Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

Close up of the orange cleats ...

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

"Orange outs" also suck.

It is one of our main colors. we are the Orange and Navy... so naturally Orange Outs are awesome! especially with all Navy shakers. What I think when you say Orange outs suck. "ARGH get off my lawn you meddling kids!"

Orange is fine for stripes but that's it. I will never wear orange gear and you shouldn't either.

If you feel compelled to dress up in orange, go root for Clemson.

Well, its fine that you won't wear orange, but it really isn't your place to tell others not too.

I have TONS of orange Auburn shirts that I wear proudly and couldn't care less what others think. I LOVE orange and I love the orange cleats. We are, after all, ORANGE and BLUE....Orange is even mentioned first in the fight song. I find it odd that a professed Auburn fan would so openly hate one of our primary colors.

I didn't tell anyone that can't wear orange, I said they shouldn't. Nor did I say I hated one of our 'primary' colors.

As far as your preferences, there's no accounting for taste.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm older than most posting on here and pretty conservative at that but I really like the orange shoes. I was at the Georgia game when Auburn wore the orange jerseys and the crowd was electric when it happened. If the players like the orange shoes then wear orange. Looking at the video I'd say they do. I love our road whites but the blue shoes or the orange shoes will be a nice accent if that's the combo they choose.

Hell the only reason Clemson uses a dominant orange theme, is because their other color is PURPLE!

Here we are, blessed with the Navy option trimmed with burnt orange and white.

Yet you guys would 'pull a Clemson' for no justifiable, aesthetic reason. :rolleyes:

Hell the only reason Clemson uses a dominant orange theme, is because their other color is PURPLE!

Yet you guys would 'pull a Clemson' for no justifiable, aesthetic reason. :rolleyes:/>

Orange is a superior color to navy blue though

Navy blue is arguably the blandest color you can pick for anything, we make it work don't get me wrong, but for my tastes Orange is superior

I am of the unpopular opinion where I think these are awesome and would be great for an orange out at JHS. I like the white and Navy better but these are slick as well.

"Orange outs" also suck.

It is one of our main colors. we are the Orange and Navy... so naturally Orange Outs are awesome! especially with all Navy shakers. What I think when you say Orange outs suck. "ARGH get off my lawn you meddling kids!"

Orange is fine for stripes but that's it. I will never wear orange gear and you shouldn't either.

Wha???!?? Auburn fan?

To today's lover of all things old, the uniforms look a bit too loud. To the Auburn fan that follows the recruiting side of football, we need to add some flare when it is acceptable. I am glad we took a step back towards tradition (numbers,names,pants) and a step forward in the "Auburn fast" department. It's like Oregon uses their hot color so we use ours.

PS if you wanted black cleats and socks back, you get navy on navy. Pretty good

Even better, as long as you keep it dark. Pat Dye was right, Navy looks bad-assed. (But I think he even used white cleats and socks.)

Dark shoes and stockings are the way to go, with both our blues and our whites. Looking bad-assed is way more important that looking fast. The pros are going to measure you regardless.

We have the basis for the most intimidating look ('brand') in college football. We just need to capitalize on it.

Adding more orange is not the way to do it.

Yet you guys would 'pull a Clemson' for no justifiable, aesthetic reason. :rolleyes:/>

Navy blue is arguably the blandest color you can pick for anything, we make it work don't get me wrong, but for my tastes Orange is superior

Would you buy an orange suit to wear for a job interview?

Why not?

Why not?

Yes, Navy would be the more traditional choice for a suit. But comparing that to what color uniforms 18-22 year old kids are wearing while they play football is not only hilariously misguided, it is also blatantly not comparable. Whether or not you like them, the players who actually have to wear them do, and quite honestly that is the opinion that matters. In recruiting today, it is important to have a swagger, a sense of cool about your program, and if these cleats help, why does it matter? It is a secondary color for Auburn, and in the uniform it is playing a secondary role, as the undergarment to the jersey as well as on the feet and hands. That's it. It's not an orange jersey, or orange pants, or an orange helmet. It is a secondary color in a secondary role.

Why not?

Would you wear navy blue to a party over orange?

I could pull off an orange suit btw, throw a nice blue tie on it, maybe some blue shoes?

Why not?

Yes, Navy would be the more traditional choice for a suit. But comparing that to what color uniforms 18-22 year old kids are wearing while they play football is not only hilariously misguided, it is also blatantly not comparable. Whether or not you like them, the players who actually have to wear them do, and quite honestly that is the opinion that matters. In recruiting today, it is important to have a swagger, a sense of cool about your program, and if these cleats help, why does it matter? It is a secondary color for Auburn, and in the uniform it is playing a secondary role, as the undergarment to the jersey as well as on the feet and hands. That's it. It's not an orange jersey, or orange pants, or an orange helmet. It is a secondary color in a secondary role.

Yep. Well said.

Why not?

I am talking about the psychology of color.

Navy creates an impression of authority, competence, power.

Orange creates an impression of , well,.... a clown.

A judicious, tasteful use of burnt orange to compliment our navy (and white) is classically good looking while retaining a powerful, intimidating impact. That impact decreases when you start adding orange to the mix.

