and not posting? If all Auburn fans had your sense of aesthetics we'd look like Clemson.

For someone so quick to bark about the slippery slope fallacy in politics, you sure do toss it about freely on football uniform issues. ;)

I was at the game and my friend and I couldn't stop talking about how much we liked the shoes and socks. I know orange isn't Auburn's primary color, but I still like it being emphasized. The black shoes, white socks of yesteryear look like something a middle aged, white dad would wear. Nothing against middle aged, white dads...just don't want our players resembling them.

Racist

Because one is a far more drastic change than the other? A wristband < an undershirt < shoes/socks < pants or jersey. Do you not follow that logic?

I agree. And I've stated my personal preference, with photos. But the orange socks and cleats just didn't bother me all that much.

Good design is about the details.

IMO, those shoes and socks violate the principles of good design in a large way. That detracts from the overall look of the uniform. The orange sleeves don't help either.

IMO, those shoes and socks violate the principles of good design in a large way. That detracts from the overall look of the uniform. The orange sleeves don't help either.

That's only your opinion not a fact and it certainly isn't an opinion shared by many here. Our colors are ORANGE and BLUE, not just BLUE. Given your absolute hatred of Orange, I'm wondering if you are actually an Auburn fan at all. I find it extremely odd that any fan of a school would outright detest one of their colors.

That's only your opinion not a fact and it certainly isn't an opinion shared by many here. Our colors are ORANGE and BLUE, not just BLUE. Given your absolute hatred of Orange, I'm wondering if you are actually an Auburn fan at all. I find it extremely odd that any fan of a school would outright detest one of their colors.

In case you didn't know, IMO means "in my opinion". And I don't "hate" or "detest" the color orange. :-\

And I will compare my Auburn pedigree to anyone's. I was a fan starting from the time I knew what Auburn was (admittedly I was mimicking my father). I enrolled at Auburn in the summer of '69 and earned a my BS in '73 and a MS in '75.

Orange works great as a trim with navy and white. But it's just not a color you want to emphasize if you are going for a classy look. And in my experience, that's the way the orange was mostly used - not only for our unis but for fan gear. "Orange outs" and the associated orange T shirts and hats suck IMO.

And that view of the color orange happens to be a generally accepted "fact" - even if subjective - by people with a sense of taste, which is exactly why you might wear a tie with orange stripes but you would never wear an orange suit. (Unless you are a clown.)

I am Auburn through and through. I also happen to be blessed with a good sense of taste and design, which is exactly why I find the orange shoes and socks gaudy.

Archived