Why not?

Would you wear navy blue to a party over orange?

I could pull off an orange suit btw, throw a nice blue tie on it, maybe some blue shoes?

Not if it were a clown-themed party. ;)

"Orange outs" also suck.

Thanks for the tips on style... I however will continue to wear my orange auburn gear and not support Clemson. BTW in case anyone missed the memo our colors are Burnt ORANGE and Navy Blue. Not Blue and white.

Yep. And the only thing that keeps us from using orange as a primary color instead of a trim color is good taste.

Orange is a primary color no matter how many times you say otherwise. I've explained this to you once before I believe.

I am not making a statutory argument, I am making a 'taste' (aesthetic) argument.

Taste? Buddy you have picture of a cat as your avatar. I believe you had a miata pic at one point. Oh and don't you like the Clintons? I don't think you're in a position to question anyone's taste.

I kid, I kid :P

Why not?

A judicious, tasteful use of burnt orange to compliment our navy (and white) is classically good looking while retaining a powerful, intimidating impact. That impact decreases when you start adding orange to the mix.

Okay, I'll play along with your "psychology of the color" game.

Navy has a general connotation of being common, and is most used as a base color, when you wear it, it for the most part becomes the background of whatever you want to portray, for example a navy Honda Accord.

Orange on the other hand is bright, it pops, and it draws your attention to it. It is a color that is not content to go along with the crowd, not content to fade into the background. It doesn't just seek attention, it demands it. It's no surprise then that Lamborghini uses orange heavily, as they are a "shouty" car maker.

So. You're playing on 1 of 126 football teams, all with 85 players, and your competing for around 300 draft spots. Would you rather fade into the background? Or do you want to command attention?

Why not?

Navy has a general connotation of being common, and is most used as a base color, when you wear it, it for the most part becomes the background of whatever you want to portray, for example a navy Honda Accord.

Orange on the other hand is bright, it pops, and it draws your attention to it. It is a color that is not content to go along with the crowd, not content to fade into the background. It doesn't just seek attention, it demands it. It's no surprise then that Lamborghini uses orange heavily, as they are a "shouty" car maker.

So. You're playing on 1 of 126 football teams, all with 85 players, and your competing for around 300 draft spots. Would you rather fade into the background? Or do you want to command attention?

I'm always up for a good thread derailment, but this one has taken a strange turn.

7404efed-c451-46a9-a636-3415b2cf6152_zps11pgoypv.jpg

Ok - once again to me it's in the socks.

Maybe I'm too old to appreciate wanting to look like another somebody else (if it walks like a duck, and so on...) but I still don't care for the all orange look.

7404efed-c451-46a9-a636-3415b2cf6152_zps11pgoypv.jpg

Ok - once again to me it's in the socks.

Maybe I'm too old to appreciate wanting to look like another somebody else (if it walks like a duck, and so on...) but I still don't care for the all orange look.

Yeah, I think the orange shoes look best with either the navy or white socks. The orange socks with the orange shoes is not a good combination imo.

"Orange outs" also suck.

Thanks for the tips on style... I however will continue to wear my orange auburn gear and not support Clemson. BTW in case anyone missed the memo our colors are Burnt ORANGE and Navy Blue. Not Blue and white.

Yep. And the only thing that keeps us from using orange as a primary color instead of a trim color is good taste.

Orange is a primary color no matter how many times you say otherwise. I've explained this to you once before I believe.

I am not making a statutory argument, I am making a 'taste' (aesthetic) argument.

Taste? Buddy you have picture of a cat as your avatar. I believe you had a miata pic at one point. Oh and don't you like the Clintons? I don't think you're in a position to question anyone's taste.

I kid, I kid :P

Miata? :-\ That was an S2000

Why not?

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. That screams, "look at me".

I am talking about sending a message of confident power and class; one of psychological intimidation. Big difference.

.gibberish

. more some gibberish

,plus some repeated personal conjecture

.n'ADD an awful lot of stuff better said in a PM

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. I screams, "look at me".

I am talking about sending a message of confident power and class; one of psychological intimidation. Big difference.

Well,

u certainly got that I part right

You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. I screams, "look at me".

War Eagle, Fearless and True.

Fight on you ORANGE and Blue!

So if our team were to get an Orange alternative uniform it would look "cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless" even though it is one of our two colors and mentioned first in our fight song??? Orange is also a classy color if done right. Very Fall which just happens to be football season. I call BS bro

Why not?

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. That screams, "look at me".

You're right. Penn state, Virginia and Michigan have everyone shaking in their cleats.

.gibberish

. more some gibberish

,plus some repeated personal conjecture

.n'ADD an awful lot of stuff better said in a PM

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. I screams, "look at me".

Well,

u certainly got that I part right

You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. I screams, "look at me".

It was a typo. I already fixed it.

(But enjoy your triumph. :-\ )

Why not?

You're right. Penn state, Virginia and Michigan have everyone shaking in their cleats.

Well, you do need a good football team to pull it off.

I figured - apparently mistakenly - that everyone would assume that as a given.

Archived